tcotez

k1 visa enquiries concerning interview.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Am really confused and need your help.

I found this upon tracking my case for the past two weeks and yet I have not heard any from the embassy. Am so worried my due date might get expired without me hearing from them.

Please help me with what to do am really new to this.i will appreciate any contributions.
                                                           Immigrant Visa Case Number:     ACC20
Case Creation Date:     13-Dec-2016
Status Updated Date:     19-Dec-2016
 .                 Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does the embassy in Ghana actually send you anything, or schedule the interview for you?

Each country works different, for instance, the Philippines, you schedule everything yourself.

If they schedule it for you in Ghana, are you saying you're worried your NOA2 will expire before hand?

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Does the embassy in Ghana actually send you anything, or schedule the interview for you?

Each country works different, for instance, the Philippines, you schedule everything yourself.

If they schedule it for you in Ghana, are you saying you're worried your NOA2 will expire before hand?

I have not heard any thing from the Ghana embassy and I have not scheduled for the interview date. Since I have not receive any information from them.

Timeline

Well that is what I mean, as far as I have read I believe Ghana does send the beneficiary an invitation letter and such.

But again some countries, the embassy sends nothing at all.. So if Ghana does in fact send items to the beneficiary, I would either give the embassy a call and check, or hopefully a recent K-1 member here on VJ can share their experiences with the timeline from NOA2/NVC to when the embassy actually mailed them the information needed.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

Well that is what I mean, as far as I have read I believe Ghana does send the beneficiary an invitation letter and such.

But again some countries, the embassy sends nothing at all.. So if Ghana does in fact send items to the beneficiary, I would either give the embassy a call and check, or hopefully a recent K-1 member here on VJ can share their experiences with the timeline from NOA2/NVC to when the embassy actually mailed them the information needed.

Thank you so much. I will find out if I can schedule for interview date even though I have not heard from the embassy.

Timeline

If they do not, or can't give you any specific information over the phone... again if you're worried about the NOA2 expiration date approaching before interview, the embassy is aware of this date and they should auto-renew it and give an extension, especially since you're waiting on them.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

If they do not, or can't give you any specific information over the phone... again if you're worried about the NOA2 expiration date approaching before interview, the embassy is aware of this date and they should auto-renew it and give an extension, especially since you're waiting on them.

Oohk thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

They have recently changed the process. They used to schedule K1 interviews for you. Now they will send you a letter in the mail with instructions on how to pay and schedule the interview. It may take some time, because of the number of interviews they need to schedule and how long it can take for the letter to arrive.  I know it is hard, but patience is key in this process. 

Also, it would be very helpful if you filled out your timeline so people know where you are in the process. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, O&GForever said:

They have recently changed the process. They used to schedule K1 interviews for you. Now they will send you a letter in the mail with instructions on how to pay and schedule the interview. It may take some time, because of the number of interviews they need to schedule and how long it can take for the letter to arrive.  I know it is hard, but patience is key in this process. 

Also, it would be very helpful if you filled out your timeline so people know where you are in the process. 

thank you for your information.

Am new but I will do what.

Timeline

Well your case creation date is even Dec. Mine is October 11th yet no call in letter or packets. We E-mailed them and or they said was that the case has been received by the embassy but it's yet to be entered manually in Thierry system. So we should wait and till now no letter. We are so frustrated.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Quarcoo said:

Well your case creation date is even Dec. Mine is October 11th yet no call in letter or packets. We E-mailed them and or they said was that the case has been received by the embassy but it's yet to be entered manually in Thierry system. So we should wait and till now no letter. We are so frustrated.

Woow. Am wondering when am gonna hear from them.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Just in case you have still not heard anything, I will suggest you go to the Ghana Embassy with the letter from NVC that it has been received and also a screenshot of the case saying "ready" . Most of the time they will give you an interview date right there. That worked for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.