Jump to content

Maiden name on GC but Married name on Passport

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife received her 2 YR conditional GC last May 2016 and it's under her maiden name. We failed to seize the moment to have her GC issued under her married name because of the attorney's advisement. We plan to make a trip this summer to her home country. The problem is that her passport had expired and we had to renew it. We renewed it under her married name. So her passport does not match the name on her GC. Could we make this international trip and still return without an issue provided that we bring our certified marriage certificate to prove the change in name. OR should we just suck up the $495 and file the I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card? She's going to be submitting her ROC next Feb so I was hoping we could wait it out. AND I really don't want to hire an attorney for this change of name. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.