ShanghaiSurfer

Medical - Disease Found

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm assuming your asking a hypothetical question or are you really worried about finding a disease? Probable the majority of people have issues with passing TB because it can show up even if you are not actively affected by it.

In London they forward results straight onto the embassy and also inform you if you have anything that needs addressing.

Regardless of that, they send the medical results onto the embassy.

You're obviously nervous about something showing up on your examination, so you could've just got a separate test a few weeks before the exam and cleared up any medical concerns you may have. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

They can if they see something that can be treated / a spot on the lungs of my husband was seen and needed 2 weeks of treatment before medical was passed

since he is from a country where the TB is high they look for any thing that may incicate a problem such as this.  HIs, forunately, was an infection and treatment took care of the problem

That's good to know and happy your husband is healthy now. So how did it effect his interview? Did they just take the results after treatment?

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Timeline
3 hours ago, javadown2 said:

I'm assuming your asking a hypothetical question or are you really worried about finding a disease? Probable the majority of people have issues with passing TB because it can show up even if you are not actively affected by it.

Yes I'm just asking a hypothetical question as I assume if they do find something it could delay the visa by several weeks. Just trying to plan the k1 process as best as possible including taking into account any possible delays no matter how remote. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, BenjaminKeating said:

In London they forward results straight onto the embassy and also inform you if you have anything that needs addressing.

Regardless of that, they send the medical results onto the embassy.

You're obviously nervous about something showing up on your examination, so you could've just got a separate test a few weeks before the exam and cleared up any medical concerns you may have. 

Actually we are both healthy. I'm just preparing for all possibilities that may delay a k1 visa. If I was worried about our health I would see a physician straight away. I would encourage anybody who is not healthy to see a doctor. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kumar01 said:

If the physician finds any "inadmissible" conditions such as Class A or Class B diseases/conditions, then they're required to send the results directly to the consulate. I'm assuming, since you were handed the results, that you're not going to face problems. 

I think that's okay but I'm assuming it doesn't affect your interview if you do the following:

1) Cure medical issue

2) Retake Medical Exam

3) New results given to Consulate 

4) New Interview Scheduled

Hopefully others who do find a problem can refer to this thread, 

On 1/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, ShanghaiSurfer said:

I've looked through many threads trying to find out the process if you fail the medical exam. I haven't been able to find an answer to my question. If they find a problem during the medical exam does the Doctor inform you or just put the results in the sealed brown envelope and you get a "nice" surprise during the interview.

I find it hard to believe they would let you walk around with a disease or medical issue without informing you. And if so does it make sense to get a physical done before you even go through the official medical process?

Hey there! I just got my medical results yesterday and it was in a sealed brown envelope as what was mentioned above. I wanted to know the results if I passed so I asked the nurse if I did, and she told me that the doctor would call if I failed it, and because I did not get any call at all, it means I passed. I am processing the Visa here in UAE, I am just not sure with other countries. Hope this helps! :) 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.