Tab6282

Getting married June 3rd

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Corey911 said:

Lying to Uscis from the beginning it isn't a smart first move. 

2 hours ago, Brit1 said:

A B2 is a tourist visa. Is your fiancé planning on coming to visit you in the US before you go and visit him to get married in Jamaica? It might be hard to prove ties to his home country, given that he plans to marry you and move to the US very soon.

What am I lying about?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Tab6282 said:

What am I lying about?

ON B2 visa interview your fiance is going to tell the immigration officer about you and upcoming wedding?

Timeline

He is going to tell them we are thinking about it, but nothing is definite yet. That is part of the reason we need this visit, to test waters before we make any life changing decisions. That's the truth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tab6282 said:

He is going to tell them we are thinking about it, but nothing is definite yet. That is part of the reason we need this visit, to test waters before we make any life changing decisions. That's the truth

I'm just being helpful but at the end  of the  day you  have make right decision for your life but  if I was  you I would look in applying for k1  fiancée visa to be on safe side .

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, Tab6282 said:

It sounds like a valid reason to me, so I would suggest if asked he just tells the truth. Good luck with the application!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Tab6282 said:

Really? The title of this topic is "Getting married June 3rd"

As long as your partner is truthful in all forms, in the interview, and with CBP, and does not intend to stay in the US when he visits, then you're clear. By clear, I mean he can apply and hope for the best.

After your wedding, you can apply for a CR-1 visa via form I-130. This will take roughly a year, but be ready for a wait of up to 18 months just in case. :)

Good luck!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 hour ago, F1H1I130 said:

Really? The title of this topic is "Getting married June 3rd"

We are getting married June 3rd permitting him and my kids mesh well on his (hopeful) visit in March. There have not been any papers signed and there is nothing set in stone.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

As long as your partner is truthful in all forms, in the interview, and with CBP, and does not intend to stay in the US when he visits, then you're clear. By clear, I mean he can apply and hope for the best.

After your wedding, you can apply for a CR-1 visa via form I-130. This will take roughly a year, but be ready for a wait of up to 18 months just in case. :)

Good luck!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 1/12/2017 at 4:01 AM, Tab6282 said:

We are planning on bringing his son to live with us after we get him here and settled. His son will be staying with family while he visits. 

For your fiancee to go to the US on a tourist visa with the intent to stay and file for an immigration visa... is fraud. Whether it be during this visit or the next. Your fiancee could get a permanent ban, and not ever be able to immigrate to the US. Just to clear that up ? His son is probably not a tie that will be good enough for them. Many people have to give evidence of job, property ownership, etc and still dont get approved. But depends from person to person really. 

You could do a K1 visa (average 6 month process), but if your wedding is fixed on June 3rd, then maybe your only option is CR1 (average 10 month process) since you might not get K1 in time for your wedding. Keep in mind though that with CR1 he can bring his son with him, and work in the US right away. ? its also cheaper and he can get citizenship faster!

Edited by sajan953

Married 2014-08-31

Filed I130 2016-11-04

Delivered 2016-11-07

NOA1 2016-11-14

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

NOA2 Waiting!!

Timeline

I think you misunderstood. He would only be coming to visit....he would not be staying. He is returning home. We are filing for the CR1 after we get married this summer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Tab6282 said:

I think you misunderstood. He would only be coming to visit....he would not be staying. He is returning home. We are filing for the CR1 after we get married this summer.

Ok, just putting that out there. 

When you file the CR1 he will be able to visit shortly, but move only when visa is in hand. There is no filing while in the US. 

I think your original post was a bit confusing for all of us. Sorry if we misunderstood! 

Good luck!

Married 2014-08-31

Filed I130 2016-11-04

Delivered 2016-11-07

NOA1 2016-11-14

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

NOA2 Waiting!!

1 hour ago, sajan953 said:

Ok, just putting that out there. 

When you file the CR1 he will be able to visit shortly, but move only when visa is in hand. There is no filing while in the US. 

I think your original post was a bit confusing for all of us. Sorry if we misunderstood! 

Good luck!

If one is married and in the US (having entered legally in some status), then no, one need not file for a visa because they can simply adjust status...

Has your Fiance ever had a B2 visa before?  If this is his first visa chances are he will be denied. That is just the reality of it so I don't want to sugar coat anything.

I've been an Immigration Officer for 20 years now and the State Department is hard on B2 visas.  Don't be surprised if he is denied the first time.  Young single men from very poor countries have the highest rate of refusal, and there really is no actual interview other than a minute or two if that in front of the State Department Officer that will quickly review his application.  The refusal rate is extremely high because people are basically guilty (intending immigrant) and you have to prove you are not an intending immigrant, which he is an intending immigrant based on what you have said so far, the second they hear he has an American girlfriend that is a huge strike against him unless he is wealthy in his home country and his family has money and he has a really good job and owns property. Having a child there is not enough especially since he is not married to the mother, people leave their children all the time in their home countries to come to the U.S. and have family members take care of them so that alone is not a strong enough tie.  It is extremely hard for single men in your Fiance's age range to get B2 visas.  You may see a lot of people here in the U.S. with them, and think it's not that hard but you are only seeing the ones that made it, and not the hundreds and thousands of denials.  

Several times we have had State Department Officers comes speak to us at USCIS here in the U.S. for various different training sessions over the years and what has always stood out most was the Officers that spoke about the refusal rate of the B2 visas, on an average day in just one consulate there can be 500 applicants in just one day alone and out of those 500 maybe just maybe 25 people get approved.  The refusal rate is so high that I often wonder why so many people still attempt to even try.  

Just be prepared that you may have to end up going to Fiance Visa route the K1 without him ever getting the chance to come here first on a B2 visa to see family members.  The reality is, he is an intending immigrant and the Officer, unless your Fiance lies through his teeth and never mentions you at all, will be able to see through that, and his financial situation and lack of ties to his home country is probably going to be enough to just flat out deny him the first time around, so please don't be surprised if this happens.

Going through the K1 process will probably be your best route but if he does  get the B2 then he will be very lucky.  You have not spoken at all I don't think of his financial and social status in Jamaica so I don't know if he is considered wealthy there and privileged or just someone struggling like the average citizen there.      

Edited by ptm897

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.