JQ85

Using service, is this good advice?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After a lot of frustration (being busy at work), I've finally decided to use FilipinaFianceVisa.com to help guide is. I've spoken to the gentleman several times and he's very knowledgable. My only question is:

The gentleman suggested we Do Not need to send emails or Skype logs etc with the initial 129-F. He said he's been doing this for years and they're looking for evidence of having met in the past two years. He said initially, my passport stamps, photos and my boarding passes should be enough. He said my fiance just needs to bring the emails and evidence to the actual interview. 

However, it seems like EVERYBODY sends emails for more evidence from the very beginning... WITH the 129-F.

Does this sound okay to those of you with experience?? No need for emails and Skype etc up front - only need to bring them to the interview?

Edited by JQ85

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent about 8-10 pages of screen shots just showing a time line... nothing too major...

not sending any at all seems a bit odd... during the interview, the CO even read over some of our chats we had supplied in the I-129F... so people do like to see these things.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can "front load" as much as you want (well don't send 50 pages of chat logs that isn't good) but I sent pretty much everything to include evidence of meeting in the past 2 years and our current ongoing relationship information. It really wasn't that much, pictures together, plane ticket stubs, a few chat logs with each other, we never sent emails so that wasn't an issue.

Honestly you could have done this on your own, have your fiancée/fiancé help with gathering the info, you need to fill out the forms anyways....even if it takes a few weeks it's easily doable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, javadown2 said:

You can "front load" as much as you want (well don't send 50 pages of chat logs that isn't good) but I sent pretty much everything to include evidence of meeting in the past 2 years and our current ongoing relationship information. It really wasn't that much, pictures together, plane ticket stubs, a few chat logs with each other, we never sent emails so that wasn't an issue.

Honestly you could have done this on your own, have your fiancée/fiancé help with gathering the info, you need to fill out the forms anyways....even if it takes a few weeks it's easily doable.

I would also agree with this post. We sent a couple of boarding passes, movie tickets that we had been to together and 6 photographs. No chat logs. I am from the UK so I don't know if that makes a difference but I they are looking for the proof that you have met. I think they actually look more into the relationship at the interview where they can see you when asking questions, it gives them a chance to read your body language and pick up if you stumble on answers that if the relationship is genuine, you would know the answer to or at least be confident. :)

The reason I have quoted this post is because of them saying to do it yourself. I would agree, I think immigration lawyer costs are ridiculous and you can do it yourself for half that price, after all you are the one who is going to have to supply the lawyer with all the information and things they need to process it. If you are giving them the answers then surely you may as well be writing them on your forms instead. That is my opinion.

Also the help you can get on this site is free and just as useful as a lawyer if not more so. Unless you have a really complicated case that no one has come across before, which if you have that where no one on here has had it before at some point then the lawyer probably hasn't wither.

Just make sure if you decide to do it on your own that you read read read... Make sure you take in as much information as you can.

Be prepared for not only filing the I-129f but also what the beneficiary must do once its approved. There are also a lot of costs for the beneficiary that I do believe will not be covered by the money you pay to the lawyer for filling in a few forms.

They will have to pay for:

• Police record (ACRO)
  • Birth certificates (if they don't already have a couple of copies)
  • Medical exam (plus any vaccines required) *** £290 GBP = $355.94 USD
  • Courier for passport (if you have the option for delivery)
  • MRV (machine readable visa, this is your actual visa) *** £222 GBP = $272.48 USD

The ones in red are the most expensive and I have put the conversion from the price i paid here in the UK into USD to give you an indication of cost as it seems when you convert the prices in any of the countries they all seem to work out near enough the same in USD. Also don't forget that they also have to pay for the flights too. I'm sure there are other things they have to pay for other than what I have listed. 

Personally I think save the money, keep it in your own pocket... you will need it.

Do lots and lots of research on here and their own websites, don't leave any stone unturned and you will be fine :) 

People on here are really helpful. They will send you links where it tells you how to do it on your own and also use their own experiences to guide you 

Good luck :thumbs: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Agree with others that doing it yourself is better. Specially if this service does not even send an of your chats etc. with application. 

