Ashley Scott

UK beneficiaries :)

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Shokra said:

"I will make him cottage pie (but only if I can call it Sheppard's Pie and make it with beef :D)".   <--- then it wouldn't be cottage pie then :P Sheppard's Pie is made with Lamb, Cottage Pie is made with Beef (some are insulted if you call them the wrong thing ... 

Haha, I just learned this recently. I always thought shappards pie was made with beef because that's how it typically comes when you order it from somewhere over here. I will have to get used to calling it cottage pie. :) 

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

Wow!  3 Months!  That is incredibly quick but awesome!  I expect I will be the same way once ours hits the NVC.  I feel like this wait between the NOA1 and NOA2 is going to be the hardest because there is nothing we can really do in the meantime.  I have been preparing my tax returns and all for the affidavit but other than that... I'm not too sure what to do other than research what the next steps are (over and over, lol) after the packet is transferred!  Thanks for the heads up on the London Embassy.  We will definitely keep that in mind.  Congrats on the visa being issued for you guys!  Do you have wedding plans all set?  

Honestly the wait from the interview until "issued" was the worst for us. 

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Well, for anyone still going through the process back here in the U.K., the medical is an absolute breeze! It's true what everyone says, it is absolutely nothing to worry about. The staff at Knightsbridge are all very friendly and I felt very much at ease. I feel like it's given me a bit of a confidence boost and at the moment, I'm not feeling too bad about the interview. That of course will change in the days running up to it!

I was actually able to find a proper butcher shop not too far from Seattle that actually sells proper bacon, sausages and haggis! It's a little pricey, but it's nice to know it's somewhere I can go now and again to get what I need to make a proper cooked breakfast. I'll definitely miss the chocolate...sigh. We found that World Market has a pretty decent selection of U.K. Chocolate, but again it can be quite pricey. That said though, my guy - who is a total convert to British chocolate - managed to snag himself a bag of funsize mars, snickers, milky way and magic stars for almost pennies in their post Christmas sale, so he was very pleased with himself! 

When I was over visiting a couple of winters ago, I made Scotch broth with the turkey leftovers at both thanksgiving and Christmas, and it went down as a big hit with everyone. I also made rock buns a few times and they were very popular! I'm actually looking forward to sharing my food with my new family! 

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to chime in as my fiancee is from Dundee Scotland and will be moving to Myrtle Beach SC. It's so funny to read about all the food! My fiancee though everything was also very salty here! 

2 minutes ago, Ashley214 said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to chime in as my fiancee is from Dundee Scotland and will be moving to Myrtle Beach SC. It's so funny to read about all the food! My fiancee though everything was also very salty here! 

Oh that's cool, I'm only around a fifteen minute drive away from Dundee :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, littlewingxx said:

Oh that's cool, I'm only around a fifteen minute drive away from Dundee :)

Awesome! We met while i was over doing my master's at the uni there. Loved Scotland and am pretty sure miss it more than he will :)

7 minutes ago, Ashley214 said:

Awesome! We met while i was over doing my master's at the uni there. Loved Scotland and am pretty sure miss it more than he will :)

My guy loved being over here too, so hopefully we can still manage to visit as often as possible. I'm going to miss Irn Bru though! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, littlewingxx said:

My guy loved being over here too, so hopefully we can still manage to visit as often as possible. I'm going to miss Irn Bru though! 

Yes him too! and of course Haggis

4 minutes ago, Ashley214 said:

Yes him too! and of course Haggis

We actually found a butcher a couple of hours away that has haggis. Personally, I can't stand it but when my guy was over here last month, my mum made him proper haggis, neeps and tatties and he loved it! I may have to try mastering that to make him ;). As for Irn Bru, we found a store in Portland that sells it so thankfully I won't suffer full withdrawal!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, littlewingxx said:

We actually found a butcher a couple of hours away that has haggis. Personally, I can't stand it but when my guy was over here last month, my mum made him proper haggis, neeps and tatties and he loved it! I may have to try mastering that to make him ;). As for Irn Bru, we found a store in Portland that sells it so thankfully I won't suffer full withdrawal!

Ah thats awesome! My guy always says nothing better for a hangover than a bacon roll and Irn Bru! Now that i think of it though, Im sure he'll miss a proper Scottish breakfast the most! Nothing like that here for sure. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ashley214 said:

Hi everyone, 

Ha. My fiancé thinks everything is too sweet! How does your fiancé feel about myrtle beach? The first place I took my fiancé when he came over was North Myrtle. Some of our best memories thus far. ;) 

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, littlewingxx said:

Well, for anyone still going through the process back here in the U.K., the medical is an absolute breeze! It's true what everyone says, it is absolutely nothing to worry about. The staff at Knightsbridge are all very friendly and I felt very much at ease. I feel like it's given me a bit of a confidence boost and at the moment, I'm not feeling too bad about the interview. That of course will change in the days running up to it!

