BJ&V

The annulment lawyer

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I'm new here and glad to be a part of this community. First, let me say that I meet a wonderful woman who happens to be an OFW from the Philippines; Over time we have grown closer and closer. She has not been back to the Philippines in over thirteen years due to the fact the her husband was abusive and has made threats towards her. Over time I have been reading in VJ looking for an annulment lawyer to help us, but people seem to be very close lip about who their lawyer is even though VJ is about helping out one another. So maybe my recent contact with one may help out others from making the same mistake. This lawyer from Manila was recommended on here and on other expat forums. I had my girlfriend call Pulido and she was told to send her marriage certificate to see if she could find any errors. No errors was found. My girlfriend was led to believe the lawyer would except her as a client; she then started asking her questions and was told she would answer them later, but first contact her husband and get his reaction, Well my girlfriend did, and he threaten her (he does not know about us). He also tried to extort money out of her. Well my girlfriend called Pulido back and told her about his threats; Pulido replied back that she only excepts uncontested annulments. Pulido should have told her from the beginning that she only did uncontested annulments.....instead she misrepresented herself and possible stirred up issues for my girlfriend. Long story short, I do not recommend this lawyer.

My girlfriend believes she said this because she figured since she is a filipina then she wont have the money to proceed with the long contested case. So VJ'ers what do you think?

So can someone recommend an annulment lawyer from the Philippines in Manila that we both can go to (American friendly) that will be straight up with us from the start.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, BJ&V said:

Hi I'm new here and glad to be a part of this community. First, let me say that I meet a wonderful woman who happens to be an OFW from the Philippines; Over time we have grown closer and closer. She has not been back to the Philippines in over thirteen years due to the fact the her husband was abusive and has made threats towards her. Over time I have been reading in VJ looking for an annulment lawyer to help us, but people seem to be very close lip about who their lawyer is even though VJ is about helping out one another. So maybe my recent contact with one may help out others from making the same mistake. This lawyer from Manila was recommended on here and on other expat forums. I had my girlfriend call Pulido and she was told to send her marriage certificate to see if she could find any errors. No errors was found. My girlfriend was led to believe the lawyer would except her as a client; she then started asking her questions and was told she would answer them later, but first contact her husband and get his reaction, Well my girlfriend did, and he threaten her (he does not know about us). He also tried to extort money out of her. Well my girlfriend called Pulido back and told her about his threats; Pulido replied back that she only excepts uncontested annulments. Pulido should have told her from the beginning that she only did uncontested annulments.....instead she misrepresented herself and possible stirred up issues for my girlfriend. Long story short, I do not recommend this lawyer.

My girlfriend believes she said this because she figured since she is a filipina then she wont have the money to proceed with the long contested case. So VJ'ers what do you think?

So can someone recommend an annulment lawyer from the Philippines in Manila that we both can go to (American friendly) that will be straight up with us from the start.

Where is your girlfriend an OFW??   Why not look into completing a divorce in that country, being she has been there 13 years I would think that would meet the residency requirements.  A divorce decree is all that is needed to complete the visa process. :)

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

She is in Singapore and some times in Malaysia with her employeer.....yes that is another option i am looking deeply into but finding little info on. Hong Kong keeps popping up on forums and im trying to see if it can be do in other countries as well.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, BJ&V said:

She is in Singapore and some times in Malaysia with her employeer.....yes that is another option i am looking deeply into but finding little info on. Hong Kong keeps popping up on forums and im trying to see if it can be do in other countries as well.

I know it can be done in Singapore for sure.  I know of a few that have gotten divorces in Singapore, focus on finding an attorney there.

Edited by Sagot

Timeline
19 minutes ago, BJ&V said:

http://www.singaporedivorcelawyer.com.sg/expat-divorce/

Edited by Sagot

Timeline

I will look over these links really good tomorrow at work. Thanks for the replies and help.....that's what I love about VJ....the love and support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.