VJ community is usually very helpful, if you choose the do it yourself route.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sending chat logs and emails isn't a requirement for the i-129f, the guy was correct when he said USCIS are interested in proof that you have met in person within the last 2 years, not emails and chat logs.

However, once your package arrives at the embassy and it's time for the interview these things might be more important. Some prefer to do the little extra just to be on the safe side, by sending these chat logs and emails already in the i-129f package instead of waiting for the interview, especially people from countries where the embassy has more or less already made up their minds before the interview based on the i-129f package.

It's up to you how you want to do it, but I know for myself that I would feel much better sending a little extra just in case.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As Scandi said, Its not a requirement but you can send them if you want to. It is probably better to send something rather than nothing.

The proof of meeting in person is more important at this point but there is no harm in sending them in advance :) 

It almost makes me wonder if immigration lawyers sometimes actually tell you to send as little as possible to increase the chances of you receiving an RFE... more money in their back pockets when you have to go back to them for help. I'm not saying they all do but I was horrified the other day when I was watching 90 day fiance (yes that show :rolleyes:) and the immigration lawyer was charging $5000... what on earth... And that was just for filing the I-129f and maybe helping the USC to complete the I-134. Wow! :o 

No thanks... I will put the other almost $3000 that has been saved by not using them to the AOS, but thanks anyway lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, ZoeUK1989 said:

I would also agree with this post. We sent a couple of boarding passes, movie tickets that we had been to together and 6 photographs. No chat logs. I am from the UK so I don't know if that makes a difference but I they are looking for the proof that you have met. I think they actually look more into the relationship at the interview where they can see you when asking questions, it gives them a chance to read your body language and pick up if you stumble on answers that if the relationship is genuine, you would know the answer to or at least be confident. :)

The reason I have quoted this post is because of them saying to do it yourself. I would agree, I think immigration lawyer costs are ridiculous and you can do it yourself for half that price, after all you are the one who is going to have to supply the lawyer with all the information and things they need to process it. If you are giving them the answers then surely you may as well be writing them on your forms instead. That is my opinion.

Also the help you can get on this site is free and just as useful as a lawyer if not more so. Unless you have a really complicated case that no one has come across before, which if you have that where no one on here has had it before at some point then the lawyer probably hasn't wither.

Just make sure if you decide to do it on your own that you read read read... Make sure you take in as much information as you can.

Be prepared for not only filing the I-129f but also what the beneficiary must do once its approved. There are also a lot of costs for the beneficiary that I do believe will not be covered by the money you pay to the lawyer for filling in a few forms.

They will have to pay for:

• Police record (ACRO)
  • Birth certificates (if they don't already have a couple of copies)
  • Medical exam (plus any vaccines required) *** £290 GBP = $355.94 USD
  • Courier for passport (if you have the option for delivery)
  • MRV (machine readable visa, this is your actual visa) *** £222 GBP = $272.48 USD

The ones in red are the most expensive and I have put the conversion from the price i paid here in the UK into USD to give you an indication of cost as it seems when you convert the prices in any of the countries they all seem to work out near enough the same in USD. Also don't forget that they also have to pay for the flights too. I'm sure there are other things they have to pay for other than what I have listed. 

Personally I think save the money, keep it in your own pocket... you will need it.

Do lots and lots of research on here and their own websites, don't leave any stone unturned and you will be fine :) 

People on here are really helpful. They will send you links where it tells you how to do it on your own and also use their own experiences to guide you 

Good luck :thumbs: 

Hello.  Quick question..  The MRV (this is new to me)... Is this a fee that is paid after you are approved or is this part of the visa filing fee after the packet is sent to the NVC

Thanks!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

2 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

Hello.  Quick question..  The MRV (this is new to me)... Is this a fee that is paid after you are approved or is this part of the visa filing fee after the packet is sent to the NVC

Thanks!

the Mrv fee is the interview fee, it's supposed to be paid before scheduling the interview in most embassies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, p-ana said:

the Mrv fee is the interview fee, it's supposed to be paid before scheduling the interview in most embassies.

Ah, got it.  Thank you :)

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.