Jump to content

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I had my K1 approved in April, moved to the States in June, married in July, applied for AOS in August. My I-485 hasn't been approved yet but my EAD expires in March. USCIS states that application to extend the EAD should be made 90 days prior to the expiration date. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary because there's no telling when the AOS will come through and I've only just received my EAD! Should I apply for the extension or wait? I just don't know. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good for a year from K1 approval and obviously I only had iyhe EADapproved in November and the expiration date is March 2017. So in theory I need to apply now to have it extended! It's crazy.

Edited by slimbolina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimbolina said:

It's good for a year from K1 approval and obviously I only had iyhe EADapproved in November and the expiration date is March 2017. So in theory I need to apply now to have it extended! It's crazy.

Didn't you apply for the EAD with the AOS. Package? Then it should be good for a year from approvel date of the EAD. Seems really weird. 

 

But apply for renewal so you won't be without. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Didn't you apply for the EAD with the AOS. Package? Then it should be good for a year from approvel date of the EAD. Seems really weird. 

 

But apply for renewal so you won't be without. 

Yep, applied for it all together in August but that's the date they've printed on it so I guess I'll just have to have it extended already. I have a job too so I must not let it expire. And yes, it's an error I think as I would have thought it would expire in November 2017, a year from approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, slimbolina said:

Yep, applied for it all together in August but that's the date they've printed on it so I guess I'll just have to have it extended already. I have a job too so I must not let it expire. And yes, it's an error I think as I would have thought it would expire in November 2017, a year from approval.

Yeah exactly you don't want to be without when you have a job! ... Hopefully the GC will be approved before there but better save then sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11/03 is NOT 11th of March..... I'm so embarrassed right now!  :bonk:

 

I could have not said anything but it's worth a laugh at my incredible brain fart yesterday, right!!

 

JUST as USCIS answered my call and I gave my receipt number I realised what I'd done and I told her, she found it too funny also, but whilst I had her on the phone I had her look up my I-485 and basically I have to wait until August 2017 to call back, which is standard and what I expected but I said I'd make use of her since she answered the phone to me!!

 

All in all, a good morning ha!

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slimbolina said:

11/03 is NOT 11th of March..... I'm so embarrassed right now!  :bonk:

 

I could have not said anything but it's worth a laugh at my incredible brain fart yesterday, right!!

 

JUST as USCIS answered my call and I gave my receipt number I realised what I'd done and I told her, she found it too funny also, but whilst I had her on the phone I had her look up my I-485 and basically I have to wait until August 2017 to call back, which is standard and what I expected but I said I'd make use of her since she answered the phone to me!!

 

All in all, a good morning ha!

 

:lol:

Happy for you it worked out ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×