MBilal

Administrative Processing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I had my interview on December 5th 2016 in Islamabad, the consular did not ask many questions. She didn't even ask for any affidavit of support or any other documents beside the original marriage certificate and birth certificate. I also lived in UK for 6 years I provided them with the original police certificate. My spouse (petitioner) accompanied me to the interview. The consular told us everything looked good and there's nothing to worry about but she gave me a white sheet of paper with 221 (g) with no further documents needed. Now my case shows under administrative processing. Since then the "status update" has changed three times. The first time it changed on December 15th, second time on January 5th and now the third time on January 13th. If anyone has gone through this experience please share any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by MBilal

My fiancé went through the same thing, the CO told him everything was fine and gave him a 221g which requested a contact info .  Case updates is a good thing but there is no timeline for AP . It usually changes from AP to ready to AP then to issued .We are still stuck with AP since October 17. But keep your fingers crossed for your visa issuance. Good luck 

Edited by No-fa

Hi Bilal, 

I went through the same situation.  my interview was on 11 th Jan 2017.  He told me he doesnt mind giving me visa but he needs police clearance certificates from 3 countries i have lived in moreover he wants my cv if I have.  I had already given original police certificates from 3 countries on a window before him.  he checked my file n found.  then he crossed that requirement on 221g n wrote just cv.  plus he checked 1st 2 options on 221 g white ticket. I sent my cv n noticed status update on ceac. I am on administrative processing too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.