20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I will have my interview next week on Tuesday. Is it ok or not if I dont bring my fiance W2 when interview? Because he doent have yet his 2016 return tax, I just bring his paystubs from bank and his employment letter. I'm afraid if the consular will reject my visa because I missed one document ? Thanks for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

W-2's are not due until end of this month for 2016 so US embassy won't expect you to have it.

I would bring his W-2 from 2014 and 2015 if available as well as the paystubs you mentioned.

Good luck

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Timeline
1 minute ago, JimJesDuma said:

W-2's are not due until end of this month for 2016 so US embassy won't expect you to have it.

I would bring his W-2 from 2014 and 2015 if available as well as the paystubs you mentioned.

Good luck

Jim

Hi Jim,

But there is a problem to attach his W-2 2014 and 2015, his income amount really small because he was working at restaurant. And start his first job at company as a programmer in February last year (2016) ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would still bring it but don't show it unless they ask.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Pay stub and employment letter should be sufficient. They'll understand the W-2 isnt available yet. Jakarta is very easy going, I don't think you'll have a problem. Worst case scenario is you'd probably be put in AP until you could provide the 2016 W-2 (which I doubt they'll do). 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bring the tax transcripts. And most current W2s. The petitioners current salary is what's important to them. It depends on what embassy you are going to 

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Timeline
15 hours ago, DelilahBrz said:

Bring the tax transcripts. And most current W2s. The petitioners current salary is what's important to them. It depends on what embassy you are going to 

Hi Delilah,

Yes I just bring proof of the bank statement about his income and also employment letter. I am going to the US embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Timeline
On 1/15/2017 at 0:28 AM, usmsbow said:

Pay stub and employment letter should be sufficient. They'll understand the W-2 isnt available yet. Jakarta is very easy going, I don't think you'll have a problem. Worst case scenario is you'd probably be put in AP until you could provide the 2016 W-2 (which I doubt they'll do). 

Hi,

Thank you for your help :) I hope they won't make it as a big problem. I'm really  nervous about it thou.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fiola said:

Hi Delilah,

Yes I just bring proof of the bank statement about his income and also employment letter. I am going to the US embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia.

The tax transcripts and W2s are stronger than bank statements. I highly recommend these as proof of income as opposed to bank statements. 

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Fiola said:

Hi Delilah,

You should bring your fiance MOST recent tax rranscripts and W2s to your interview.  If they ask for it and you do not have it, it could delay your case.

If your fiance's income does not meet the poverty guidelines you should be prepared for that issue.

What does your list of documents to bring say?  (Packet 3)

Timeline
4 hours ago, LionessDeon said:

You should bring your fiance MOST recent tax rranscripts and W2s to your interview.  If they ask for it and you do not have it, it could delay your case.

If your fiance's income does not meet the poverty guidelines you should be prepared for that issue.

What does your list of documents to bring say?  (Packet 3)

I bring his 2015 return tax and W-2 which is it doesnt show his currently income and doesnt meet the requirement income :( his 2016 return tax and W-2 hasnt issued yet. It will be ready the 31st of January, thats why I just bring his bank of statement and employment letter as his 2016 attachment.

Timeline
5 hours ago, DelilahBrz said:

The tax transcripts and W2s are stronger than bank statements. I highly recommend these as proof of income as opposed to bank statements. 

I will bring his 2015 return tax and W-2 which is it doesnt show his currently income and doesnt meet the requirement income :( his 2016 return tax and W-2 hasnt issued yet. It will be ready the 31st of January, thats why I just bring his bank of statement and employment letter as his 2016 attachment.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fiola said:

I will bring his 2015 return tax and W-2 which is it doesnt show his currently income and doesnt meet the requirement income :( his 2016 return tax and W-2 hasnt issued yet. It will be ready the 31st of January, thats why I just bring his bank of statement and employment letter as his 2016 attachment.

Then bring paystubs instead of the W2. 

I don't think the bank statements are necessary. 

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Timeline
10 hours ago, DelilahBrz said:

Then bring paystubs instead of the W2. 

I don't think the bank statements are necessary. 

Yay, thank you for your help! it really helps me to make sure myself to attach the W-2 and tax return my fiance, they approve my visa and not delay it! thank you so much :)

On 1/13/2017 at 0:28 PM, Fiola said:

Hi Jim,

But there is a problem to attach his W-2 2014 and 2015, his income amount really small because he was working at restaurant. And start his first job at company as a programmer in February last year (2016) ?

Hey Fiola! Our interview is on the 25th and I am bringing my fiance's w2 from 2015 with me. He also has low income that year so we got a joint sponsor to back us up. In this case, we got my aunt as the joint sponsor. You still have time to get one. The primary reason for bringing all these documents to the interview is to assure the US government that our fiance can support us and we won't become a public charge. Not being able to meet the poverty guideline as per your fiance's household size can be questionable and can be a reason for visa denial (apart from lacking some documents) so you will need somebody to add his/her income with your fiance's to back you up and making sure that all documents required are available with you at the time of the interview.

As per Google: "A joint sponsor is a person who is not the petitioner for the fiance visa applicant but who meets the citizenship, residence, and age requirements and who meets the 125 percent minimum income requirement for his or her household size."

He/she also needs to submit the same paperworks that the petitioner has to submit including proof of citizenship, form I-134 and also needs to provide tax forms and w2, paystubs and employee certificate. Best of luck to our journey! :)

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.