Jump to content
SUicidaL-3876

It's 2017.I been waiting on i-360 (VAWA) decision for almost 2 years

32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 

-Filed i-360 in December 2014. Petition is marriage based

-Received an RFE in June 2015 which i Responded to .

-I checked the website they stated  that they received my documents and will be processed soon.

-It is now 2017,  and i haven't received any decision from them.

 

 

THINGS TO NOTE:

-i am using an attorney

-We only filed the i-360 petition nothing else. The reasoning behind was that once we get a decision on the i-360 we can proceed to file everything else like the 1-485 and i-130

- I haven't worked in those 2 years since i don't have a work permit and my drivers' licence has long expired.

I just wanted to know if this is normal or if someone has experienced such a lengthy wait time?

Edited by SUicidaL-3876
Formatting error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get an answer? That's too long and your lawyer may have missed something. Unless the person you were with is a green card holder and not US citizen then 360 need to file by it self. If not your lawyer  should of file 360 485 and 765 concurrently. I you filed with a lawyer and should if never got a rfe

 

 

I'm in the same boat I have a lawyer and we filed 360 485 765 and 131 at the same time last week of feb. my PD is 3/6/17 i didnt get my EAD yet 115 days today they have delays I should be hearing about work permit any day now. I'll get my interview 6-9mos from that date. No rfe/rfie

Edited by Rp1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rp1 said:

Did you get an answer? That's too long and your lawyer may have missed something. Unless the person you were with is a green card holder and not US citizen then 360 need to file by it self. If not your lawyer  should of file 360 485 and 765 concurrently. I you filed with a lawyer and should if never got a rfe

 

 

I'm in the same boat I have a lawyer and we filed 360 485 765 and 131 at the same time last week of feb. my PD is 3/6/17 i didnt get my EAD yet 115 days today they have delays I should be hearing about work permit any day now. I'll get my interview 6-9mos from that date. No rfe/rfie

I have an attorney. We only filed the i-360 because he did not want to risk filing all documents just incase it gets denied. If you file all them together and say i-360 gets denied, you will be automatically placed in removal proceedings.

So far my congressman has been more helpful than my attorney. I just heard from him that they told him i should be getting a letter soon requesting further documentation. It is odd considering how long it has been already. I am curious to know what it is that they need. 

 

@waiting4freedom <<<<< "Regarding your question, see above response."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh k I'm glad to hear. filing all together would of been better and yes some lawyers are not helpful. when I received my biometrics letter I got my A# one time and if your lawyer had file like that you would of already have your work permit and working while waiting to be adjudicating on 360 and 485. I pray before the summer that you will have that approval and can file your AOS/work permit and be done this year. It can be updated documents since this was filed in 2015 don't worry about it too much and keep checking your status online or sign up for email every time there's an update you will get it right away.

 

I just called about my permit and they told me I should of already get it this month and the reason it took long because my fbi check needed further analysis and that came back 6/8/17 so they should of update me. I pray that I will see my update Tom or next week next Thursdays will be 4mos.

 

I,ll keep you posted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rp1 said:

oh k I'm glad to hear. filing all together would of been better and yes some lawyers are not helpful. when I received my biometrics letter I got my A# one time and if your lawyer had file like that you would of already have your work permit and working while waiting to be adjudicating on 360 and 485. I pray before the summer that you will have that approval and can file your AOS/work permit and be done this year. It can be updated documents since this was filed in 2015 don't worry about it too much and keep checking your status online or sign up for email every time there's an update you will get it right away.

 

I just called about my permit and they told me I should of already get it this month and the reason it took long because my fbi check needed further analysis and that came back 6/8/17 so they should of update me. I pray that I will see my update Tom or next week next Thursdays will be 4mos.

 

I,ll keep you posted 

Thank you. i hope i get it done this year so i can relax. 

I hope you get your work permit too. Seems like you are almost there, so that's good.

 

I will be happy if it is just finger prints or updated documents like you said. It will be cruel if the documentation they want is regarding the abuse lol. I wouldn't want to relive it 2 yrs later.

 

Yes , keep me posted and i wish you the best of luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 3:09 AM, SUicidaL-3876 said:

Thank you. i hope i get it done this year so i can relax. 

