Ladyj

KINGSTON JAMAICA EMBASSY CR1 VISA APPROVAL WAIT TIME?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OMG I am getting stressed reading these posts.  I just don't get it.  Just don't understand the hold up.  Always told be patient, but the patience is wearing thin. We wait long enough to be with our husband and for it to drawn out even longer after the interview just for one item that they have total control over.  They need to go back to people being able to bring their medical in at the time of interview.  My husband is so down about this.  My daughter is upset cuz she wanted him here for her birthday next week, but can see it is not going to happen.  When I see one person get through I will see a little bit of hope:(

What the officer said we cannot make a decision without the medical.  If there was anything else the medical would not have made a difference

Renee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ladyj said:

How long did it take for yours to be approved??

Mine was quick. They got my medical long before. 1 day in AP 5 days from interview to being in my hand. I had it delivered. Didn't do pick up.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

I am in the waiting game essentially. I am U.S. citizen, filed paperwork for my Jamaican husband. He was not able to get his medical before his interview. I signed up for him to have his passport delivered. He had his interview today and the gentleman said he was approved pending his medical exam. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes Andrews hospital to send it over to Embassy and the waiting time after it is received? just want to know so I can plan ahead with ticket prices and such. He game my husband a piece of paper sayiing visa temporarily denied because passport and medical. then he game him a sheet that said rights for immigrating specifically about domestic violence and the different categories of filing.

Edited by toyab
add info

addition:

he was given a paper that says information on the legal rights available to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the U.S and facts about immigrating on a Marriage based visa

Hi Toyab,

The time frame may vary from 2-3 weeks.  Keep in touch with the women on her strictly with Jamaica.  There is a group of us in the exact same situation with interviews from December to present.  They are very supportive and great to conversate with.  There is MistaLovaLova, Mary J, Sweetsher who I think just got visa issued? and Ladyj just to name a few. Welcome to the group and I wish your husband visa in hand as well.  Ask questions as many as you like.  If one does not know there is usually someone else who will be there to help.

Renee

On 1/19/2017 at 7:12 PM, toyab said:

I am in the waiting game essentially. I am U.S. citizen, filed paperwork for my Jamaican husband. He was not able to get his medical before his interview. I signed up for him to have his passport delivered. He had his interview today and the gentleman said he was approved pending his medical exam. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes Andrews hospital to send it over to Embassy and the waiting time after it is received? just want to know so I can plan ahead with ticket prices and such. He game my husband a piece of paper sayiing visa temporarily denied because passport and medical. then he game him a sheet that said rights for immigrating specifically about domestic violence and the different categories of filing.

Any luck with anything happening? Did they confirm yet medical received?

Renee

No hospitak staff said to wait 10 days so by next friday. They also said my husband should  wait until next friday to send in his passport that he shouldnt send it before they send his medical.... i disagree  with that last bit though. I told him to send it wednesday so it can get there same day as the medical

Edited by toyab
Clarification

39 minutes ago, toyab said:

No hospitak staff said to wait 10 days so by next friday. They also said my husband should  wait until next friday to send in his passport that he shouldnt send it before they send his medical.... i disagree  with that last bit though. I told him to send it wednesday so it can get there same day as the medical

Yes I agree with you on that.

Renee

23 hours ago, toyab said:

Hello,

so after 22 days with a little of pressure medical was mysteriously found!

Renee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Looks like I'm in the same situation. AP awaiting medical. Medical was on the 29th of December. Interview January 17th. I confirmed with the hospital the medical was sent on the 20th. Now just waiting... Any suggestions??

16 minutes ago, tc281tx said:

Hello everyone, 

Looks like I'm in the same situation. AP awaiting medical. Medical was on the 29th of December. Interview January 17th. I confirmed with the hospital the medical was sent on the 20th. Now just waiting... Any suggestions??

Hello,

I sent several emails a day with no luck as they always say to do.  I basically complained and told them I got a notification stating my email was not touched/read for 7 days so clearly they are not touching them, yet someone who emailed after me got a response.  I explained to her that my medical was sent over on 3 January and today 22 days later you telling me it is not received.  Told her that I checked with the hospital 3 times and each time the 3rd was confirmed.  I was put on hold and was then told the supervisor is going to take a look and get back to me.  It work, case was touched after phone call, and then finally received email stating my medical was received and is being sent for review.  Was case touched after the 20th of January when medical was sent over? I think it was my lucky day for the lady to actually speak to me and check into my case which is not the norm for them. Just be persistent. I gave it 2 1/2 weeks after interview before I started with the emails and phone calls.

Renee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.