Ashley Scott

What to expect after the NOA1 and before the NOA2?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello all!  My fiancé (from the UK) and I sent our petition packet off to Texas on December 21.  We finally got the NOA1 letter in the mail on January 10 stating that the case is being processed as of January 5.  My question for those who have been through the process already is; What, if anything, should we be getting together and preparing for while waiting on the NOA2?  I know that we can not pay the filing fee or submit the paperwork for the visa or the affidavit support forms until it has been sent to the NVC but is there anything you would recommend getting a jump start on? 

Any push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!  Hoping we get the NOA2 sooner than later!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really it is a waiting game now. 

Continue to collect ongoing proof of relationship material; but like you said some of the other documentation really needs to be gathered after NOA2 while petition is at NVC stage.

You could start filling out the I-134 (just sign and date when its nearing interview) and collecting back tax transcripts/W2s though.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Thank you.  That's what I was thinking. :)  We have a collection of pictures from his visits and plane tickets and all that we will keep for any time they are needed.  I have started filling out any forms I can.  I am a huge planner and it drives me crazy not being able to get EVERYTHING prepared ahead of time! haha. 

Here is another question for you if you don't mind... How many years of W2s need to be provided?  I have started collecting this stuff to keep together.  I have my 2015 and 2016 (coming in the mail this month) W2s but not my 2014.  I will dig for them and find them if I need to but at the moment don't know where they are. lol.

Thanks!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

2 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

Hello all!  My fiancé (from the UK) and I sent our petition packet off to Texas on December 21.  We finally got the NOA1 letter in the mail on January 10 stating that the case is being processed as of January 5.  My question for those who have been through the process already is; What, if anything, should we be getting together and preparing for while waiting on the NOA2?  I know that we can not pay the filing fee or submit the paperwork for the visa or the affidavit support forms until it has been sent to the NVC but is there anything you would recommend getting a jump start on? 

Any push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!  Hoping we get the NOA2 sooner than later!

Take a look at the handy London specific guide. It's still fairly valid, with exception to the ability to arrange your own interview appointment.  Things to get a jump on? I'd say snag the UK police certificate possibly within a few weeks. Collect the UK vaccination records and or get the required vaccinations from the fiance's GP.

2 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

Thank you.  That's what I was thinking. :)  We have a collection of pictures from his visits and plane tickets and all that we will keep for any time they are needed.  I have started filling out any forms I can.  I am a huge planner and it drives me crazy not being able to get EVERYTHING prepared ahead of time! haha. 

Here is another question for you if you don't mind... How many years of W2s need to be provided?  I have started collecting this stuff to keep together.  I have my 2015 and 2016 (coming in the mail this month) W2s but not my 2014.  I will dig for them and find them if I need to but at the moment don't know where they are. lol.

Thanks!

W2s are not expressly needed for London. You can certainly use them of course, but you can also use other things. Such as your single most recent tax transcript (you can order this from the IRS) and a letter from your employer for instance. London does not need a lot of different types of proof or multiple years of proof. You do not need multiple years, only your most recent. Your more indepth tax information will be needed after your marriage, when you file for AOS.

In addition, London very rarely actually asks for any additional relationship info. I suppose they could in a situation where you provided bare minimum with your application, but for the most part, even though people will bring a copy of their entire application + additional evidence... they will rarely ask for it.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received text today  Can anyone tell me  what does this mean ?Are they asking for more  evidence ?  USCIS:  Your case was received. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ginger Andre said:

I received text today  Can anyone tell me  what does this mean ?Are they asking for more  evidence ?  USCIS:  Your case was received. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail.

It sounds like that was your NOA1. Was it for a k1 visa? You will probably receive your NOA1 letter soon. :)

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ginger Andre said:

It might be the NOA2. I googled and it says that's the approval letter. Sorry I don't have a definite answer for you but look forward to finding out :)

Timeline
46 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Take a look at the handy London specific guide. It's still fairly valid, with exception to the ability to arrange your own interview appointment.  Things to get a jump on? I'd say snag the UK police certificate possibly within a few weeks. Collect the UK vaccination records and or get the required vaccinations from the fiance's GP.

W2s are not expressly needed for London. You can certainly use them of course, but you can also use other things. Such as your single most recent tax transcript (you can order this from the IRS) and a letter from your employer for instance. London does not need a lot of different types of proof or multiple years of proof. You do not need multiple years, only your most recent. Your more indepth tax information will be needed after your marriage, when you file for AOS.

In addition, London very rarely actually asks for any additional relationship info. I suppose they could in a situation where you provided bare minimum with your application, but for the most part, even though people will bring a copy of their entire application + additional evidence... they will rarely ask for it.

Thank you for the information! It's always nice to hear someone who's been through that embassy. Crazy how nerve wrecking the process is even though it is such a natural thing! My poor fiancé will probably end up with a suitcase of stuff for his interview because I am so overly cautious and a huge planner. Can't wait until we can look back and laugh about it! 

I will definitely check out the London guide. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

It sounds like that was your NOA1. Was it for a k1 visa? You will probably receive your NOA1 letter soon. :)

Thanks you!!I l love visa journey it's really nice people are friendly enough and excited and on the same journey 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Ginger Andre said:

Thanks you!!I l love visa journey it's really nice people are friendly enough and excited and on the same journey 

I agree! Comforting to be able to speak to people who have been or are going through the same thing! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I-797 Notice of Action is used to either inform you of Approval, Denial or Request for Evidence.  So for better or worse, you will soon know.  Best of luck!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

1 Jan 2015 - Got engaged <3

7 Jan 2015 - End of trip to see fiancee (Returned to New Zealand)

9 June 2016 - I-129F sent

16 June 2016 - I-129F NoA1 Received

17 August 2016 - I-129F NoA2 Received

2 Sept 2016 - Package received by NVC

20 Sept 2016 - K-1 Paperwork received via email and snail-mail

12 Jan 2017 - Instructions complete and paperwork returned

17 Jan 2017 - Receive Packet 4 (Interview instructions)

26 Jan 2017 - Interview at US Consulate, Auckland (APPROVED)

01 Feb 2017 - Sealed Envelope arrived ('Pandora's Envelope' :P )

21 Feb 2017 - Flying out to USA

TBD - Getting married <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.