I hope you get your work permit too. Seems like you are almost there, so that's good.

 

I will be happy if it is just finger prints or updated documents like you said. It will be cruel if the documentation they want is regarding the abuse lol. I wouldn't want to relive it 2 yrs later.

 

Yes , keep me posted and i wish you the best of luck.

 

Contact your congressman/woman and ask him/her to inquire about your case, they will ask you to sign a release form with your info so they can contact USCIS and ask them for the status of your case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I filed I 360 mental, verbal abuse on Sep 2016 and just got RFE last week after a year.

 

(1) They need more evidences my residence during my marriage time, They don’t believe that i lived in his house. We married in Nov 2015 and I run away in Jun 2016 right before interview AOS. He presented and withdraw his petition at the interview. I got help from The legal team at the shelter. 

 

(2) Cruelty extremely abused evidence, I don’t have evidence to prove now. I didn’t records anything because I didn’t know that I will in this step.

 

(3) Good faith marriage evidence, I think that have not problem because I still keep chatting copies since we were in relationship. 

 

My lawyer gave me the immigration letter and said, “ I think she will denied your case so tell your daughter shouldn’t enroll spring semester because we don’t know what will happen, they may ask deport  “. I feel so hopeless. I just let things happened  If I know This final is same as what he wanted. I believed VAWA and immigration will understood and help my family, that why I tried all my best, suffering 2 years for nothing. That time, as new comer, Not many people around me or even neighbors who can affidavit for me. My husband doesn’t get close to much people even his family. Yes, maybe he right when he predicted that I will failure and still deport home. Should I ask him file divorce now ? I lose everything, I will get Hard Times in anyway even I must start over again if I m going back. My big worry is my son. He is 13, in 7th grade. everything was settle and we must move again now. My son was shocking and cried when I explained our situation. He doesn’t want backward his education and leave his school. If my son is going back, he must restart 6th grade again , 3 years behind his friend. He  was in 6th grade When we moved to US in 2015. I m ruining his times. I couldn’t sleep since I got the letter from the immigration.

 

Pls advise me if anyone has experience  same as my case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 5:11 AM, Phuong N said:

Hi, I filed I 360 mental, verbal abuse on Sep 2016 and just got RFE last week after a year.

 

(1) They need more evidences my residence during my marriage time, They don’t believe that i lived in his house. We married in Nov 2015 and I run away in Jun 2016 right before interview AOS. He presented and withdraw his petition at the interview. I got help from The legal team at the shelter. 

 

(2) Cruelty extremely abused evidence, I don’t have evidence to prove now. I didn’t records anything because I didn’t know that I will in this step.

 

(3) Good faith marriage evidence, I think that have not problem because I still keep chatting copies since we were in relationship. 

 

My lawyer gave me the immigration letter and said, “ I think she will denied your case so tell your daughter shouldn’t enroll spring semester because we don’t know what will happen, they may ask deport  “. I feel so hopeless. I just let things happened  If I know This final is same as what he wanted. I believed VAWA and immigration will understood and help my family, that why I tried all my best, suffering 2 years for nothing. That time, as new comer, Not many people around me or even neighbors who can affidavit for me. My husband doesn’t get close to much people even his family. Yes, maybe he right when he predicted that I will failure and still deport home. Should I ask him file divorce now ? I lose everything, I will get Hard Times in anyway even I must start over again if I m going back. My big worry is my son. He is 13, in 7th grade. everything was settle and we must move again now. My son was shocking and cried when I explained our situation. He doesn’t want backward his education and leave his school. If my son is going back, he must restart 6th grade again , 3 years behind his friend. He  was in 6th grade When we moved to US in 2015. I m ruining his times. I couldn’t sleep since I got the letter from the immigration.

 

Pls advise me if anyone has experience  same as my case. 

Don't panic. Even if they deny your case it is not the end. You can appeal as many times as you want. You can  even remarry and file for adjustment of status while awaiting your appeal. Also there are people whose cases get approved on appeal. They cannot deport you as long as you have a pending case or appeal. The only problem is that you won't be able to work. I think this is what they are doing, they are delaying cases so people can give up and self deport.

