Ashley Scott

UK beneficiaries :)

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It took about 3 months from NOA1 to

"issued" for us. 

we submitted October 3rd. 

Not only is it the one of the most unpopular times to get engaged, but we think we hit a time where they were cranking through I-129Fs.

we made sure we were always a step ahead of the game and were like hawks over the NVC. I'm sure they were relieved for our file to be out their doors. No more daily phone calls :) 

London embassy has no telephone line (for immigrant visas) so be sure to treat the interview like it's the last time you will Be able to communicate with anyone there.

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Timeline

Hello! We are new as well, filed the beginning of December 2016!  My fiancé is from Swindon, England and I'm in Phoenix, Arizona.  He's been here a few times and enjoys our warm weather and lack of rain :D  I think the hardest thing for him is going to be NO proper bacon and how everything is so big here in the states.

12/01/2016 – Petition mailed
12/02/2016 – Petition received
12/07/2016 – NOA1 (text/email)
12/09/2016 – NOA1 (hard copy)
03/13/2017 – NOA2 (text/email) 102 days
03/16/2017 – NOA2 (hard copy)
03/23/2017 – NVC Received
03/31/2017 – US Embassy Received
04/18/2017 – DS-160 – Done
04/19/2017 – Visa Paid £217.30
04/19/2017 – Carrier Paid £18.00
04/24/2017 – NVC (hard copy)
04/28/2017 – Knightsbridge – Bentinck Mansions £290
05/12/2017 – Embassy Interview (Knightsbridge error cause delay)
05/22/2017 – Embassy (approved)
06/21/2017 – Arrived @ POE (Newark)
08/03/2017 – AoS mailed ($1140 & $85)
08/07/2017 – AoS received 
08/15/2017 – NOA1 – AoS Biometrics, Work Authorization & Travel Document
08/21/2017 – AoS, Work & Travel (hard copy)
09/05/2017 – AoS RFE (case status)
09/08/2017 – Biometrics (done)
09/18/2017 – RFE Received (text/email)
11/03/2017 – NOA2 – Work Authorization, Travel Document (text/email)
11/10/2017 – NOA2 – Work Authorization, Travel Document (hard copy)
11/20/2017 - EAD combo card (hard copy)
01/19/2018 - Change of Address (submitted)
02/05/2018 - Changed off Address (accepted/hard copy)
03/22/2018 - NOA2 AoS/Interview (Case Status)
03/28/2018 - NOA2 AoS/Interview (hard copy) 237 days
04/30/2018 - Interview Date @ 0800
04/30/2018 - RFE Received (Knightsbridge Error: Incomplete medical)
05/19/2018 - RFE Mailed (New Medical) $225
05/21/2018 - RFE (delivered w/ sign confirmation)
06/01/2018 - Green card received (mail) and e-Notifications

uk and usa.jpg

We filed at the end of September, and I am as I type this, sitting in Heathrow end route into London for my medical. I think we were lucky when we filed as everything has gone really fast for us!

I'm from Fife in Scotland, and I'll be moving to Vancouver, Washington. We're hopefully aiming for April.

I'm looking forward to not having to keep saying goodbye at the airport, and to finally get to start our life together ❤. But I'm dreading leaving my dog behind - I'm going to miss her most of all!

Hi I am also new to the site, I am from Co Durham and moving to Utah to join my husband, Still trying to figure out what I want to take, leave behind.

We filed December and received the NOA1 so now the waiting game begins, I am just hoping Nebraska doesn't take that long, but we have already started getting everything ready for the next part so we can get it sent off ASAP.

Things I will miss - Probably everything, but the opportunities are endless so well worth it, plus I can always come back and visit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, DelilahBrz said:

It took about 3 months from NOA1 to

"issued" for us. 

we submitted October 3rd. 

