Ashley Scott

UK beneficiaries :)

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey everyone!  We are still kind of new to this site and this process.  I love seeing everyone's journeys though and having a place to go to for advice from others that are going through the same thing. 

For those who are coming over from the United Kingdom, where are you from in the UK and where are you moving to in the US?  Also, what has been or do you feel will be the hardest part of moving to the US from the UK. 

My fiancé is from a small town in Southwest England and will be moving to Greenville, SC with me.  Although he has had a few trips to get to know the area, it will be a huge change for him when he gets here for good.  :) 

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Timeline

Hi!  My fiance and I are also new to this site and the whole visa process.  I'm originally from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina!  My fiance is from Liverpool, England.  She loves America, especially the Southeastern weather!  We're still in the process of preparing our visa and getting ready to move countries.  There's so much to prepare for, it's crazy!  I'm sure your fiance will adjust quickly :) Missing family, friends, and pets will probably be the hardest thing about moving, but you can always go visit!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, kampy12 said:

Hi!  My fiance and I are also new to this site and the whole visa process.  I'm originally from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina!  My fiance is from Liverpool, England.  She loves America, especially the Southeastern weather!  We're still in the process of preparing our visa and getting ready to move countries.  There's so much to prepare for, it's crazy!  I'm sure your fiance will adjust quickly :) Missing family, friends, and pets will probably be the hardest thing about moving, but you can always go visit!

Nice!  Scott is a huge Liverpool Football supporter (I am now too, ha).  That is one of the places I hope to visit one day when we go over to visit.  Good luck on yall's journey!  Hope everything goes smooth for you! 

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello! 

I think we've already spoke Ashley, you calmed my nerves about the NOA1 taking a little longer that I expected (we got it today - yaay!). 

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and I'm moving to Long Island, NY. 

The only thing I find difficult sometimes, is that Americans particularly in NY struggle to understand my Scottish Accent - I don't blame them it's a difficult accent to even imitate! haha! Other than that I can't wait to move! I'm pretty close with my mum so that's going to be the most difficult thing to get used to but , excited for a new adventure and not having to wait 3 month periods before we see each other again each time!

Yaz

Edited by YazMcKeag

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

Timeline
2 minutes ago, YazMcKeag said:

Hello! 

I think we've already spoke Ashley, you calmed my nerves about the NOA1 taking a little longer that I expected (we got it today - yaay!). 

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and I'm moving to Long Island, NY. 

The only thing I find difficult sometimes, is that Americans particularly in NY struggle to understand my Scottish Accent - I don't blame them it's a difficult accent to even imitate! haha! Other than that I can't wait to move! I'm pretty close with my mum so that's going to be the most difficult thing to get used to but , excited for a new adventure and not having to wait 3 month periods before we see each other again each time!

Yaz

I'm so glad to hear you got the NOA1 today!  Yay!  It makes it really feel like things are in motion after that. :)

Ha! I love that you say that about your accent.  I think Scottish accents are great... I definitely struggle to understand them tho!  Especially when they are commentating on football. lol.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to be distant from your mum but hopefully there will be lots of visits and lots of video chats!  I look forward to following along with your journey and wish the best of luck to you guys!

2 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

Hey everyone!  We are still kind of new to this site and this process.  I love seeing everyone's journeys though and having a place to go to for advice from others that are going through the same thing. 

For those who are coming over from the United Kingdom, where are you from in the UK and where are you moving to in the US?  Also, what has been or do you feel will be the hardest part of moving to the US from the UK. 

My fiancé is from a small town in Southwest England and will be moving to Greenville, SC with me.  Although he has had a few trips to get to know the area, it will be a huge change for him when he gets here for good.  :) 

Hi!

If you want to find even more UK ppl, you can do so in the regional forum :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

very good place for specific info, questions, experiences

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

I'm so glad to hear you got the NOA1 today!  Yay!  It makes it really feel like things are in motion after that. :)

Ha! I love that you say that about your accent.  I think Scottish accents are great... I definitely struggle to understand them tho!  Especially when they are commentating on football. lol.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to be distant from your mum but hopefully there will be lots of visits and lots of video chats!  I look forward to following along with your journey and wish the best of luck to you guys!