 

(1) They need more evidences my residence during my marriage time, They don’t believe that i lived in his house. We married in Nov 2015 and I run away in Jun 2016 right before interview AOS. He presented and withdraw his petition at the interview. I got help from The legal team at the shelter. 

 

--You can get friends who visited your house to write affidavit stating you lived with your husband. Or you can write an affidavit telling them what you said here that  you were a newcomer and didn't have friends.  But I highly recommend finding a friend to write one for you though. 

- -Send some more bills with both your names if you can find them. if you sent 2 bills last time and you manage to  find one laying around somewhere, send it. Anything is better than nothing.

-- Bank statements with joint names and address.

--Your drivers licenses showing joint addresses.

--Mortgage / rental agreement with both your names .

--Photos of both of you in the house.

--If your tax return has both your names written on it and a joint address. Use this as evidence for joint residence.

 

(2) Cruelty extremely abused evidence, I don’t have evidence to prove now. I didn’t records anything because I didn’t know that I will in this step.

 

You can send:

--Statement from the shelter you went to stating that you spent the night there on such and such date because your husband beat you up or whatever

-- You can send a report from your counsellor or psychologist who evaluated you after or during the abuse. Some attorney offices have counsellors they work with for victims of abuse. Ask him if he knows any. 

--Police report if you have any.

-- write an Affidavit explaining the things he did to you.

--Affidavit from someone who witness those things being done to you. Friend, family.

--Affidavit from someone you confided in (talked to) about the abuse. Maybe you went to the temple or church and talk to someone about how he was mistreating you.

WHat exactly did you send?

 

(3) Good faith marriage evidence, I think that have not problem because I still keep chatting copies since we were in relationship. 

 

In addition to the chat copies You can also send:

--Joint Tax transcripts from the IRS ( strongest evidence). You can order transcripts them from the IRS

--Joint bank statements with activity on it.

-- Affidavits from yourself. Explain in detail why you married him, what attracted you to him. Talk about the good times you had together, first date, memorable date. Why did you say "yes".

--Affidavits from friends and family who knew that your love for him was genuine. 

 

I hope this gives you an idea of what to send. Again take your time, don't panic everyone gets RFE's  it is normal. Make sure you respond to it like your life depends on it. 

 

             

 

Edited by SUicidaL-3876

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there how are you? Did you get your i360 approved yet? Please tell me you heard something and what was the RFE about?

 

My concurrently filing 360 485 765 131 has been pending 8 mos now only because there's an error on uscis side with my case, in mid July I found out they mix me and my twin files up. I made an info pass went in spoke to a supervisor who said they fixed it towards the end of August it still wasn't fix. I contacted my Congress office 8/23, 8/24 they emailed Vermont. 8/25 I got update they mail me a RFE after 6 mos for additional info on 360 we pause your case until we hear from you. I got notice  2 wks later it was some basic info they needed and i did have a new A# so they correct their error. I contacted my Congress office that I got an update.10/11 Congress emailed me that they contacted Vermont again since more than 30 days passed and they didn't update them on my case since 8/29 (I thought it was done since I got a new A#😑) 10/17 they received my info and will start work on my case again and will mail me desicion soon. 10/27 Congress email me that Vermont now called her to say they see their administrative error and how our files got mixed up and that it will take 2 wks to correct our files, the officer did clarify we had different A# now. She said she will emailed them in 2wks to make sure it's done. Mind you my sis been USC since 2014 how they made that error I don't know it's just ppl there not doing their jobs. Yesterday I called customer service to ask since they recieved my RFE when should I r ecieve an update on my case I told her all that transpired with my case she was shock and said it's crazy and why I haven't got my decision yet on 765 it's been way too long so she put in another request to tell tell them they need to make a desicion as she called out the A# is still my sis I told her I got a new one on my last notice she asked me for it and that an officer called and clarified we now had differ #s. She put in the request my new a# and let them know it was change and they need to fix it in the system. This all what I've been through but I have Congress actively on it and my case is moving along not the way I want it too but it's moving. I'm going to hear an update this month. An officer told me I should of already have permit since June early July my FBI check came back on 6/8.

Edited by Rp1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×