Not only is it the one of the most unpopular times to get engaged, but we think we hit a time where they were cranking through I-129Fs.

we made sure we were always a step ahead of the game and were like hawks over the NVC. I'm sure they were relieved for our file to be out their doors. No more daily phone calls :) 

London embassy has no telephone line (for immigrant visas) so be sure to treat the interview like it's the last time you will Be able to communicate with anyone there.

Wow!  3 Months!  That is incredibly quick but awesome!  I expect I will be the same way once ours hits the NVC.  I feel like this wait between the NOA1 and NOA2 is going to be the hardest because there is nothing we can really do in the meantime.  I have been preparing my tax returns and all for the affidavit but other than that... I'm not too sure what to do other than research what the next steps are (over and over, lol) after the packet is transferred!  Thanks for the heads up on the London Embassy.  We will definitely keep that in mind.  Congrats on the visa being issued for you guys!  Do you have wedding plans all set?  

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shokra said:

Hello! We are new as well, filed the beginning of December 2016!  My fiancé is from Swindon, England and I'm in Phoenix, Arizona.  He's been here a few times and enjoys our warm weather and lack of rain :D  I think the hardest thing for him is going to be NO proper bacon and how everything is so big here in the states.

Ha!  No proper bacon :P.  My fiancé is on about proper cheese.  He does not like our cheese AT ALL!  haha.  I have been researching to see if I can find anywhere local that would sell "proper cheese" but so far I have found nothing.  Food in general seems to be completely different.  I guess I will be learning how to make a proper roast and Yorkshire pudding to give him a little taste of home every so often.  :)  Good luck to you guys on your journey!  I look forward to keeping an eye on it!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

Timeline
2 hours ago, littlewingxx said:

We filed at the end of September, and I am as I type this, sitting in Heathrow end route into London for my medical. I think we were lucky when we filed as everything has gone really fast for us!

I'm from Fife in Scotland, and I'll be moving to Vancouver, Washington. We're hopefully aiming for April.

I'm looking forward to not having to keep saying goodbye at the airport, and to finally get to start our life together ❤. But I'm dreading leaving my dog behind - I'm going to miss her most of all!

How exciting!  Hope your medical goes smoothly!  Are you going to be staying in London until your interview or will you have to commute again?  Airport goodbyes are the worst!  That is something that we are also looking forward to putting in the past.  You send/leave a piece of your heart with every goodbye.  And I hate that you have to leave your pup!  I know that will be hard but hopefully you will get in lots of visits in the future! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, martin bk said:

Hi I am also new to the site, I am from Co Durham and moving to Utah to join my husband, Still trying to figure out what I want to take, leave behind.

We filed December and received the NOA1 so now the waiting game begins, I am just hoping Nebraska doesn't take that long, but we have already started getting everything ready for the next part so we can get it sent off ASAP.

Things I will miss - Probably everything, but the opportunities are endless so well worth it, plus I can always come back and visit.

The waiting game is awful. The wait for the NOA1 was not too terrible because it was somewhat short.  The unknown of this wait to the NOA2 is not fun at all. :(

Visits will be key in my opinion.  My fiancé and I are looking to go back and visit his family in England every other year or so.  And of course we hope they will be able to come visit us in the off years.  I look forward to getting to know where he is from and where he grew up as well. :)  Good luck to you!

Timeline

Hi Ashley, I am from the UK, the West Midlands and moving to Arizona so this is a complete 180 for me and how I am used to things. I fly out to the USA on Saturday so very excited to finally get to be with my fiance Sarah.

Flip 180 as I am used to cold, dull weather for most of the year, very small town with a population of 22,000, places are very easy to get to as I am in the middle of everything, living with my parents etc... 

Going to the warmest part of Arizona, to a huge population where once you leave the city it seem miles before you see anything else where you can stop for a tinkle and a bite to eat, parents on Skype rather than my Fiance...

I also drive which I don't think I can do there straight away either so its like taking me back to the days of being 15 lol. I hope to pass my test and get on the road sharpish as this is my passion, I love driving!