I was actually able to find a proper butcher shop not too far from Seattle that actually sells proper bacon, sausages and haggis! It's a little pricey, but it's nice to know it's somewhere I can go now and again to get what I need to make a proper cooked breakfast. I'll definitely miss the chocolate...sigh. We found that World Market has a pretty decent selection of U.K. Chocolate, but again it can be quite pricey. That said though, my guy - who is a total convert to British chocolate - managed to snag himself a bag of funsize mars, snickers, milky way and magic stars for almost pennies in their post Christmas sale, so he was very pleased with himself! 

When I was over visiting a couple of winters ago, I made Scotch broth with the turkey leftovers at both thanksgiving and Christmas, and it went down as a big hit with everyone. I also made rock buns a few times and they were very popular! I'm actually looking forward to sharing my food with my new family! 

Thanks for sharing your experience with the medical.  Seems like London is pretty easy to deal with on medical and interview from what we have been reading.  It definitely helps calm my fiancé's nerves a bit to read these experiences.  :) 

After some research, I was able to find a really nice British Shop about 2.5 hours from me.  It is right outside of Atlanta, Ga.  They carry all of my fiancé's favorite snacks that we don't have here (smarties, Jaffa cakes, prawn cocktail walkers, salad cream, marmite, etc).  I told him that we will have to plan a weekend getaway to Atlanta every so often and stop and stock up.  It is nice to know that we are able to get some of the stuff that will give him a little piece of home. :D  We still have to work out the meat and cheese though. haha.

Good luck to you on your interview!  Do you have the date set for it?

39 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with the medical.  Seems like London is pretty easy to deal with on medical and interview from what we have been reading.  It definitely helps calm my fiancé's nerves a bit to read these experiences.  :) 

After some research, I was able to find a really nice British Shop about 2.5 hours from me.  It is right outside of Atlanta, Ga.  They carry all of my fiancé's favorite snacks that we don't have here (smarties, Jaffa cakes, prawn cocktail walkers, salad cream, marmite, etc).  I told him that we will have to plan a weekend getaway to Atlanta every so often and stop and stock up.  It is nice to know that we are able to get some of the stuff that will give him a little piece of home. :D  We still have to work out the meat and cheese though. haha.

Good luck to you on your interview!  Do you have the date set for it?

Yeah, my interview is on January 31st so I'm on the final stretch now! I'm actually feeling almost excited about it now because it's so close! 

I think I'm pretty lucky where I'm going because there's an amazing candy store in Portland that carries a lot of U.K. Sweets, as well as stuff from other countries too. We also discovered a quaint little Scottish store too that has Dairy Milk...my fiancé absolutely LOVES fruit n nut...and Tango, Irn Bru, polo mints, macaroon bars and a whole bunch of other stuff, so we're covered for the sweet stuff! We'll have a bit of a drive to get supplies of bacon and sausages and stuff though, but like you guys incorporating it into a weekend away sounds like a cool idea. We have pretty good cheese out here, so I won't be missing out too much on that front!

Timeline
4 hours ago, littlewingxx said:

Yeah, my interview is on January 31st so I'm on the final stretch now! I'm actually feeling almost excited about it now because it's so close! 

I think I'm pretty lucky where I'm going because there's an amazing candy store in Portland that carries a lot of U.K. Sweets, as well as stuff from other countries too. We also discovered a quaint little Scottish store too that has Dairy Milk...my fiancé absolutely LOVES fruit n nut...and Tango, Irn Bru, polo mints, macaroon bars and a whole bunch of other stuff, so we're covered for the sweet stuff! We'll have a bit of a drive to get supplies of bacon and sausages and stuff though, but like you guys incorporating it into a weekend away sounds like a cool idea. We have pretty good cheese out here, so I won't be missing out too much on that front!

That's awesome!  You are so close!  Also glad that you guys have some places nearby to pick up some proper sweets :)  I wish we had more around this area.

Good luck to you on your interview day!  Cant wait to see an update after! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had my interview today and we were approved!

For all of you and your fiancé/fiancées still waiting for the interview, you'll be fine! The staff are all lovely, everyone is really friendly and pleasant. I won't say don't worry, 'cause you will and I think there'd be something wrong with you if you didn't, but assuming you've no red flags, you'll be absolutely fine :).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.