Jump to content
tcotez

k1 visa enquiries concerning interview.

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

Am really confused and need your help.

I found this upon tracking my case for the past two weeks and yet I have not heard any from the embassy. Am so worried my due date might get expired without me hearing from them.

Please help me with what to do am really new to this.i will appreciate any contributions.
                                                           Immigrant Visa Case Number:     ACC20
Case Creation Date:     13-Dec-2016
Status Updated Date:     19-Dec-2016
 .                 Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the embassy in Ghana actually send you anything, or schedule the interview for you?

 

Each country works different, for instance, the Philippines, you schedule everything yourself.

 

If they schedule it for you in Ghana, are you saying you're worried your NOA2 will expire before hand?


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gif   vd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gif giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Does the embassy in Ghana actually send you anything, or schedule the interview for you?

 

Each country works different, for instance, the Philippines, you schedule everything yourself.

 

If they schedule it for you in Ghana, are you saying you're worried your NOA2 will expire before hand?

I have not heard any thing from the Ghana embassy and I have not scheduled for the interview date. Since I have not receive any information from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that is what I mean, as far as I have read I believe Ghana does send the beneficiary an invitation letter and such.

 

But again some countries, the embassy sends nothing at all.. So if Ghana does in fact send items to the beneficiary, I would either give the embassy a call and check, or hopefully a recent K-1 member here on VJ can share their experiences with the timeline from NOA2/NVC to when the embassy actually mailed them the information needed.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gif   vd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gif giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Well that is what I mean, as far as I have read I believe Ghana does send the beneficiary an invitation letter and such.

 

But again some countries, the embassy sends nothing at all.. So if Ghana does in fact send items to the beneficiary, I would either give the embassy a call and check, or hopefully a recent K-1 member here on VJ can share their experiences with the timeline from NOA2/NVC to when the embassy actually mailed them the information needed.

Thank you so much. I will find out if I can schedule for interview date even though I have not heard from the embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they do not, or can't give you any specific information over the phone... again if you're worried about the NOA2 expiration date approaching before interview, the embassy is aware of this date and they should auto-renew it and give an extension, especially since you're waiting on them.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gif   vd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gif giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

If they do not, or can't give you any specific information over the phone... again if you're worried about the NOA2 expiration date approaching before interview, the embassy is aware of this date and they should auto-renew it and give an extension, especially since you're waiting on them.

Oohk thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have recently changed the process. They used to schedule K1 interviews for you. Now they will send you a letter in the mail with instructions on how to pay and schedule the interview. It may take some time, because of the number of interviews they need to schedule and how long it can take for the letter to arrive.  I know it is hard, but patience is key in this process. 

 

Also, it would be very helpful if you filled out your timeline so people know where you are in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, O&GForever said:

They have recently changed the process. They used to schedule K1 interviews for you. Now they will send you a letter in the mail with instructions on how to pay and schedule the interview. It may take some time, because of the number of interviews they need to schedule and how long it can take for the letter to arrive.  I know it is hard, but patience is key in this process. 

 

Also, it would be very helpful if you filled out your timeline so people know where you are in the process. 

thank you for your information.

Am new but I will do what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well your case creation date is even Dec. Mine is October 11th yet no call in letter or packets. We E-mailed them and or they said was that the case has been received by the embassy but it's yet to be entered manually in Thierry system. So we should wait and till now no letter. We are so frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quarcoo said:

Well your case creation date is even Dec. Mine is October 11th yet no call in letter or packets. We E-mailed them and or they said was that the case has been received by the embassy but it's yet to be entered manually in Thierry system. So we should wait and till now no letter. We are so frustrated.

Woow. Am wondering when am gonna hear from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case you have still not heard anything, I will suggest you go to the Ghana Embassy with the letter from NVC that it has been received and also a screenshot of the case saying "ready" . Most of the time they will give you an interview date right there. That worked for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×