evalili

i 601 wavier extreme hardship

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, evalili said:

well, he is also providing financial care for her too, because his dad is in prison, so if he can prove that he will suffer financial hardship if I am made inadmissible, then the USCIS will consider that?

I'm uncertain.  All that you can do is try.  I'd avoid mentioning that he's lived in hong kong though

The USCIS has record that he wasn't in the US for three years because he was here.

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-12-08

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-11

Approved : 2016-08-24

NVC

NVC Received : 2016-10-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2016-11-01

Submit DS-261 : 2016-10-15

Receive IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Pay IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Send IV Package : 2016-11-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2016-11-04

NVC Left : 2016-11-11

US Embassy

Consulate Received : 2016-11-11

Interview Date : 2017-01-10

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, evalili said:

The USCIS has record that he wasn't in the US for three years because he was here.

Understandable.  It just lessens the hardship sometimes.  Gather everything you can.  Wishing you the best of luck 

My attorney just got back to me, his mother's case would help, because my husband can prove that he will experience financial hardship if I don't come back!!

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-12-08

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-11

Approved : 2016-08-24

NVC

NVC Received : 2016-10-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2016-11-01

Submit DS-261 : 2016-10-15

Receive IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Pay IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Send IV Package : 2016-11-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2016-11-04

NVC Left : 2016-11-11

US Embassy

Consulate Received : 2016-11-11

Interview Date : 2017-01-10

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, evalili said:

Yes I know. the I-601 form, a letter from my husband, a birth certificate from him proving relationship with his mother, his mother's doctors' notes and a letter from her too.

Way more than this will be needed.  Please contact Lizz Cannon.  She is a very reputable immigration attorney who specializes in waivers.  She gives free consults.

58 minutes ago, evalili said:

My husband currently is living with his mother, and she has just gotten cancer treatment, so the proof would be that I will need to be around her all the time to provide care. She is also indicating that she will need my help to take care of her 2 children who are under 18, because she can't take care of herself well enough.

My husband is also providing a letter saying that he needs me there to be with him, because he is concern about the political issues that he experience while he lived in Hong Kong with me, as well as other reasons.

Yes, this is a valid hardship.  I used a similar one.  It matters that HE will need to remain in the USA to care for her not you.  Many people get confused regarding hardships for waivers.  The waiver is for the beneficiary yes BUT the hardship has to be proven on the USC.  The USC must prove that there are valid reasons it would cause a hardship for them to leave the USA and live in the foreign beneficiary's country.  It will take proof, not just letters written by your husband....Doctor's reports, prescription orders, hospital records, actual documentation to prove this.  Waivers are much more than mere letters and the I-601 application form. And actually some of the things you mentioned of what your husband will say in his letter, should really be put into the waiver brief.  His letter should be more of a focus on your relationship/marriage.  Please contact Lizz Cannon as she is expert with this.  Feel free to private msg me also.  Our I-601 waiver was approved in May 2016.

Edited by LionessDeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.