rcffrc

IR1/CR1 visa AOS package

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, just like everyone else I have been anticipating to get my visa interview schedule. But we got stuck with the AOS package, we sent our AOS last october 25 and they got it October 28. According to the nvc page on the web, we only have to waith 4 weeks to get a correspondence if they need more documents or if we missed some documents. But here we are now its mid January. We just called them the other day and said we missed to send my NBI clearance and my passport page copy. Well I got to be patient but then if we havent called them then we wont even know whats missing why they havent sent us any correspondence since we sent our AOS and paid everything the IV fee and AOS bill, submitted the DS 260 and 261. Please can anyone help us. Now the agent we called from the NVC said, he is going to email us the documents we need to send. but passed 3 days and never got any emails from them. today my husband called them again and the agent said we need to send the document and use the same cover sheet to Portsmouth but just got to change the writings on the "Attn. CMR AOS" and change it to "Attn. DR". Does anyone here have the same experience? Please let me know, Thank you... 

If I'm reading correctly they told you that you needed to still send in a copy of your police clearance and a copy of the bio page of your passport? I would gather those two documents than go on the CEAC website and print off another copy of the AOS cover sheet and send them all to the address they told you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The same happened to us, and NVC in RI screwed up. They sent us a letter in June that stated unequivocally NOT to send any further documents back to NVC but to take the additional country police clearance to the interview. We waited 6 weeks to hear from the embassy in Bangkok, who told us that our file was still at the NVC, and when we called the NVC they said they were waiting on the police clearance! When I read them the document they sent--they couldn't do anything but apologize. But, this put our interview back at least 3 months. Anyway, sorry that you're experiencing this problem. Patience...patience.

Thanks for your reply. 

Did you mean you sent them the additional files they needed like the police clearance and sent you the interview letter after 3 months?

In my case they said they created a checklist base on our AOS and the only documents I missed to send to them were my NBI clearance and passport copies, and if we havent called after 8 weeks of waiting for any correspondence we would not know about those documents that we missed. I just photopied my (NBI clearance and passport) and had my husband send it from the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.