104 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jo&Yu said:

Hi There!

This whole.."not being able to work" thing has moved up our wedding date to tomorrow. =}

Hopefully, by the end of the week, we'll be able to send in AOS?

How long did it take to receive EAD after filing?

Any advice or tips concerning filing and Denver's office is greatly appreciated. 

Thanx in advance!

Either way, I'm so glad I found this group! You all understand our grief!

Patience is truly a virtue! Jajaja

Hello! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

EAD is typically approved in 90 days or less (my husband got his on day 71) but sometimes it can take longer. 

Glad you found out little Denver group too, it's good to share information with others who are going through the same thing!

USCIS Process

December 2005 - Met online

August 2015 - Met in person

November 27, 2015 - Married <3

1-8-16: Filed I-130

5-13-16: I-130 Approved

9-20-2016: Mailed AOS Docs (I-485/I-765/I-131)

9-22-2016: AOS Docs received

9-30-2016: NOA

10-21-16: RFI for I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

10-25-16: Biometrics

10-31-16: RFI response mailed

11-4-16: RFI response received

12-2-16: EAD in process

12-8-16: EAD in hand

5-18-17: Interview (238 days from filing)

5-18-17: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi Jo&Yu,

I just filled my AOS 2 weeks ago and just received my Notice of Action, so I believe that it will take between 3 and 4 months to receive the EAD from now.

Make sure you have all the docs ready, it took me a while to gather everything, even if I thought I already had it. Just as a tip, make sure you have this check list for your cover letter.

1. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

1. Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Includes:

• 2 photographs (taken within 30 days of the filing of this application on May 25th, 2017)

• Check to the amount of $1,225 made payable to the US Department of Homeland Security

• Copy of my foreign birth certificate with English translation

• Copy of passport page with K-1 Visa

• Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet) and cover letter

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

• Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and the supporting documents:

• Proof of U.S. citizenship (copy of the biographic data page of sponsor’s U.S. Passport)

• Federal Income tax returns: 

• 2015 W2 

• Last paychecks

• Evidence of eligibility which includes a copy of approval notice for I-129F, copy of marriage certificate, electronic Form I-94 and passport identity page

2. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Includes:

• 2 photographs (taken within 30 days of the filing of this application on May 25th, 2017)

• Initial Evidence which includes a copy of an official photo identity document (passport identity page)

• A copy of electronic Form I-94 and K1 visa to show my present status in the United States

3. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Includes:

• Passport Identity Page

Good luck!

Thank you so much for this information @m_&_a and so thorough!!

Hopefully it will be closer to 2 months for your EAD & Travel docs.

The only thing that caused us immediate concern is his birth certificate. USCIS still has it...

We'll try to get a copy sent to us. 

Thank you again and wish everyone the best on their journeys.

(F)Package of Docs Sent via FedEx - 1/6/17

(F)Received by TX Lockbox - 1/9/17

(F)I29F NOA1 - 1/13/17

(F)Text/Email Notification (routed to CSC) & Receipt # - 1/16/17

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/18/2017 at 11:32 AM, vickykgp said:

Congrats!!!

I am really tensed from past 2 days, I read in other forum , Folks from Denver whose PD is Nov they got interview Notice and my PD is Oct 3rd and I haven't received any Interview Notice Yet.

Guys what could be the issue. Not able to sleep properly thinking about this.

Hi vickykgp, 

any progress on your application? Have you received interview notice?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
13 hours ago, mary_mj said:

Hi vickykgp, 

any progress on your application? Have you received interview notice?

Sometimes, USCIS does not follow a specific rule regarding when to schedule you for interview. Its mostly on a case by case issue. Also I think it depends on the officer assigned your case.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

@mary_mj no updates yet, created service request and they said they cannot do anything and we have to wait no reason mention till when.

called USCIS twice and same answer be patient and wait.

Those USCIS Customer rep should be in my position and see how it feels to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone 

I'm a Denver filer too. Filed April 26 have not yet received a bio appointment which is freaking me out.  

Have created a service request for that but it hasn't been assigned yet so I guess it's waiting waiting waiting. 

Congrats to all of you who got their interview or case updates that it's moving forward. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Denver filers, any updates?

I still haven't got interview appointment notice (since February), it's been a year since we filed. I saw October and November filers who already got approved and received their green cards. I called USCIS and they said my case has already been assigned to an officer since august but they can't see an interview schedule, said it's possible that my case didn't need interview. Has anyone had their I-485 approved without interview? How long did it take? Has anyone tried to go to USCIS Denver office? 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Just posting here since it is Denver related.

We just got a green card approved after 2 years, adjusting from a K1. There was a mistake on their part, which caused a denial - we re-opened it on appeal. Had a second interview in July 2017. The officer told us "30-60 days".

After 60 days we went in on an INFOPASS and were told that it was back in Denver and had moved from one person's desk to another. That's all.

Did another infopass 30 days later and we were told nothing had happened. Did another 30 days later and we were told nothing was happening with it. In December one of the CO senator's offices told us that they made an inquiry on Dec 21. On Dec 22 it was approved.

Although it was "approved", we learned in a January infopass that it was still stuck: literally looping and all we had to show for it was an incomplete NOA of approval letter for our I-485. However, this infopass appointment involved removing the errors in our case so that we got approved again, got our MY USCIS update, got our email notifications and, 8 days later, got another approval letter.

So, I am reporting this to confirm that Denver is s-l-o-w-w-w .... it's not your imagination. Use the INFOPASS system. During our last infopass we pointed out that we qualify for a 10 yr green card now and they made a phone call to change it before it printed. Our last approval letter changed CF1 to IF1 - so, we think the card will be for 10 years. (not here yet)

Did I say make us of the INFOPASS system? Oh, yeah, in the last paragraph.

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I applied for AOS in April last year and it took quite some time to even get the biometrics appointment. 

But this Wednesday is my interview I hope everything goes well and I can report positive news then. 

And yes Denver is slow. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 7/22/2018 at 12:44 AM, pajobra said:

I wish there were more people from Denver. I feel so alone. *wakes up this old topic*

Hello!

On 7/23/2018 at 5:26 AM, Spiny said:

I applied for AOS in April last year and it took quite some time to even get the biometrics appointment. 

But this Wednesday is my interview I hope everything goes well and I can report positive news then. 

And yes Denver is slow. 

Denver  sucks. I sent my application December 2016 and my interview was in February 2018.

Edited by s + j

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

11 hours ago, s + j said:

Hello!

Denver  sucks. I sent my application December 2016 and my interview was in February 2018.

Hi and YIKES I kinda suspect mine will be much the same. I am expecting February or March 2019 lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 12:44 AM, pajobra said:

I wish there were more people from Denver. I feel so alone. *wakes up this old topic*

I am also a recent Denver filer (and in COS as well), PD few months after yours. I am SO anxious! My PD is April, so I am expecting the interview notice to come... in late spring or early summer 2019?! That's insane. 

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

8 minutes ago, Koni10 said:

I am also a recent Denver filer (and in COS as well), PD few months after yours. I am SO anxious! My PD is April, so I am expecting the interview notice to come... in late spring or early summer 2019?! That's insane. 

It is insane. Yay for another Springs filer. :D I am anxious too. I hate feeling like I am in limbo. So glad to be working though. :) I will have to put in my renewal EAD request at the end of November but I expect my interview February or March. I would love it to come earlier but be patient I am trying. haha. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.