MaryandMarquis

K1 Visa Waiting Days in Ghana

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 1/16/2017 at 6:38 PM, MaryandMarquis said:
13 minutes ago, shonna&asante said:

I have a question @MaryandMarquis and who ever did the K1 and submitted evidence to the Co . What did you use to put all your evidence in to present it?

A plain file... 

On 1/14/2017 at 11:49 PM, Mmagic said:

Timeline
On 1/14/2017 at 11:49 PM, Mmagic said:

Good, have yourself a nice drink and talk to your fiance and celebrate...The wait is going to be over soon...best of luck. Update us, please!

Hi Mmagic.... Hope you're good???

Our case was updated yesterday... Could it mean something :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, MaryandMarquis said:

Hi Mmagic.... Hope you're good???

Our case was updated yesterday... Could it mean something :D

Yes, it's always a good sign when they touched the file...you should be seeing light soon at the end of the tunnel...Issued, maybe? hahahahah...you are in good hands my dear!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mmagic said:

Yes, it's always a good sign when they touched the file...you should be seeing light soon at the end of the tunnel...Issued, maybe? hahahahah...you are in good hands my dear!!

Just now, I checked and the magic word showed up "issued " :jest:

What do I do :D

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MaryandMarquis said:

Just now, I checked and the magic word showed up "issued " :jest:

What do I do :D

Really, go out on the streets and celebrate...hahaha....you will get your passport with the visa stamped on it. am sure DHL will email or call you to pick up in few days....Start planning your trip to the GOOD ol USA .,,,,CONGRATS  life is magical!!

Edited by Mmagic

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

Really, go out on the streets and celebrate...hahaha....you will get your passport with the visa stamped on it. am sure DHL will email or call you to pick up in few days....Start planning your trip to the GOOD ol USA .,,,,CONGRATS  life is magical!!

Thank you so much... I really appreciate your help... I'm grateful... :D

Timeline
Just now, MaryandMarquis said:

Thank you so much... I really appreciate your help... I'm grateful... :D

No need to thank me, I am very happy for you...You are about to come to the greatest country on earth, no kidding, and don't let anyone else tell you anything different...We are proud to welcome good people like yourself in the USA!!  Best of luck in your journey!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

No need to thank me, I am very happy for you...You are about to come to the greatest country on earth, no kidding, and don't let anyone else tell you anything different...We are proud to welcome good people like yourself in the USA!!  Best of luck in your journey!!

:jest::jest: I'm happy to hear this from you☺️  

Thank you once again 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 19/01/2017 at 5:47 PM, Mmagic said:

Hi i am basically new to this forum,but i notices you said dhl will email or call,does that mean once my visa status shows issued i dont have to go to the dhl office?well i asked because my my visa status does show issued and i was wondering if i have to go to the office with my blue sheet,

Note:visa was issued a week ago and no emails or calls from dhl yet.

Timeline

????Congrats! My fiance (Ghanaian) and I received our NOA from the nvc on Dec. 20Th. My fiance completed the DS-160 form soon after. We haven't heard anything else. Did we file the form too soon. Will they send us an interview date or do we? What should we be doing next? Please help SO CONFUSED ?!!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, gdziewicky said:

Hi i am basically new to this forum,but i notices you said dhl will email or call,does that mean once my visa status shows issued i dont have to go to the dhl office?well i asked because my my visa status does show issued and i was wondering if i have to go to the office with my blue sheet,

Note:visa was issued a week ago and no emails or calls from dhl yet.

You should go to DHL with an ID card and the blue sheet..... I got mine from DHL

Timeline
1 hour ago, MaryandMarquis said:

You should go to DHL with an ID card and the blue sheet..... I got mine from DHL

Hi again,tanks for the info,1 more thing ,u mentioned taking an Id,well the only national id i have is my passport which is currently in their possession ,can i use a photocopy of my passport?

Timeline
On 1/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, MrsBoateng29 said:

One more question, please, how long after the interview did they take to say your visa was approved? 

Like did they interview you & say it immediately or did they make you go out to the lobby & wait... Our interview is tomorrow morning & my nerves are kicking in! 

please did you receive any document from the NVC abroad? when my fiance and i checked on our status,it says , "The National Visa Center has forwarded my files to the US Embassy/Consulate where I'm applying for immigration visa.Any other required fees must now be paid directly at the Embassy/Consulate at the time of my interview....But the visa is non immigration visa too

visa.PNG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TeamAggrey said:

please did you receive any document from the NVC abroad? when my fiance and i checked on our status,it says , "The National Visa Center has forwarded my files to the US Embassy/Consulate where I'm applying for immigration visa.Any other required fees must now be paid directly at the Embassy/Consulate at the time of my interview....But the visa is non immigration visa too

visa.PNG

That information applies to immigrant visas. Not the K1 visa. You should be receiving a letter from the embassy instructing you on how to schedule your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.