Adenicole

My interview is coming up

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi Adenicole,

It is hard to say, because people do get both approvals or denials, or can got into administrative processing (221g for missing evidence or background check issues), at the interview.  There are no guarantees.

Just make sure you double-check all the requested information and that you have everything as it should be, plus ensure you show additional proof of your ongoing relationship (with any new physical evidence such as boarding passes, plane ticket info, photos, etc., or additional communications/IMs, phone records, signed reaffirmation of being free and able to marry in 90 days letters, etc.).

If you have all that and your vaccinations and medical done, you are meeting the requirements you need to show.  But now you need to show sincerity about your relationship and the questions they ask, at the interview.  Channel any nervousness into energy that keeps you positive in your interview.  Some people get very tough interviewers, while others are nice.  Some people get 4 questions, some get 30 minutes of questioning.  I'd recommend checking out the Nigerian embassy forum to see if you can find others who have interviewed there and what kinds of questions they were asked and their reviews of the embassy.  

My fiance and I found lists of questions online, compiled them, and went over them. It was more a practice to cover any questions that could possibly come up, so he would feel more confident in the interview.  But of course we know each other so well, so it came easy for him.  The reason you want to go to the USA, if asked, is always to marry your fiance(e).. sometimes they ask questions to trip you up - maybe you also want to get good work and provide for your family, or whatnot, but I've heard of people being denied for answering that simple question incorrectly.

I don't want you to fear the interview.  Remember that you've been preliminary approved, gotten through the NVC background screening, and if you've shown good evidence in the first petition and in the documents you bring to the embassy to support your relationship, then there will be less you have to 'prove'.   

I posted the questions we got on our timeline.  You can also see others who interviewed at the Nigerian embassy on this page: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Nigeria&cty=Lagos (on the right hand side) and see if they left reviews.

I found this posting of an interview in Nigeria. It was for a spousal visa, not a K1, so some different questions; but it gives a very thorough review:

Good luck to you!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

genuine couples who check their bases , no red flags , know the process , have no issues , its ppl who make mistakes , arent prepapred , unorganized , have red flags who get denied or delays

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, soulstriker said:

genuine couples who check their bases , no red flags , know the process , have no issues , its ppl who make mistakes , arent prepapred , unorganized , have red flags who get denied or delays

Have you been approved?

Timeline

@soulsticker what's your experience at lagos embassy and how did the CO deals with K1 visa applicant. I just want to know cos have not applied for U S Visa before and have heard a lot of negative things about how they handle Nigerians.  I just need someone to give an expo on what I will be facing soon, so that I can prepare myself. Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really you should know within yourself if it's a genuine relationship and if you have prepared properly, if you have everything ready then your chances are good, and no I don't have experience with your countries process but it just comes down to how thorough you are with the preparations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, Adenicole said:

@soulsticker what's your experience at lagos embassy and how did the CO deals with K1 visa applicant. I just want to know cos have not applied for U S Visa before and have heard a lot of negative things about how they handle Nigerians.  I just need someone to give an expo on what I will be facing soon, so that I can prepare myself. Thanks 

Read the reviews and be prepared and confident. Tats all anyone can tell you. Even a couple with many visit, no red flags no issues get denied. Hopefully you had a good quality petition package you submitted to USCIS so the CO has something to review before you even come to interview. Because really the decision is already made before you even arrive. So say to yourself "what did we submit to give a co the best possible picture of our genuine relationship."

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM, dwheels76 said:

Read the reviews and be prepared and confident. Tats all anyone can tell you. Even a couple with many visit, no red flags no issues get denied. Hopefully you had a good quality petition package you submitted to USCIS so the CO has something to review before you even come to interview. Because really the decision is already made before you even arrive. So say to yourself "what did we submit to give a co the best possible picture of our genuine relationship."

Wow. Thanks Bro. We did well with USCIS and we have even more evodense to prove that our relationship is legit for the coming interview. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks ks to everyone here for your advice and support.  Got my interview on Thursday and I won't call that an interview cos the CO didn't ask me anything than, What's my name and my fiancee name, what do we both do, when did we see, the next thing was a white paper to pick up my visa. Thanks everyone.  I have a question, please it will take how many working days to get my passport back? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Adenicole if your status says issued on the caec website you can go pick up your visa. My fiancé had his interview on feb 1st and his visa was ready for pick up on feb 3rd. It only took 2 days for his.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.