i2017

CRBA Manila Checklist - Confusing Requirement: Original Passport PLUS Notarized Copy?

4 posts in this topic

ISSUE:

Under the "Blood Relationship" section, it says this:

"Evidence of the couple’s physical presence in the same location at the time of conception.

Please provide a notarized copy of the U.S. citizen’s passport (all pages) in lieu of the original. (Note: Documents should
be notarized by a U.S. commissioned notary or U.S. consular officer). Flight records and/or entry and exit records from a
country may also be helpful."

QUESTION:

1.  I plan to bring my ORIGINAL passport with me to the interview (the one have and will use to enter the country).  Do I still need to bring notarized copies of it?  If so, what is the point of this when I have the original?

Secondary Questions:

2.  If notarized copies are required, does "US Commissioned notary" include state licensed notaries, or must it be some type a federal official?

3.  Beyond the passport with entry/exit stamps (and notarized copies), should I bring more evidence?  I can print out the online bookings for the flight and hotels, but nothing that is certified or an original copy.

4.  It says "all pages" but I assume that I don't need notarized copies of the blank or irrelevant pages... just the bio page and pages with the entry/exit stamps when conception happened, correct? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, i2017 said:

ISSUE:

"Evidence of the couple’s physical presence in the same location at the time of conception.

Please provide a notarized copy of the U.S. citizen’s passport (all pages) in lieu of the original. (Note: Documents should
be notarized by a U.S. commissioned notary or U.S. consular officer). Flight records and/or entry and exit records from a

QUESTION:

1.  I plan to bring my ORIGINAL passport with me to the interview (the one have and will use to enter the country).  Do I still need to bring notarized copies of it?  If so, what is the point of this when I have the original?

Secondary Questions:

2.  If notarized copies are required, does "US Commissioned notary" include state licensed notaries, or must it be some type a federal official?

3.  Beyond the passport with entry/exit stamps (and notarized copies), should I bring more evidence?  I can print out the online bookings for the flight and hotels, but nothing that is certified or an original copy.

4.  It says "all pages" but I assume that I don't need notarized copies of the blank or irrelevant pages... just the bio page and pages with the entry/exit stamps when conception happened, correct? 

You are the USC and you will be filing the CRBA, then you can make copies of your passport and have the notary at your bank or where ever notarize this if you are in the States.    Logic says you being there with your passport would negate this... but when has the government been logical.  Besides they will want copies of evidence for their records, so give them copies and keep them happy.   If you are in the Phils, make copies and bring them with your, the CO can notarize them at your CRBA interview will be fine with that being you are there with the original passport.

Bookings are not evidence of you BEING there, just that you made a reservation.  Copies of boarding passes are evidence and you can have a notary put his stamp on the copies .. no issue.  Or bring the original and a copy to the CRBA interview.

ALL PAGES means all, blank or otherwise.  

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/01/2017 at 10:05 AM, i2017 said:

ISSUE:

QUESTION:

Secondary Questions:

You dont need notarized copy if you can present original. That's why it says "in lieu". This happens when the USC is in the US and the spouse/other parent is the one processing the CRBA for their child. 

Yes you can print out hotel and flight ticketa but they need to see that you were living together or were together when your wife git pregnant. If not, it's likely they will ask for DNA test. Happend to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.