Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

N-400 Filing district requirement

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Vjers,


I am filling up the N 400 for my wife based on the 3 year rule. I have 2 questions.


1. She was out of US for a vacation and came back on December 1st 2016. Should i assume that she has to finish 3 months from the return date to satisfy the 3 month District filing in requirement or can she apply regardless because this has been her address for the last 3 years ?


2. When answering questions about trips outside US and days outside US for the past 3 years, what should be the dates be taken as? I mean does the 3 year time period begin on the date that is mentioned on the card or the early filing date or the date when she signs and sends her application ?


Please answer. Thank you for your replies.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.