IMANCO

Removal of condition over 2 years

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all, i have been a member of this group for a while, though i have not been participating actively, but i do follow most topics every now and then. I moved here in 2012, after being married to my USC spouse for almost 2 years. We had a baby 2 years later, but we later separated , when baby was barely 6 weeks old. This was her decision, all efforts too get her to reconcile with me was unsuccessful and she filed for divorce a few months later. I really dont want to go into to much details here, but due to the nature of our separation and also because our divorce was not final , when it was time to remove my conditional 2 year GC, i ticked the 3 options, including VAWA. i did not get an interview until Feb 2016 and till today i have no heard a word from USCIS. Just to let you know, though my ex  has since remarried, our separation was very messy, as i mentioned before, i really don want to bog you all with too many details, but she attempted to remove me from the country, by filing several bogus criminal charges and calling ICE and DHS several times. Her communication was revealed to me during the interview. During our numerous court appearances , she also accused me of marriage fraud. Well fast forward 2017, i have been cleared of all criminal charges, i have since expunged all traces of criminal complicity in order to enable me get a job, We have joint custody of our child , whom i see 2 times a week,including biweekly weekend visits, though i pay child support and have never defaulted.

When my divorce was final, i sent in my divorce certificate and i thought my application will be taken away from vawa and moved to separation due to divorce, but i was wrong. Since my ex was in touch with USCIS and wrote bogus letters accusing me of every thing in living day light, from theft, to rape to fraud, though i am an accomplished professional, i am of the opinion that my 10 year GC is being delayed because i am currently under investigation.

I have written , called and tried all efforts to communicate with USCIS, but i keep being told that due to nature of my case, they cannot respond to me directly. Its been more than 2 years and by the end of this year, i will be due to file my citizenship.

I will like to request advice from  learned members on what my next steps and options are. I cant afford an attorney at the moment and i cherish the bond between me and my daughter, so leaving the country may not be an option. Thanks.

I cant see your timeline, something about duplicates... But could you write one down for us so we can help you better?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It seems odd , you are a member that means you posted pretty good . Why you didn't try to reconcile with your wife as long as there is a baby already.

Timeline

Its a very long story. I need not tell it here. But she wanted a divorce, some times I wonder , maybe she just wanted the baby, because she tried really hard to get me deported. Though she filed several criminal charges that would have had me deported , all were dismissed. Those charges are enough to scare a novice away from the country. I wish people can learn from my story, not all that glitters is Gold, look before you leap, people also use people for various reasons. If I never had a child with her, I would have been long gone. Now that I have a daughter, I need to be in her life, don't want her calling another man daddy, my ex never had a father in her life, not because her father was a dead beat, but because her mother also scared the hel out of him and even had him locked up, eventually he had to leave the country. I do not want my daughter to turn out that way. Now I am getting into parts of the story.

Timeline

The USCIS already has all court documents, including the dismissed charges. They have had everything since 2015. I just want to know what I can do at this point? How can I escalate the situation?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, IMANCO said:

The USCIS already has all court documents, including the dismissed charges. They have had everything since 2015. I just want to know what I can do at this point? How can I escalate the situation?

Have you tried your senators office?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry viewers, I have 2 profiles, I must have created this profile in the midst of confusion, but this is my time line. Imanco is Felix 1 thank you

Timeline
3 hours ago, NikLR said:

I cant see your timeline, something about duplicates... But could you write one down for us so we can help you better?

To answer you Q, THIS is my time line. sorry for the confusion

Timeline
Just now, Transborderwife said:

There should be a section on your local senators website

Is there a certain format for this, I feel this is dragging too long. Doe any one have experience with this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Google "U.S. Senators for ____" (your state -- Maryland?)

Go to their website

Complete & submit their privacy release (whatever they call it)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.