Satisfied

Dylann Roof Sentenced To Death

44 posts in this topic

Hopefully it will be soon also . I bet if it happened in the next year and he was smoked on pay per view a lot of the wannabe would not think it's so cool. Use the pay per view profits for the victims family. A win win for all. 

Edited by Nature Boy Flair

I understand.  I just don't see the purpose of him spending the next 60 years in prison while our tax dollars pay for him to have a better QOL than some of us who work for a living are able to attain.

38 minutes ago, OriZ said:

Sorry folks, still not my cup of tea punishment.

2 hours ago, IDWAF said:

I understand.  I just don't see the purpose of him spending the next 60 years in prison while our tax dollars pay for him to have a better QOL than some of us who work for a living are able to attain.

Well, the problem is cases with death penalty actually end up costing more than those without.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

1 hour ago, OriZ said:

Well, the problem is cases with death penalty actually end up costing more than those without.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Not buying that white noise.  

Excluding state prison costs, the study found, cases that result in death sentences may be three to four times more expensive.

How much does it cost annually to house, feed, entertain, and provide medical care for a lifer?  Dunno.  But it has to be a lot.  Execute those convicted within 90 days of the sentence being handed down, and suddenly the cost stops right there for that one inmate.  And if we continue to house criminals for life, we will need to keep building more prisons.  More expense.  

Same with the nonsense of the drugs being used to kill them being ridiculously expensive, and the reluctance to use expired drugs.  As if it matters.   Dead is dead, even if the chemicals are a few months out of date.  

12 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

Not buying that white noise.  

How much does it cost annually to house, feed, entertain, and provide medical care for a lifer?  Dunno.  But it has to be a lot.  Execute those convicted within 90 days of the sentence being handed down, and suddenly the cost stops right there for that one inmate.  And if we continue to house criminals for life, we will need to keep building more prisons.  More expense.  

Same with the nonsense of the drugs being used to kill them being ridiculously expensive, and the reluctance to use expired drugs.  As if it matters.   Dead is dead, even if the chemicals are a few months out of date.  

Well, you can't really do that. Appeals take time and everyone deserves to appeal. 

And as it is those drugs don't really seem reliable to me and have taken way too long to kill some people. 

A post has been removed, and administrative action applied, for violation of this TOS provision:  "Attempt to bypass the Forums language filter through the use of alternative characters to spell profanities or through the posting of images containing profanity."

2 hours ago, OriZ said:

Well, you can't really do that. Appeals take time and everyone deserves to appeal. 

And as it is those drugs don't really seem reliable to me and have taken way too long to kill some people. 

I agree.  A bullet is much cheaper, and doesn't take nearly so long, if the gun is aimed properly. ;)

9 hours ago, OriZ said:

There are appealable cases and cases that are clear.  

I believe the clear ones with a grinning confession and multiple witnesses and a smoking murder weapon all wrapped up in the same time and place in a neat and complete package can be streamlined.  This is one of those cases.