Auds

Visiting on b1/b2

8 posts in this topic

Background:

papers currently in NVC

I run a business in Dubai which is doing well now after a phase where i nearly had to think of leaving and i have extended all visas, contracts, licences for 2 years.

i got a new b1/b2 now after initial rejection in feb 16.  When i applied i had planned to visit for Christmas.  Turns out the next day of my interview hubby turned up in Dubai ( for our wed aniv surprise), in a few days all my in laws incl ageing parents in law turned up :). All pleasant surprises.

we had both planned to surprise each other - just as well our flights didnt overlap.

now my b1 b12 visa is valid for a year.  Booked flights for Valentines and July.

interview wont happen till october based on current backlog here.

i have enough ties to Dubai - big business deals, contracts and kids!!! 

Is it an issue that i was initially supposed to go for Christmas but didnt?

Sounds like it's worth a try, but your pending immigrant visa petition is more of a tie to the US than your business and kids are a tie to Dubai (especially since you are planning to break these ties!). At least if you're offloaded you won't have to make the long journey, and it won't negatively affect your spousal visa petition.

Naa those are not issues Brit.  New Visa was granted after them well knowing immigration intent.  It was clearly discussed incl why i need a year to move - kids school year etc.  and that i cant live without seeing my husband at least every few weeks and although he flew about 6 to 7 times last year it wasnt enough.

I also visited 6 times or so in 2015 and came back each time after short trips.

they granted a one year visa i guess to fill the gap of this one more year to green card.

only thing is i didnt go for Christmas because husband and his family the whole jingbang came over.  I guess its an on the day thing... Depending on how the officer feels.  They can take one look at my diary and emails and see i need to be in Dubai!

1 hour ago, Auds said:

Naa those are not issues Brit.  New Visa was granted after them well knowing immigration intent.  It was clearly discussed incl why i need a year to move - kids school year etc.  and that i cant live without seeing my husband at least every few weeks and although he flew about 6 to 7 times last year it wasnt enough.

I also visited 6 times or so in 2015 and came back each time after short trips.

they granted a one year visa i guess to fill the gap of this one more year to green card.

only thing is i didnt go for Christmas because husband and his family the whole jingbang came over.  I guess its an on the day thing... Depending on how the officer feels.  They can take one look at my diary and emails and see i need to be in Dubai!

Ah okay, well if this visa was issued after your immigrant petition then you should have no problem. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.