I wish you the best of luck and I hope all is well :thumbs:  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Hi Ashley, I am from the UK, the West Midlands and moving to Arizona so this is a complete 180 for me and how I am used to things. I fly out to the USA on Saturday so very excited to finally get to be with my fiance Sarah.

Flip 180 as I am used to cold, dull weather for most of the year, very small town with a population of 22,000, places are very easy to get to as I am in the middle of everything, living with my parents etc... 

Going to the warmest part of Arizona, to a huge population where once you leave the city it seem miles before you see anything else where you can stop for a tinkle and a bite to eat, parents on Skype rather than my Fiance...

I also drive which I don't think I can do there straight away either so its like taking me back to the days of being 15 lol. I hope to pass my test and get on the road sharpish as this is my passion, I love driving!

Saturday!  That is so exciting!  Congrats to you guys on that!  I can only imagine how different it would be going from a small town to a big city.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get adjusted! 

I have been wondering how the driving thing works.  If you get more information on this, please share :)  My fiancé will be eager to get on the roads as well when he comes over.  We need to figure out what that process looks like (driving test and all that good stuff).  Luckily he is pretty good with driving on the right side of the road... at first I was a little terrified to ride with him. ha! 

Best of luck to you guys in your marriage and safe travels on Saturday! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ashley Scott said:

Saturday!  That is so exciting!  Congrats to you guys on that!  I can only imagine how different it would be going from a small town to a big city.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get adjusted! 

I have been wondering how the driving thing works.  If you get more information on this, please share :)  My fiancé will be eager to get on the roads as well when he comes over.  We need to figure out what that process looks like (driving test and all that good stuff).  Luckily he is pretty good with driving on the right side of the road... at first I was a little terrified to ride with him. ha! 

Best of luck to you guys in your marriage and safe travels on Saturday! 

I will certainly pass on information I find out about the driving, I know it may be different for your state to Arizona but any information is a good place to start right? lol

Driving on the right side I don't find too bad but I do hesitate when I try to think about which way the traffic is coming from haha. The right on red really throws me... It goes again everything that you are taught in the UK lol :lol: 

Say if I have any information or can share my experiences with you then I will be more than happy to do so. :thumbs: 

Hi Ashley. We're not newbies on here, but can well remember the excitement and worry that went along with the very first filing. :)  Our NoA2 for the K1 visa took almost 9 months... agony. But it's all worth it. He had no trouble with the medical interview at Knightsbridge, or the American embassy in London. My husband is from a town north of Brighton, and moved near Asheville, North Carolina. He found the weather in the 'deep' south a bit too humid in the summer, but loves the blue skies. He is now a licensed realtor and is waiting for his citizenship interview appointment. It's been almost five years now, and he really hasn't missed much at all about England. His family visits regularly as they love to come to America to shop. Much luck to you both for a swift journey! 

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

I will certainly pass on information I find out about the driving, I know it may be different for your state to Arizona but any information is a good place to start right? lol

Driving on the right side I don't find too bad but I do hesitate when I try to think about which way the traffic is coming from haha. The right on red really throws me... It goes again everything that you are taught in the UK lol :lol: 

Say if I have any information or can share my experiences with you then I will be more than happy to do so. :thumbs: 

Yes, any and all information is good information. :)  I have already been informed that I am not allowed to drive when we are in England.  I don't think I could switch to driving completely backwards. haha.

I appreciate any and all information you are able to provide about the journey in the next few months! 

25 minutes ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Good Look for Saturday,

let us know how you get on, I have only driven through Arizona but hoping to visit the individual states and explore in more detail once I get over.

Talking about small towns we have less than 3k in the dale and heavy traffic basically  means we have sheep loose on the road.

Timeline

I'm guessing you have been told you're not allowed to drive by someone who is scared right? Because legally you can drive in the UK on your US license :) 

What stage are you at with your process? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.