MrsRana

Review & Documents

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am a new member and I am concerned about the process. It seems to be taking so long and my husband and I should have been case complete in September but NVC requested more documents. We did not understand that the Police Clearance Certificate from the REgional Passport Office was in addition to the Police Clearance Certificate from the Police Station so we are in out third review still waiting on that. Also, there was a mixup with our AOS and they confused me with my other joint sponsor and one agent told us that we can just bring the amended papers I-864 and I-864A to the interview while another agent told us that we have to resubmit. 

Review #1: Send Additional Tax information for AOS (3 weeks review)

Review #2: Send Amended AOS(6 weeks review)

Review #3: Send Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office (NVC received Dec. 6 so Jan. 17 will be 6 weeks complete on review#3)

My question to the VJourney members is this: Do we have to wait 6 weeks or more for each piece of the submission? I submitted the updated/accurate AOS paperwork and the PCC from the RPO together in the same package with one barcoded cover sheet. Does that mean they will review it together or separately, one after the other?  Also, we are closing in on our 6th week of our third review with no word and every time either of us calls NVC we get a lot of attitude and disgruntled operators responding to our genuine questions of concern. Is there anyone else we can talk to to make complaints about the lack of care and customer service at NVC? We are not a fraud case, yet they treat us as such... and that is very heartbreaking for two newlweds living thousands of miles apart in different cultures with different customs trying to make it all work out. I joined this forum the other day because I need to hear from a positive group of like-minded individuals who have been through what we have and who are still not case complete.

Thank you!

Timeline

I was just wondering if any other U.S. citizen married an Indian citizen and have a March 2016 priority date for their I-130 petition?

We didn't know that Indian citizens require two separate/different Police Clearance Certificates-one direct from the Police and another through the Regional Passport Office via the Police. We initially only submitted the PCC directly from the Police in the beneficiary's sector, not knowing about the second PCC needed from the Regional Passport Office "RPO". 

We were put under two reviews for correction of our AOS and did not even get an RFE for the PCC from the Regional Passport Office in either RFE-finally we got a third RFE for the missing PCC from RPO and we are at the last day of six weeks for that third review.

I have read other posts from people who stated that NVC allowed the beneficiary to bring the final supporting documents to their interview, rather than continuously sending out RFE's. I am really frustrated because I am a US citizen and I should have more support. Why does NVC allow some beneficiary's to do this, and not others?

We have been in review three times since September and NVC is still very unhelpful when I call to ask if we really need to send any more documents. After the last 16 weeks in review with no end in sight, I called NVC to ask if they needed more than the AOS correction and the PCC from the RPO and all the operator told me was to be more patient and wait for the next letter. 

Is anyone else experiencing multiple reviews? I took advice from another forum and asked to speak with a supervisor about my case and the NVC operator deflected my inquiry and told me to try to be more understanding of their system and be more patient. I am about as patient as a spouse can be on their third review with seemingly endless RFE's and no further instruction/advice/information from National Visa Center. 

I am thankful to members who have a similar experience who can share their experience/frustrations.... :) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, MrsRana said:

Is anyone else experiencing multiple reviews? I took advice from another forum and asked to speak with a supervisor about my case and the NVC operator deflected my inquiry and told me to try to be more understanding of their system and be more patient. I am about as patient as a spouse can be on their third review with seemingly endless RFE's and no further instruction/advice/information from National Visa Center. 

Hey MrsRana,

I'm sorry to hear about your delays. I haven't entered the NVC stage of my application yet, so I can't tell you whether the wait you're experiencing with each checklist is the norm or not. I would, however, suggest that you reach out to your local congressman and state senators. Call their offices and ask to be transferred to their immigration desk. If you're lucky one or more can inquire about the status of your application at the NVC. They cannot help expedite anything or clear your case, BUT there have been several instances (described here on VJ) where an inquiry from a senator's office has helped move things along. At the very least, the NVC has to respond to the senator's request a bit faster then they do over the phone to you. You may learn nothing new, but there is a chance that helps things move along.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Similar topics merged.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 1/16/2017 at 3:54 PM, MrsRana said:

I was just wondering if any other U.S. citizen married an Indian citizen and have a March 2016 priority date for their I-130 petition?

We didn't know that Indian citizens require two separate/different Police Clearance Certificates-one direct from the Police and another through the Regional Passport Office via the Police. We initially only submitted the PCC directly from the Police in the beneficiary's sector, not knowing about the second PCC needed from the Regional Passport Office "RPO". 

We were put under two reviews for correction of our AOS and did not even get an RFE for the PCC from the Regional Passport Office in either RFE-finally we got a third RFE for the missing PCC from RPO and we are at the last day of six weeks for that third review.

I have read other posts from people who stated that NVC allowed the beneficiary to bring the final supporting documents to their interview, rather than continuously sending out RFE's. I am really frustrated because I am a US citizen and I should have more support. Why does NVC allow some beneficiary's to do this, and not others?

We have been in review three times since September and NVC is still very unhelpful when I call to ask if we really need to send any more documents. After the last 16 weeks in review with no end in sight, I called NVC to ask if they needed more than the AOS correction and the PCC from the RPO and all the operator told me was to be more patient and wait for the next letter. 

I am thankful to members who have a similar experience who can share their experience/frustrations.... :) 

@MrsRana Hello,

It sounds like your having a hectic problem with NVC. Is your case then still being reviewed at NVC? I'm US citizen and my husband is Indian and our Priority date is April 1st, 2016. We were not requested two different Police Certificate clearances. This is definitely a concern. 

