durden2128

Where to best send I-I29 App

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I wanted to know the quickest location to send my I-I29 Fiance visa petition, the lockbox or the address in Lewisville? I am definetly sending it certified mail. Please if anyone can let me know which of these would be fastest for my app to be received and processed I would greatly appreciate it.

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Thanks,

Markojsmith@hotmail.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the end as soulstriker says it doesn't really matter as they will route it where it needs to be.

The instructions are pretty clear and if you plan to send certified mail that would be USPS therefore you should use the Dallas Texas address.

Once they get your file they will strip out your check and forward your case to CSC (Cali service center)

Don't forget to enclose the new payment and use NEW form that is on the uscis.gov site

Also enclose the form to allow them to send you text/email updates.

Good luck

Fill out your VJ timeline once you get your NOA 1 notice of action I-797C

There is a January thread here you can follow as well.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline

Thanks Jim ! I almost sent the expired form that expires in 2016 so I really appreciate the advice and preventing a RFE or having to re send an all new application.

Timeline

One last question  I almost forgot. Question 11 asks for Alien Registration number on the I--129. I have no idea what that is and neither does my fiance. Is it the passport number? Because that also has 9 digits.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes RFE's are no fun.

There is no alien number that come later.

The first number you will get will be from USCIS after you submit your I-129F it starts WAC.

the next number you will get is from NVC and that will number will start with the first 3 letters of the city (usually) where the visa will be issued.

Other number is an AA number which is generated when the I-160 visa application with CEAC  is filled out but that is later down the road.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

11 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

Yes RFE's are no fun.

There is no alien number that come later.

The first number you will get will be from USCIS after you submit your I-129F it starts WAC.

the next number you will get is from NVC and that will number will start with the first 3 letters of the city (usually) where the visa will be issued.

Other number is an AA number which is generated when the I-160 visa application with CEAC  is filled out but that is later down the road.

Jim

The alien number is usually assigned to the alien immigrant when they get the noa2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.