Uzumaki

Filling DCF in Manila

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm a naturalized US citizen currently staying here in the Philippines for almost a year. Me and my fiancée are originally planning to file for a fiance visa when I get back to the US this coming March 2017 but my friend told me about this DIRECT CONSULAR FILLING which is faster and cheaper than fiance visa. So now we're thinking of getting married here in the Philippines and filling for the DCF. Is this the best and fastest route to get your fiancée to the US?

Oh and she is 2months pregnant!

Hope to get an answer from you.

Thank you!

How long were you engaged for? Is the pregnancy an entrapment or just personal "mis-timing" and would have happned after you marry? ............... What benefits will the move to the USA bring etc. etc.? What family support is available after the birth of the child? How will family visit etc. You made a big list for yourself.

All the stuff a deep conversation and one without "emotional loyalty" addresses, because guess what, immigration regardless of the pregnancy will be as cold as steel in their questioning ...at Embassy they have "seen it all before and worse than you can imagine."

What is your timeline to be back in the USA? Medical bills covered if less than a few months?   ..... Then advice can be given to give you the best answer.

Personal choice: Stay, file locally as wife/partner has her local support network in place and no "culture shock" of arriving pregnant and alone during the process which places stresses upon her if you are not there..... thinking of the baby more than you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Patient said:

How long were you engaged for? Is the pregnancy an entrapment or just personal "mis-timing" and would have happned after you marry? ............... What benefits will the move to the USA bring etc. etc.? What family support is available after the birth of the child? How will family visit etc. You made a big list for yourself.

All the stuff a deep conversation and one without "emotional loyalty" addresses, because guess what, immigration regardless of the pregnancy will be as cold as steel in their questioning ...at Embassy they have "seen it all before and worse than you can imagine."

The embassy in Manila is a relatively easy embassy.  If they can prove a genuine relationship you are 90% of the way there And to be honest, in most circumstances I can't see the CO asking these questions.  Especially the one about "what benefits will the move to the USA bring?"  If you are from the Filipinas then that answer is fairly obvious.  That's like asking "What benefits would owning Boardwalk be instead of Baltic Avenue?"  :D 

4 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

The embassy in Manila is a relatively easy embassy.  If they can prove a genuine relationship you are 90% of the way there And to be honest, in most circumstances I can't see the CO asking these questions.  Especially the one about "what benefits will the move to the USA bring?"  If you are from the Filipinas then that answer is fairly obvious.  That's like asking "What benefits would owning Boardwalk be instead of Baltic Avenue?"  :D 

Relationship proof, solidity of relationship and timing agree. Morally though it runs deeper, respect of her family and their needs also must apply.

She is not American and the home/family ties are still really strong. To avoid being the OP wreck towed away off visajourney like so many "immigration cases which went wrong."  Nor does she.

From Friday 20th a new stage is set for USCIS, the Obama appointed Director will have left.

The "born in the USA and becoming an automatic citizen" may be changing - as per DACA and DAPA latest info etc. Just like the repeal of Obamacare, the future medical coverage options will vary, a reason why I am extending my international cover from here when I leave for 6 months (the max), just in case I do not find the right cover quickly.

As a future father, he the OP will have all this to think about. Filipinos make some of the best nurses on the planet. Hence saying file locally.

Edited by Patient

On 1/17/2017 at 3:31 PM, Uzumaki said:

Hello everyone,

I'm a naturalized US citizen currently staying here in the Philippines for almost a year. Me and my fiancée are originally planning to file for a fiance visa when I get back to the US this coming March 2017 but my friend told me about this DIRECT CONSULAR FILLING which is faster and cheaper than fiance visa. So now we're thinking of getting married here in the Philippines and filling for the DCF. Is this the best and fastest route to get your fiancée to the US?

Oh and she is 2months pregnant!

Hope to get an answer from you.

Thank you!

It is indeed faster to do DCF than the fiance visa route. Me and my husband originally planned to go thru the fiance visa route too until we realized that it would take me much longer to get to the US since he would have to get a job first, etc and then file for the K1 petition. K1 petition usually takes about 5-6 months (if you're already living in the US) but DCF should only take about 3 months max. 

Oh, and I was pregnant too when we were planning all this fiance visa stuff. We decided not to do anything until I gave birth. He filed CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) for our daughter which gave her US citizenship. That's another process you may want to research about (In case she wants to give birth here in the Philippines).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.