MrMizo

Sent out our I-129F on 1/9/17 and a G-325A error

3 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hey Guys!!

I am excited to say that our Visajourney has just began, and in our excitement after sending out the I-129F, I  looked over much of our documentation but realized that there was a error that was made...

G-325A

-The Mother and the Father's Dates are backwards...

-The employment's name is in Chinese but the address is in english

Will I run into a RFE possibly? I am nervous about this because if we do, I will be outside the country for over one month...

I am just a bit nervous and hopeful that this will not result in a RFE.

Thank you!

Timeline

i also forgot to fill in the Bold line on the bottom for Applicant's Name and alien registration number, Now i feel nervous about these errors.. Do you think this will result in a RFE?  :unsure:

You may get an RFE for forgetting to fill in the bold box at the bottom and the Chinese part because they do ask everything be translated. However, I had a couple minor errors (my fiances Mothers name was misspelt, Fathers place of birth was incorrect, and two dates for his recent employment were incorrect) and I didn't get an RFE. The only reason I thought they may notice his Fathers date of birth being incorrect is because he later submitted documents along with an affidavit of support for us. I also had my passport photos cut to Canadian standards and not to American, so I had it cut after already writing on the back of it. They didn't seem to mind the scratched out writing either. 

It is stressful waiting to see if you get an RFE, and unfortunately they pick and chose which cases get them for mistakes and which don't so it is hard to say if you will receive one. All you can do is wait, hopefully it isn't long. Mine took about a month and a half to be approved and I worried the entire time. My best advice would be to try to stop thinking of every reason you may get an RFE. Best of luck! :)

K1 Visa Timline                                               AOS Timeline

2016/08/11: I-129F Package Sent                   2017/02/09: AOS/EAD/AP Package Sent

2016/08/17: NOA1 Received                          2017/02/23: NOA1 Received

2016/10/04: NOA2 Received                          2017/03/23: Biometrics Appointment

2016/10/21: NVC Received                            2017/04/06: Request to Expedite EAD

2016/10/24: Case # Assigned                        2017/04/12: Letter for Expedite Request Received 

2016/11/01: Consulate Received                    2017/04/13: Response to Letter Faxed

2016/11/01: Packet 3 Sent                           2017/04/19: EAD Expedite Approved - Card Being Produced

2016/11/04: Packet 4 Received                     2017/04/24: EAD/AP Card Mailed

2016/12/09: Medical                                     2017/04/26: EAD/AP Card Received

2016/12/21: Interview!! APPROVED               2017/09/08: AOS Approved - Card Being Produced

2016/12/23: Visa Issued                               2017/09/15: Conditional Greencard Received

2016/12/28: Visa Received

2016/12/31: POE as a K1!

2017/01/20: Wedding Day!!!

ROC Timeline:

2019/06/29: ROC Package Sent

2019/07/05: NOA1 Received

2019/10/25: Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.