Jump to content
Vytra

CEAC Status Post-K1 Interview - still "Ready"

27 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My fiancee had her interview on Thursday and was told that she passed. It's been over three days since then, however, when I input the MNL# on the CEAC page it still says "Ready" and the text below says they are ready for the interview. I'm worried about this. 

 

There is also a second case status (the K2 for her daughter) but we don't plan to do that interview yet. Does this affect my fiancee's receival of her K1 visa?

 

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vytra said:

My fiancee had her interview on Thursday and was told that she passed. It's been over three days since then, however, when I input the MNL# on the CEAC page it still says "Ready" and the text below says they are ready for the interview. I'm worried about this. 

 

There is also a second case status (the K2 for her daughter) but we don't plan to do that interview yet. Does this affect my fiancee's receival of her K1 visa?

 

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

 

Three days?  No way.  Embassy is closed on weekends.   It has been ONE day,  And don't forget MONDAY is a holiday, so day 2 won't be until end of day Tuesday.  Relax.. ;)     And on the serious side, don't worry about the current status, all is fine.

 

Delayed K2 will not affect issuance.  Are you doing a FOLLOW TO JOIN later with the K2?  Main requirement there is that visa must be ISSUED by the ISSUED (or earlier) of the K1


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sagot said:

Delayed K2 will not affect issuance.  Are you doing a FOLLOW TO JOIN later with the K2?  Main requirement there is that visa must be ISSUED by the ISSUED (or earlier) of the K1

Can you elaborate this please? I'm not sure what my fiancee said (if anything) about this during the interview.  

 

Basically, we haven't scheduled an interview for the K2 yet is all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vytra said:

Can you elaborate this please? I'm not sure what my fiancee said (if anything) about this during the interview.  

 

Basically, we haven't scheduled an interview for the K2 yet is all...

Sure.   First let me ask - How long are you delaying the K2 interview?  Is your fiancee flying to the USA then the K2 will follow later?

 

I see I left out a bunch of words on the FOLLOW TO JOIN. :lol:

 

FOLLOW TO JOIN K2 visa must be issued within 1 year of the ISSUED date of the K1.   whew! ;)

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shauneg said:

Mine stayed at ready for 30 days. 

 

Hey don't be scaring the newbie... . :lol:     Yours was an exception not the norm.

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shauneg said:

It was...I'll admit.

But you got there and all is good now!  :thumbs:


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sagot said:

Sure.   First let me ask - How long are you delaying the K2 interview?  Is your fiancee flying to the USA then the K2 will follow later?

 

That's the plan. What I meant is that I'm not sure if the embassy is aware of that. Does that have any effect on the issuance of the K1? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vytra said:

That's the plan. What I meant is that I'm not sure if the embassy is aware of that. Does that have any effect on the issuance of the K1? 

They will ask at the interview I am sure, you fiancee can inform then at that time.  This will not delay visa issuance.

 

FOLLOW TO JOIN is not a big deal.

 

This from the embassy instructions letter:

 

Minor children identified on the approved I-129F petition may follow to join their petitioned parent. However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued a K1 visa. After one (1) year, they no longer derive immigration benefits from the I-129F petition and you or your spouse must file an immediate relative or second preference petition for them to qualify again.

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sagot said:

They will ask at the interview I am sure, you fiancee can inform then at that time.  This will not delay visa issuance.

 

FOLLOW TO JOIN is not a big deal.

 

This from the embassy instructions letter:

 

Minor children identified on the approved I-129F petition may follow to join their petitioned parent. However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued a K1 visa. After one (1) year, they no longer derive immigration benefits from the I-129F petition and you or your spouse must file an immediate relative or second preference petition for them to qualify again.

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Okay, thanks, Sagot.

 

I'm not sure if they asked last Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vytra said:

Okay, thanks, Sagot.

 

I'm not sure if they asked last Thursday. 

:oops: sorry,  you already did the interview part.... good thing my head is attached. :lol:

 

Relax, everything is normal.  On average processing takes about a week.. working days, to reach issued status, some go quicker some go slower.. which is why I don't give time frames usually.   Delivery is 5-10 days (working) after ISSUED most times.

 

Got the house clean?  Never mind, it won't be clean enough no matter ... ;)     


Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

 

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your two steps away.  Just a day or two more.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×