abispo

Do I need Medical report from my GP for Medical?

31 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Gary JT said:

Do you need hepatitis shots before going to medical,any info would be appreciated ☺️

Are you over the age of 18? If so then no you don't require anything related to hepatitis.

You can find the list of shots for adults listed on page one of this thread.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2015/11/vaccine_chart.pdf

EDIT: No Hep shots required. Hope this link helps :)

Edited by Absolutely

• 7 months later...
On 1/12/2017 at 5:12 PM, Zoe_Doodah said:

But there is actually something called a medical records summary which you can either print off yourself if you have a Patient Access account or ask your GP to print off for you. I didn't know it existed either until this process, I had to ask on here, and a kind member pointed me towards what I needed to ask for at my GP. Unless you have opted out by letter, everyone has one of these, regardless of whether you have any past or ongoing health conditions. If you have nothing then it will say so. It will also state what medication you are on and if you're not on any, it will state that also. I thought this is what Benticks were referring to in their e mail. 

I know this post is old but I'm concerned about my husband's health summary he got from his gp. It only says on going illnesses..excema and tremors. Does he need a note to explain this now and treatment etc- for eczema he moisturizes ...so do I really need a letter to say That?

Also, on his summary it doesn't say anything from his history- he's had bells palsy, tonsilitis, depression  etc. And none of that is on there at all. Are they assuming he is going to just tell them then? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
18 minutes ago, kimberlysim said:

I know this post is old but I'm concerned about my husband's health summary he got from his gp. It only says on going illnesses..excema and tremors. Does he need a note to explain this now and treatment etc- for eczema he moisturizes ...so do I really need a letter to say That?

Also, on his summary it doesn't say anything from his history- he's had bells palsy, tonsilitis, depression  etc. And none of that is on there at all. Are they assuming he is going to just tell them then? 

You keep adding on the illnesses and conditions. First it was only tonsillectomy. Basically anything on that medical questionnaire that is a "yes" will likely need further explanation from his medical doctor.  So go over the questionnaire and see what will be a yes answer. Then get the doctor to address when, treatment/surgery, ongoing meds, and prognososis for each. It's not so much a "letter" as in Dear Knightsbridge clinic, but just a brief statement addressing surgeries, mental health issues, and conditions that require(d) meds or treatment. 

Be aware any admission of depression by him will require a statement from his doctor to include the magic immigration words "has never been a threat to himself or others". That is very important.

They will also grill him on use of illegal drugs. Even admission of one use 20 years ago will result in a drug urine test (extra cost) and go on the record. 

Edited by Wuozopo

11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You keep adding on the illnesses and conditions. First it was only tonsillectomy. Basically anything on that medical questionnaire that is a "yes" will likely need further explanation from his medical doctor.  So go over the questionnaire and see what will be a yes answer. Then get the doctor to address when, treatment/surgery, ongoing meds, and prognososis for each. It's not so much a "letter" as in Dear Knightsbridge clinic, but just a brief statement addressing surgeries, mental health issues, and conditions that require(d) meds or treatment. 

Be aware any admission of depression by him will require a statement from his doctor to include the magic immigration words "has never been a threat to himself or others". That is very important.

They will also grill him on use of illegal drugs. Even admission of one use 20 years ago will result in a drug urine test (extra cost) and go on the record. 

Not meaning to add on illnesss. My first concern was about his surgery and how to get this info and what to do if his GP has no record. 

I genuinely forgot about his bells palsy episode as it was before we were together.

His depression on the other hand is a tricky one. He wanted to see what his summary said and if it was on there he would get a letter . now that it is not he only wants to disclose what is on his patient summary... I am telling him he needs to disclose it and get a letter but since it is not on his summary he is like "why should I tell them how would they know" because he read some horror story online about someone being denied bc of it. I read the magic words for the letter on another thread on hete and I have stressed those to him for his GP 

It is all coming out a bit confusing and chaotic as I am only getting the info from him not his gp so I have no idea what they are thinking he is asking for etc and researching and posting on here in between back to back all day meetings. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had no medical history at all so does this mean that i do not need to get a summary from my GP? I've read it's new to this list of things you need to take with you but with me having no medical history (apart from going to the GP because of the flu/problems that can be treated with antibiotics) do i really need to get a summary from him? 

I called them today and i told them i may need one and they said i have to send a letter to my doctor requesting one and it may cost me £50. Has anyone else has anything like this, telling you it will cost you just to get a Summary from your GP? 

just double checking here! 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

I have paid £16 for a brief summary of my medical notes, I'm taking them with me and if they ask for them I will show them, if not I won't... I just think it's best to be safe rather than holding up what is already an extremely long and arduous journey, for the sake of a few quid get the notes.

1 minute ago, Tristan1978 said:

I have paid £16 for a brief summary of my medical notes, I'm taking them with me and if they ask for them I will show them, if not I won't... I just think it's best to be safe rather than holding up what is already an extremely long and arduous journey, for the sake of a few quid get the notes.

That's what i'm thinking, just get them anyways to know i have them even if they're not needed! My question for you is, what did you ask from your GP? Did you ask him for Medical records or Summary or something else? Not sure if what i said to them on the phone got them confused on what i'm wanting with them coming back to me and telling me a price of £50 if you've only paid £16.. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Emeryx said:

That's what i'm thinking, just get them anyways to know i have them even if they're not needed! My question for you is, what did you ask from your GP? Did you ask him for Medical records or Summary or something else? Not sure if what i said to them on the phone got them confused on what i'm wanting with them coming back to me and telling me a price of £50 if you've only paid £16.. 

Ask if they have a report on NHS that just generates and prints out without taking doctor time to write something. The point being, if you had issues, things would show up in the summary. If it's pretty blank, then Knightsbridge knows you're being accurate when you say you've had no issues. 

37 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Ask if they have a report on NHS that just generates and prints out without taking doctor time to write something. The point being, if you had issues, things would show up in the summary. If it's pretty blank, then Knightsbridge knows you're being accurate when you say you've had no issues. 

My notes were a print out, I did make it clear I needed a brief summary and not my full medical history... just two A4 pages. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

My notes were a print out, I did make it clear I needed a brief summary and not my full medical history... just two A4 pages. 

Sorry, I got lost. That was meant for Emeryx to ask for a printout.

Had my medical last Monday. Please see my post www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/659633-medical-or-how-things-go-wrong/ for the latest requirements, which does include a summary of your medical history.

Update: I got my summary records today from my GP. I called them back and told them i needed my summary records and they said they thought that's what i meant as my 'Medical records' would be a lot of pages... 

It cost me £5 to get my summary records in the end. There was no problem. 

Edited by Emeryx

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

• 11 months later...

Just a quick question: 

Does the physician Doctor keep the medical report from GP or do they send it off to the Embassy, because I thought I was suppose to get that back but my physician kept it .. did they forget to give it to me or do they keep and pass onto the embassy?

Thanks in advance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Silver12 said:

Just a quick question: 

Does the physician Doctor keep the medical report from GP or do they send it off to the Embassy, because I thought I was suppose to get that back but my physician kept it .. did they forget to give it to me or do they keep and pass onto the embassy?

Thanks in advance 

They were suppose to make copy and give you the original. I guess they just kept it thinking you don't really need it as you didn't ask it back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.