mocha.g

I129F Petition in Process, Beneficiary's Passport will expire in 15 Months

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone has been in a situation similar to us. I-129F petition was filed last year and NOA1 was Feb 01, 2016. To date, we are still waiting for NOA2. Beneficiary's passport will expire on March 2018. She wants to look for a job outside her country of citizenship and employers require that her passport be at least 2 years valid from the time of deployment. She wants to renew her passport but hesitant because of the ongoing petition using her current passport. Will a new passport number delay the process further at the USCIS? ñ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

I am just wondering how come your case is taking too long? Since Feb 1st, 2016 you have not heard fromUSCIS? If you had no issues then you should have your NOA2 in three months or so, that means by May or June of last year. 

When applying for K1 Visa her passport has to be at least with 6 months Validity prior to expiration. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mmagic said:

I am just wondering how come your case is taking too long? Since Feb 1st, 2016 you have not heard fromUSCIS? If you had no issues then you should have your NOA2 in three months or so, that means by May or June of last year. 

When applying for K1 Visa her passport has to be at least with 6 months Validity prior to expiration. 

The time has left us wondering and desperate as well. we made service request in August and October, ONPT, on both ocasions the reply was "pending security check". On Nov. 30, 2016, they have mailed an RFE. We replied immeadiately and on the USCIS website online status, it says they received our response to their RFE on December 14, 2016. There was no mention when we will hear from them again. We both do not have any brush ups with the law. A speeding ticket for the petitioner and nothing more. Do you have any idea about the prescribed processing time from the time they receive the reply to RFE until they make a decision or give an update? Its been a terrible long period of waiting. Beneficiary has given up opportunities to work elsewhere in consideration of the time required to file a vacation and have sufficient time to gather documents required for the embassy interview, should the petition be approved. Thanks for your reply and sorry for my outburst.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, mocha.g said:

The time has left us wondering and desperate as well. we made service request in August and October, ONPT, on both ocasions the reply was "pending security check". On Nov. 30, 2016, they have mailed an RFE. We replied immeadiately and on the USCIS website online status, it says they received our response to their RFE on December 14, 2016. There was no mention when we will hear from them again. We both do not have any brush ups with the law. A speeding ticket for the petitioner and nothing more. Do you have any idea about the prescribed processing time from the time they receive the reply to RFE until they make a decision or give an update? Its been a terrible long period of waiting. Beneficiary has given up opportunities to work elsewhere in consideration of the time required to file a vacation and have sufficient time to gather documents required for the embassy interview, should the petition be approved. Thanks for your reply and sorry for my outburst.

Well, let me say at least this is a good news meaning your petition is still active. 41 days ago they sent you RFE, Dec, 14th 2016 it showed they have received your reply to the RFE, 25 days ago. I think they are working on your petition and is should be in the final stage for making the decision which I think approval. What was the RFE for? Definitely holding a petition since Feb 2016 until they requested RFE is a long time, but I could be wrong if there were some security issues involved. Either way, your fiance sooner or later she will need to renew her passport, so I suggest she do that which might be much easier to do in her own country than doing it later whether she is in the US or somewhere else. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Your approval will come soon,so hang in there,they usually approve after receiving the RFE reply,in our case,2 weeks..if you get approved this January,she wont need to renew her passport,assuming you guys scheduled her interview sometime in april,she will still have 11 months left before her passport expires,so shes good..good luck,hope you get good news soon.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mmagic said:

Well, let me say at least this is a good news meaning your petition is still active. 41 days ago they sent you RFE, Dec, 14th 2016 it showed they have received your reply to the RFE, 25 days ago. I think they are working on your petition and is should be in the final stage for making the decision which I think approval. What was the RFE for? Definitely holding a petition since Feb 2016 until they requested RFE is a long time, but I could be wrong if there were some security issues involved. Either way, your fiance sooner or later she will need to renew her passport, so I suggest she do that which might be much easier to do in her own country than doing it later whether she is in the US or somewhere else.

RFE is letter of intent to marry from beneficiary. We acted on it quickly and sent a scanned copy of the notarized letter to our immigration lawyer. I wish i could think of a security issue but i really cant think of anything. The timing of renewal leaves us frozen...whether to do it now or wait for approval. 

Thanks again. The long wait is beginning to shake up our relationship..she has given up work opportunity in Bahrain..i stopped her from taking it up. If she went for it her contract will be over soon and still waiting.

Timeline
7 hours ago, DanniColes said:

Your approval will come soon,so hang in there,they usually approve after receiving the RFE reply,in our case,2 weeks..if you get approved this January,she wont need to renew her passport,assuming you guys scheduled her interview sometime in april,she will still have 11 months left before her passport expires,so shes good..good luck,hope you get good news soon.

Thanks so much. I've seen people get approved in 3 days, 7 days, 9days after their reply to rfe was received. Sometimes it hurts to think on what ground are they delaying the papers.Beneficiary has a college degree and 16 years of experience working as clinical laboratory scientist under her belt. She's not going to be a public charge.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.