R.Ny

Example - I-751 Cover Letter

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

my my question is pretty soon I will be applying for I 751 and for last 2 years we have credit card transactions statement that reflects my name, spouse name and in laws name. But I haven't done any transaction in 21 statements but did in 3 statements. Though my name is reflected in each statement and under each name transactions are shown if they happened.

Should I send evidence of all 24 credit card statements?

Timeline

Please see my cover letter and let me know if this is sufficient / good. We don't have any joint utilities under our name. Thank you.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I-751 Cover Letter

Conditional Resident Name (Conditional Resident), A#XXX-XXX-XXX

U.S. citizen spouse Name (U.S. citizen spouse), A#XXX-XXX-XXX

U.S. citizen child Name (U.S. citizen child)

USA Address

USCIS Vermont Service Center
P.O. Box 200
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Nature of the submission: I-751 petition to remove conditions on residence – Original

Submission

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find my form I-751 petition to remove conditions on residence and supporting evidence of the relationship. I'm two years conditional resident since XX/XX/XXXX and expires on XX/XX/XXXX. A payment of $680 in form of money order for both Application and the Biometric Service Fee are also included.

Contents Include:

• I-751 Form signed by myself and my spouse.

• Check for $680, which includes $595 filling fee and $85 biometrics fee.

Birth certificate of child born from the marriage

• Copy of birth certificate of daughter “U.S. citizen child Name” born during the time of this marriage with our as parents name listed.

Joint mortgage contracts

• Copy of the mortgage documents of the house we own and currently reside in.

Joint ownership of assets and Joint responsibility for liabilities

Tax returns

• 2014 and 2015 IRS account transcripts and tax transcripts showing jointly filed tax return.

• 2014 and 2015 complete joint Federal and State tax returns showing jointly filed tax return.

• Copies of “U.S. citizen spouse Name” W2 statements for the year 2014 and 2015 showing the common home address.

• Copies of “Conditional Resident Name” W2 statements for the year 2015 showing the common home address.

Joint medical

• Copies of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy for years 2016, 2015, 2014.

Jointly held bank accounts

• Copies of our joint savings account statements with “Investors Bank” for the years 2016, 2015 and December 2014 with transaction history reflecting the mortgage payments.

Jointly held credit cards

• Letters from “Capital One” on Parents Account stating us (“U.S. citizen spouse Name” & “Conditional Resident Name”) as authorized users for Account Number ending in XXXX.

• Copies of “Capital One” account statements for Account Number ending in XXXX, for the years 2016, 2015, Dec 2014 and Nov 2014, listing us as authorized users

• Copies of “Chase” Credit Cards for “U.S. citizen spouse Name” and “Conditional Resident Name” showing same account number XXX-XXX-XXX-XXXX

• Letters from “Chase” reflecting “Conditional Resident Name” as authorized user on credit card owner “U.S. citizen spouse Name”.

Jointly traveled & upcoming travel plan

• A copy of our e-tickets overseas trip to COUNTRY NAME and local tickets, to meet “Conditional Resident Name” family where we have traveled together in the past two years including our daughter “U.S. citizen child Name”.

• A copy of our e-tickets of our upcoming overseas trip to COUNTRY NAME from MMDDYYYY to MMDDYYYY including our daughter “U.S. citizen child Name”.

Joint photos

• Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the last two years such as wedding photos, honeymoon photos, baby shower photos for our daughter “U.S. citizen child Name” & her 1st birthday celebration photos, family events / vacation photos.

Marriage Certificate

• Copy of the marriage certificate by State Registrar XX.

• Copy of the marriage certificate by Municipal Court of XX, XX.

Green Card

• Copy of my permanent resident card front and back.

Joint Residence

• Copy of “U.S. citizen spouse Name” driving license and “Conditional Resident Name” learning permit with our current address of residence.

• Copy of issue of SSN card to “Conditional Resident Name” showing the current address of residence.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

Conditional Resident Name U.S. citizen spouse Name

Conditional Resident U.S. Citizen spouse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just a small item...if you are still married, and it looks like you are - YOU are not filing the petition - BOTH of you are filing the JOINT petition.  So you might want to change a lot of the "I"s to "we"s...

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thanks good catch.

I changed following items -

1)

Enclosed please find my form

to

Enclosed please find our form

2)

I'm two years conditional resident since XX/XX/XXXX and expires on XX/XX/XXXX.

to

Conditional Resident Name” is two years conditional resident since XX/XX/XXXX and it expires on XX/XX/XXXX.

3)

I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

to

We understand that we may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

for utilities, do you have some in your name and some in your spouse's? This would show common residence even though not both of your names are listed. Looks like you have a pretty good list though. 

Caveat: I haven't gone through this yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

As am individual who has researched and studied immigration's policies and procedures for years, I will allude to my colleague's comments on the pronoun "I" to "We" which was mentioned numerous times in your assertions. Howbeit, your evidence may not be as solid as a rock, but it has some key ingredients that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services' officials might want to consider in granting you 10 years Green Card; and that is the child bore within the union and perhaps, joint liabilities. There is no other way more conniving to uscis' officials in proving a legitimate relationship then having children or child. Don't get me wrong, there are other pieces of evidence so vital and influential in making a positive decision on your behalf. To sum up, I think you're good.   

Timeline
1 minute ago, DrEllaNJ said:

for utilities, do you have some in your name and some in your spouse's? This would show common residence even though not both of your names are listed. Looks like you have a pretty good list though. 

Caveat: I haven't gone through this yet.

I’ve utilities under my name, parents name but none under my spouse name.

So I thought of skipping utilities all together.

Do you think it is still good idea to add evidence of utility under my name ? USCIS instructions says to show joint utility only.

Timeline
Just now, chars said:

If you have some bills in your name and other in hers then I don't think there's a issue here.

Thanks for reply. There are no bills under my spouse name.

One i can think of - is medical bills - where i am primary card holder, so bills under my name but it shows patients name as my spouse name. But i am not adding medical bills.

Timeline

utilities are some parts of evidence; if not available for some logical reasons, there are some many ways to substantiate your relationship.  

Timeline
Just now, chars said:

utilities are some parts of evidence; if not available for some logical reasons, there are some many ways to substantiate your relationship.  

Yeah. Since no utilities bill together, can't do much.

Is it okay to just send utility bill under my name ? will that be better than nothing ? or it may become pointer for RFE ?

Timeline

On Part 1 - since I don't have middle name. My name wasn't auto populating on Part 7.

So I ended up in adding a space in middle name, now my name auto populates in Part 7. But it shows like this -

"R. . LastName"

Will this be still okay ?

in prior i-751 forms, it used to print full name. now it is printing first name initial. middle name initial. last name.

to be on safe side, just I don't want to use the old form even though it is valid until Feb 2017.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, chars said:

Do you know why there's no utility bill in her name? Is there any reason?

Before i got married, all utility bills were either under my name or parents name. After i got married, never thought of making any change there. So that's the reason.

Timeline
(F)    Primary and Secondary Evidence     .                

"  .... Closely related to the best evidence rule is the concept of primary and secondary evidence. Primary evidence is evidence which on its face proves a fact. For example, the divorce certificate is primary evidence of a divorce. Secondary evidence is evidence which makes it more likely that the fact sought to be proven by the primary evidence is true, but cannot do so on its own face, without any external reference. In the above example, church records showing that an individual was divorced at a certain time would be secondary evidence of the divorce". Utilities are secondary evidence. You have other key primary pieces of evidence right? use them and give reasons for the unavailability of utilities in her name.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.