Jump to content
eric roy

Young couple in need of help

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi I just got married and I am trying to file for my wife. 

we both have are students, I currently have no tax income even thou I  just started work

do I have to fill the same affidavit of support as our sponsor or a different one ?

and also all we have to prove we are legally married are our pictures , marriage certificate , joint phone bill and joint bank account 

do you think that would be sustancial evidence as this is all we have .. thank you 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will need a separate I-864 for you and your co-sponsor. Both will need proof of citizenship, income tax return (I submitted the last three years of the co-sponsor income tax return), pay stubs (I submitted last 6 months pay stub of my co-sponsor), proof of employment and a letter explaining a co-sponsor is needed. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.