Lorani

K1 appointment at US embassy Nairobi

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi people, trust your new year is coming along fine. I would like to ask if there is anyone else who have experienced difficulties scheduling a k1 visa appointment in US embassy in nairobi?been waiting for weeks and checking every hour but so far nothing seems to come by. Those who have gone through the appointment process  through this embassy,do you mind sharing what are the convenient time or hrs in a day where there is a likelyhood of finding a date? Thank you in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 1/13/2017 at 4:38 AM, Lorani said:

Hi people, trust your new year is coming along fine. I would like to ask if there is anyone else who have experienced difficulties scheduling a k1 visa appointment in US embassy in nairobi?been waiting for weeks and checking every hour but so far nothing seems to come by. Those who have gone through the appointment process  through this embassy,do you mind sharing what are the convenient time or hrs in a day where there is a likelyhood of finding a date? Thank you in advance. 

Hi Lorani,

I saw these folks discussing the embassy in Narobi, so maybe some info will help you.  Also you can check out members who had approvals on the Kenya Portal:  http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Kenya.  Good luck!! 

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hi Lorani. I have been having the same problem since 11th this month. I'm at the site every now and then but the dates are still inactive ever since. i have tried reaching the embassy but to no avail. Do you know where the problem is? please share i will appreciate.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/17/2017 at 3:51 PM, Njeri said:

Hi Lorani. I have been having the same problem since 11th this month. I'm at the site every now and then but the dates are still inactive ever since. i have tried reaching the embassy but to no avail. Do you know where the problem is? please share i will appreciate.

Thanks.

Hi,

My k1 visa petition was approved last year May but I got a date with the embassy in November. I read on the U.S embassy Nairobi website that there are no slots available for immigrant visa interviews at the moment. But you can call their number and talk to a representative just to be sure. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

What?after seven months !gosh that's alot.

On 21/01/2017 at 10:49 AM, Debkay said:

Hi,

My k1 visa petition was approved last year May but I got a date with the embassy in November. I read on the U.S embassy Nairobi website that there are no slots available for immigrant visa interviews at the moment. But you can call their number and talk to a representative just to be sure. 

What!After seven months?gosh that's  alot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.