I know it really does feel like it's in motion now - just happy our case is in the system now. Fingers crossed things process fairly quickly, I'd love to be out there for the end of July this year - but I know it can take a long time! 

Yes, I always feel so mediocre when I come back to Scotland because nobody is fascinated with my accent haha!! 

Good luck to you too babe, look forward to following along on your journey also!! 

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

Hi!

If you want to find even more UK ppl, you can do so in the regional forum :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

very good place for specific info, questions, experiences

Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to do that earlier but couldn't navigate it correctly. Lol. Still learning :)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, YazMcKeag said:

I know it really does feel like it's in motion now - just happy our case is in the system now. Fingers crossed things process fairly quickly, I'd love to be out there for the end of July this year - but I know it can take a long time! 

Yes, I always feel so mediocre when I come back to Scotland because nobody is fascinated with my accent haha!! 

Good luck to you too babe, look forward to following along on your journey also!! 

We are hoping for July as well. Fingers crossed! Hopefully they will get back to processing quickly. Seems like the holidays really slowed things down. That's what I'm gonna blame it on at least. Lol. 

Timeline
Just now, Ashley Scott said:

We are hoping for July as well. Fingers crossed! Hopefully they will get back to processing quickly. Seems like the holidays really slowed things down. That's what I'm gonna blame it on at least. Lol. 

Yeah I saw recently a girl from the UK got her K1 in her hand in 3 months - that would be lovely haha!! But I'd be happy for July, fingers crossed it picks back up now that the holidays are over and we see an increase in NOA2's. 

You should fill out your timeline it gives you an estimate for your NOA2 that way - it's not terribly accurate but gives you a rough timescale!

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Yeah I saw recently a girl from the UK got her K1 in her hand in 3 months - that would be lovely haha!! But I'd be happy for July, fingers crossed it picks back up now that the holidays are over and we see an increase in NOA2's. 

You should fill out your timeline it gives you an estimate for your NOA2 that way - it's not terribly accurate but gives you a rough timescale!

I wish it would be that quick! Haha. Just keeping hope that the 6 months will hold true! 

I started our timeline. All I've added is our file date and NOA1 letter.  Can't wait to add the NOA2 date to it! I check them all the time to see if anyone has added their NOA2. It makes me excited to see a new one. :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ashley Scott said:

I wish it would be that quick! Haha. Just keeping hope that the 6 months will hold true! 

I started our timeline. All I've added is our file date and NOA1 letter.  Can't wait to add the NOA2 date to it! I check them all the time to see if anyone has added their NOA2. It makes me excited to see a new one. :) 

Aw you should auto-link it to your profile - would be good to follow yours too, seeing as we're round about the same timescales and embassy!!

I know me too - I really can't wait, I got so excited at the NOA1 can't imagine what i'll be like at the NOA2 haha!! :P

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Aw you should auto-link it to your profile - would be good to follow yours too, seeing as we're round about the same timescales and embassy!!

I know me too - I really can't wait, I got so excited at the NOA1 can't imagine what i'll be like at the NOA2 haha!! :P

I will do that! I didn't realize you had to link them. Ha. Yes, it will be interesting to see how close our journeys are on the timeline. I'll go link it now :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

I will do that! I didn't realize you had to link them. Ha. Yes, it will be interesting to see how close our journeys are on the timeline. I'll go link it now :)

Yeah it took me a while to realise that too! There's so much you can do on this site, takes a minute to get up to speed haha!

Yes fingers crossed we both get our July moving date!

Have a good week! :)

January 2017 Filer

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Yaztalksalot said:

Yeah it took me a while to realise that too! There's so much you can do on this site, takes a minute to get up to speed haha!

Yes fingers crossed we both get our July moving date!

Have a good week! :)

You too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.