Gee S

GREEN TICKET AFTER INTERVIEW AT DAKAR CONSULATE

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

HI

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF THE GREEN SLIP ISSUED AT THE DAKAR CONSULATE. I WAS ON AP FOR THE MEDICAL(WAS NOT READY AT TIME OF INTERVIEW) AND WAS ASKED TO BRING IT ON THE NEXT WEDNESDAY. I WAS HANDED THE GREEN SLIP AFTER I SUBMITTED THE MEDICAL WITH THE DATE WHICH FALLS ON A THURSDAY - 2PM 

d same happen to my mother she when for interview everything when well but  the officer give her form 221g to submit a marriage certificate any tuseday at 9 am she when there the next tuseday to submit it and some other officer took her passport and give a ticket but they didn't tell her anything just told her to come back in 2 weeks am worried i check the status but still saying administration process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I found this definition of the 221g here:  https://dakar.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html:   

"At the end of the interview, you will be told whether you have established your eligibility for the IV [immigrant visa].  If you have not brought a required document such as a police clearance or your medical examination, you will be given a 221g letter with instructions on how to schedule a second interview once you have all of your required documents.  If you have not established your eligibility for an IV, your case will be referred to the consular section's eligibility review unit for further evaluation."

I'm not certain why they din't give you the slip at the interview, but your medical file is now under review, so I believe that's why it went into AP.  Hopefully you will hear back from them soon!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Timeline
11 hours ago, ma camara said:

d same happen to my mother she when for interview everything when well but  the officer give her form 221g to submit a marriage certificate any tuseday at 9 am she when there the next tuseday to submit it and some other officer took her passport and give a ticket but they didn't tell her anything just told her to come back in 2 weeks am worried i check the status but still saying administration process

Ma Camara,

Thanks for the reply. It's the same with me. Where you given the exact date to go back? When the 2 weeks will be due I mean. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, khtak716 said:

I found this definition of the 221g here:  https://dakar.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html:   

"At the end of the interview, you will be told whether you have established your eligibility for the IV [immigrant visa].  If you have not brought a required document such as a police clearance or your medical examination, you will be given a 221g letter with instructions on how to schedule a second interview once you have all of your required documents.  If you have not established your eligibility for an IV, your case will be referred to the consular section's eligibility review unit for further evaluation."

I'm not certain why they din't give you the slip at the interview, but your medical file is now under review, so I believe that's why it went into AP.  Hopefully you will hear back from them soon!

Thanks for the reply. It went to AP right after the interview. Then I explained that the medical wasn't ready by then and they asked me to bring my results the following Wednesday which I did. I was given the green slip immediately after I handed over my results starting that I should go back in 2 weeks. My passport was also retained. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Gee S said:

Thanks for the reply. It went to AP right after the interview. Then I explained that the medical wasn't ready by then and they asked me to bring my results the following Wednesday which I did. I was given the green slip immediately after I handed over my results starting that I should go back in 2 weeks. My passport was also retained. 

Hi Gee S,

I hope that you will have it soon. It's a good thing that they have your passport and told you 2 weeks, which means they plan to get you the visa, if all checks out.  So they are just taking their time to finalize your file.  

To note, for some embassies, either today or tomorrow is a federal holiday (Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday); for Algeria, they take it today.  So that slows down things a bit.  

I know it's frustrating, but hang in there!  My fiance had an approved interview on Nov 28th and it took 45 days to get the visa issued, and we are still waiting for his passport to be sent to the courier for pick up.  I had to contact my congressman's office to get a reply on the status (I've posted elsewhere about that).  But hopefully yours will be processed, shortly.

Keep us posted!  Best wishes!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, khtak716 said:

Hi Gee S,

I hope that you will have it soon. It's a good thing that they have your passport and told you 2 weeks, which means they plan to get you the visa, if all checks out.  So they are just taking their time to finalize your file.  

To note, for some embassies, either today or tomorrow is a federal holiday (Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday); for Algeria, they take it today.  So that slows down things a bit.  

I know it's frustrating, but hang in there!  My fiance had an approved interview on Nov 28th and it took 45 days to get the visa issued, and we are still waiting for his passport to be sent to the courier for pick up.  I had to contact my congressman's office to get a reply on the status (I've posted elsewhere about that).  But hopefully yours will be processed, shortly.

Keep us posted!  Best wishes!

Khtak716

Thanks for the input.. 

Ameen to the prayers.. Yes I assume they're doing some background checks.

It's definately frustrating but all we can do now is be patient. All the best to you too ?. Will keep you posted.

Timeline
6 hours ago, ma camara said:

they ask her to come January 24 at 2pm

Oh k. That's on the Tuesday.. I'll be going on the 26th.. My assumption is that they're doing background checks. Let's just be patient and hope for the best.. 

Let's keep each other posted. 

Good luck ?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.