juliet beltejar

crba manila - requirements confusion

7 posts in this topic

Hi VJ members,

I need to apply my son a CRBA and passport this month but im kinda confused about the requirements. My husband, the US citizen won't be around for the application.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to have the DS-260 to be notarized first before we can apply for the CRBA or the consular officer will notarized it on the day of the application?

2. What are the actual documents that my husband needs to have notarized from his end?

I really hope you guys can help me out because i need to do this really soon.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, juliet beltejar said:

Hi VJ members,

I need to apply my son a CRBA and passport this month but im kinda confused about the requirements. My husband, the US citizen won't be around for the application.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to have the DS-260 to be notarized first before we can apply for the CRBA or the consular officer will notarized it on the day of the application?

2. What are the actual documents that my husband needs to have notarized from his end?

I really hope you guys can help me out because i need to do this really soon.

Thanks in advance.

DS-260?  That is not part of the CRBA process, that is for processing an immigrant visa.

Here is info on CRBA, go through the list if you have questions, zing me and I will help the best I can, I am here in the Phils currently.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2017/01/CITIZENSHIP-CRBA-Checklist-2017-January.pdf

The form:  https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

I'm sorry.. what i mean is the DS-2029.

Just now, Sagot said:

DS-260?  That is not part of the CRBA process, that is for processing an immigrant visa.

Here is info on CRBA, go through the list if you have questions, zing me and I will help the best I can, I am here in the Phils currently.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2017/01/CITIZENSHIP-CRBA-Checklist-2017-January.pdf

The form:  https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

Hi,

I'm sorry. I meant ds-2029. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, juliet beltejar said:

I'm sorry.. what i mean is the DS-2029.

Hi,

I'm sorry. I meant ds-2029. 

That only needs to be notarized by a U.S. notary if you husband completes and signs in the USA.  

You (Filipina) completing and signing, the CO at the interview will handle all notary issues while you are present.

Just now, Sagot said:

That only needs to be notarized by a U.S. notary if you husband completes and signs in the USA.  

You (Filipina) completing and signing, the CO at the interview will handle all notary issues while you are present.

so you mean it is fine if he'll  have the form signed and notarized in the US even though i am the one who will be present during the interview?  because he won't be around during the interview/application.

And about his passport, Is it ok if I bring his original passport instead of its notarized copy?

thanks again. :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, juliet beltejar said:

so you mean it is fine if he'll  have the form signed and notarized in the US even though i am the one who will be present during the interview?  because he won't be around during the interview/application.

And about his passport, Is it ok if I bring his original passport instead of its notarized copy?

thanks again. :)

Your husband would only need to complete part of the form, IF the child were born out of wedlock; SECTION 28 .. then it must be notarized.

The person submitting the 2029 will complete the form.. and NOT sign it until in front of the CO during the interview.

I would have him send (email) notarized copies of his passport (bank will notarize documents for free), the embassy will not want his original passport, being he is not there.  Along with copies of boarding passes and other evidence of his presence for conception.

Do read through the checklist I linked for you.

Just now, Sagot said:

Your husband would only need to complete part of the form, IF the child were born out of wedlock; SECTION 28 .. then it must be notarized.

The person submitting the 2029 will complete the form.. and NOT sign it until in front of the CO during the interview.

I would have him send (email) notarized copies of his passport (bank will notarize documents for free), the embassy will not want his original passport, being he is not there.  Along with copies of boarding passes and other evidence of his presence for conception.

Do read through the checklist I linked for you.

thank you very much for patiently answering my questions.

I hope our application won't take too long.

thanks a lot..:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.