Timeline

@MrsRana Oh I forgot to mention if they have passed the deadline to process your case at NVC then you should request an expedite, and or contact a Senator to put some pressure on NVC

Timeline
On 1/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, aditi2016 said:

@MrsRana Hello,

It sounds like your having a hectic problem with NVC. Is your case then still being reviewed at NVC? I'm US citizen and my husband is Indian and our Priority date is April 1st, 2016. We were not requested two different Police Certificate clearances. This is definitely a concern. 

Hi Aditi2016,

Thanks for reaching out... we are stuck in review for 7 weeks since they received the last package with RFE documents, and I was just told that they put us in Supervisor Review which can be an additional 6-8+ weeks. A question for you- are you filing with New Delhi? My husband and I did and we didn't get the notice about the other PCC until our 2nd RFE came up. (Our first RFE was regarding more supporting tax documents for the AOS). We got a third RFE requesting that we redo our AOS due to confusion about joint sponsorship between my father and I. I sent the PCC from the Regional Passport Office along with the correct AOS paperwork on December 6, 2016... Here it is January 22, 2017. We were told it would be reviewed by January 17, but that was a holiday so after that I called NVC on the 19th and they put our case into Supervisor Review. We might hear back from NVC anywhere from January 23-March 19 or possibly longer if NVC remains backlogged. 

It is super frustrating to have three RFE's for a simple mistake with the AOS, as well as the total misunderstanding that there are actually TWO different police clearance certificates. One has to come directly from the police, another must come directly from the Regional Passport Office. 

I hope that my mistakes might help others before they get caught in RFE after RFE...

Best wishes to you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsRana said:

Hi Aditi2016,

Thanks for reaching out... we are stuck in review for 7 weeks since they received the last package with RFE documents, and I was just told that they put us in Supervisor Review which can be an additional 6-8+ weeks. A question for you- are you filing with New Delhi? My husband and I did and we didn't get the notice about the other PCC until our 2nd RFE came up. (Our first RFE was regarding more supporting tax documents for the AOS). We got a third RFE requesting that we redo our AOS due to confusion about joint sponsorship between my father and I. I sent the PCC from the Regional Passport Office along with the correct AOS paperwork on December 6, 2016... Here it is January 22, 2017. We were told it would be reviewed by January 17, but that was a holiday so after that I called NVC on the 19th and they put our case into Supervisor Review. We might hear back from NVC anywhere from January 23-March 19 or possibly longer if NVC remains backlogged. 

It is super frustrating to have three RFE's for a simple mistake with the AOS, as well as the total misunderstanding that there are actually TWO different police clearance certificates. One has to come directly from the police, another must come directly from the Regional Passport Office. 

I hope that my mistakes might help others before they get caught in RFE after RFE...

Best wishes to you 

I'm filing with Mumbai. We only received one RFE and they processed our case successfully. They only requested us to bring to interview 2015 W2's. Did you have a lawyer apply for your case? I've read some people are put on supervisory review due to certain information missing. I would suggest seeking help of your Texas Senator or Texas congress if NVC has passed the document required processing time. They will be able to possibly make NVC feel pressured to complete case sooner. Along with sending an email to NVC informing them of this delay and problems they are causing. 

Hope this Helps.

I'm still waiting to get interview date. As my case was complete on December 28, 2016, and they didn't schedule me an interview for February. Feeling bit disappointed. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, aditi2016 said:

I'm filing with Mumbai. We only received one RFE and they processed our case successfully. They only requested us to bring to interview 2015 W2's. Did you have a lawyer apply for your case? I've read some people are put on supervisory review due to certain information missing. I would suggest seeking help of your Texas Senator or Texas congress if NVC has passed the document required processing time. They will be able to possibly make NVC feel pressured to complete case sooner. Along with sending an email to NVC informing them of this delay and problems they are causing. 

Hope this Helps.

I'm still waiting to get interview date. As my case was complete on December 28, 2016, and they didn't schedule me an interview for February. Feeling bit disappointed. 

Hello just an update I filled out the forms online for Senator Cornyn and Senator Cruz of Texas to help with our case. Today I called NVC and requested to speak with a supervisor for the third time (once on the 17th of Jan and I never got thru and I did a call back request and they never called me back and again on the 19th the same thing happened).  So today I spoke with Emmett and he tried to transfer me for only about a minute and he gave up and said he couldn't get through so I persisted that he call back to the supervisor all day until I get through. This seemed to spark a different attitude from him and he said he was going to try again.  He got back to me and said that he did one better than a supervisor and contacted the Unit Manager so her name is Supervisor Sue and he said it will be faster than supervisor review and she will review our RFE within the week. I reaffirmed that my senators will be in touch about my case and I will call back every single day through the rest of this week and ask what the status is from supervisor review.... when push comes to shove I will show them attitude that they have shown both me and my husband from the start of this all.   Finally it looks like our case is moving forward after about four months in review!!!!!

thanks for all your help.. if anyone else is stuck at NVC just remember that you do have a voice and if your review is past 6 weeks you can be more vocal about getting things taken care of. If the  operator is being rude you can demand a supervisor to speak with and let them know that you were kind and calm when you first called and that the operator had a bad attitude and tried to hurry you off the phone. 

Blessings and best wishes to all of you on this forum... maintain your patience and inner peace during these hard times apart from your family.

@aditi2016

There is still time and possibility for you to have a Feb interview! I read that they schedule the interviews between the 28th of the month through the second of the month... or generally at the very end of each month. Sometimes ppl have to reschedule due to professional or personal so if they reschedule and a slot opens up the consulate can offer to your husband!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.