CubaAndChill

Length of time

22 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi @CubaAndChill :) just to add to what everyone else said, a short engagement is fine as long as the relationship is real and you have enough evidence to prove it. My fiancé and I got engaged after four months, but decided to wait a bit and spend more time together before filing. I know how hard it feels when you're separated and so desperately want to be together, I was crazy when I came back after spending the summer together. But just relax and take it step by step, it will be worth it in the end! :)  

On another note, does you know what is the cheapest way to call Cuba? Rebtel raised their prices slightly grrrrr :angry:

Timeline
On 2/4/2017 at 9:43 AM, TatiyPablo said:

Hi @CubaAndChill :) just to add to what everyone else said, a short engagement is fine as long as the relationship is real and you have enough evidence to prove it. My fiancé and I got engaged after four months, but decided to wait a bit and spend more time together before filing. I know how hard it feels when you're separated and so desperately want to be together, I was crazy when I came back after spending the summer together. But just relax and take it step by step, it will be worth it in the end! :)  

On another note, does you know what is the cheapest way to call Cuba? Rebtel raised their prices slightly grrrrr :angry:

Hi @TatiyPablo thank you for your feedback and congrats on your engagement! It's definitely difficult to be so far away from your S.O. & with the communication gap in Cuba, you can't even talk to them like you want to.. I fly out Saturday to see him (I'm sooo excited) and his family and we're going to visit some of my family too, so I'll definitely have enough evidence to prove we're in a real relationship even though it's been a short one.

As for Rebtel, I noticed that too! I may have cussed at it a couple of times when re-upping my credits LOL. But, that's the cheapest one I've found with a good connection through my cell phone. We recently switched to a Direct TV bundle service and the rep said with the package we have that we have free calling to Cuba... I asked a couple different reps if that was true and they said it was, but we'll have to see once the bill comes in next month if it's really true or if I have to pay an arm and a leg for the calls I've made.

We do IMO video call, but he has to be connected to WIFI & the service sucks. There's Cuba Messenger too, which is like a texting/email service but the person in Cuba gets the messages right away and it's pretty cheap. 0.02 cents to receive and 0.05 cents to send messages.

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

@chillandcuba

I can relate to your situation! My fiance and I have been together for a year on the tenth of this month and I couldn't get to see him till September of last year because I was working and in school. We got engaged in September he proposed because my mom was actually with me on the trip which was great that she got to experience that with me. However, we wanted to wait  and get to know each other a little while longer so I sent it my I-129F packet last week.  I have only been twice but I did include my itinerary for my next trip in April. I still haven't gotten my NOA1, but my packet did have 212 pages of proof. GOOD LUCK!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, eruiz3 said:

@chillandcuba

I can relate to your situation! My fiance and I have been together for a year on the tenth of this month and I couldn't get to see him till September of last year because I was working and in school. We got engaged in September he proposed because my mom was actually with me on the trip which was great that she got to experience that with me. However, we wanted to wait  and get to know each other a little while longer so I sent it my I-129F packet last week.  I have only been twice but I did include my itinerary for my next trip in April. I still haven't gotten my NOA1, but my packet did have 212 pages of proof. GOOD LUCK!!

Good luck on getting your NOA1 & NOA2 quickly!

Wow 212 pages!! I shouldn't be surprised; a lot of people of VJ have mentioned how huge their packets were with over 200 pages of evidence and mine is getting close to that number with all the ongoing relationship evidence I'll be mailing in. I've read with Cuba you can't skimp on the front loading and I'm sure that's true more now than ever, now that the Wet foot/Dry foot law is gone. A lot of people will try to come in through K1's and CR-1's instead of going through Mexico or crossing the ocean.

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

@CubaAndChill Thank you! Just got the email today that USCIS received everything and routed it to the California Service Center. Good luck to you and your fiance. It's not easy and we all have a great journey ahead of us that will result in something fantastic :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.