austinr1984

K1 Scheduling Mishap!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I've made a huge mistake! I have booked my flight to Mumbai to accompany my fiance during her interview process before we scheduled the interview! The available date showed on the DS-160 website last night, was no longer available this morning :( 

My question is, can I request an earlier K1-Visa interview? Does anyone else have experience with this that may be able to shed some light please? 

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I myself would immediately check to see if I can reschedule the flight once the interview date is set.

As to trying to get an earlier interview date, all you really can do is keep checking back online at the schedule and see if a spot opens up from someone canceling or moving their interview date. Maybe you'll get lucky and an earlier spot will open up; but I would just work on changing that flight.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

I did,

Unfortunately I had booked an express flight and their aren't any changes available. Mistake, I know.... but the bright side is we will have more proof for the interview haha. I guess I can try contacting the embassy and plead for an earlier date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That sucks; but always good to get extra in person time in.

Definately can try to contact the embassy, I doubt they will do anything about it; but again you can continue to check on the interview scheduling online and hope an earlier date within your travel timeline pops open and you can move yours to that time frame.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Other Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Per federal regulations you have 24 hours to cancel any booking  made  in the US in advance of 7 days or more. If your travel agent is refusing to do it, try to call the airline directly.

Timeline

I booked my flight through priceline.com. When I had contacted the airline directly they had told me any changes that would be made to my flight would have to be through Priceline. Then when I contacted them they told me it was an express flight and it can not be canceled nor rescheduled due to the express policy. 

Filed: Other Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I would still call the airline, give them the record locator, mention the federal rule and plead with them. They may give you a run-around and send back to priceline but if they do agree to cancel your flight, priceline will have no option but give you a full refund.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.