Banzi

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY, DENIED AT LAGOS. THANKS

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, caliliving said:

I do not think he got a misrepresentation ban because he said they met thru a friend vs meeting online..

Nigeria is the hardest embassay! They just used your lie to deny you. They figured you are trying to scam her.

You should have more visits, longer visits and apply for a cr1

This "lie" was probably just a red flag in your application...no one else knows what else was in the application 

How old are you? How old is your spouse? How many visits have you had?

Thanks very much for your opinion 

2 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

If we are so bad, why do you still want to come here and do business with us, besides I'm not going to the US because of US, I'm going there to be with my fiancé 

Well...you hope to go there. The likelihood of that actually occurring isn't great, and certainly isn't in the near future.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mannyking said:

Oh good, back to the topic, its nice for you to say that, it would be nice if you understand our situation and want to help or just rather not say anything, it's as simple as that, we know a lot of people are very blunt, but when you jump into condemning or judging someone, remember you too make mistakes, lie and get caught at the end and want to right as constantly as you can. If we wanted to stick to the initial lie, we would have but we realized the lie got us killed the first time and wanted to make things right but it repeated again

And there's consequences with those lies.  My husband and I initially met on a hookup site.  That was definitely embarrassing to put but didn't want to lie.

Oh good, back to the topic, its nice for you to say that, it would be nice if you understand our situation and want to help or just rather not say anything, it's as simple as that, we know a lot of people are very blunt, but when you jump into condemning or judging someone, remember you too make mistakes, lie and get caught at the end and want to right as constantly as you can. If we wanted to stick to the initial lie, we would have but we realized the lie got us killed the first time and wanted to make things right but it repeated again

It's good that you didn't repeat the lie. But we're telling you that your truth now does not undo your past lie. It's documented, and anybody in immigration is not likely to take what you say as truthful now. This isn't telling a fib to a friend...it's a serious immigration offense.

Back to the topic...what else do you need to know? I think you've been provided with the various options still available to you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
6 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's good that you didn't repeat the lie. But we're telling you that your truth now does not undo your past lie. It's documented, and anybody in immigration is not likely to take what you say as truthful now. This isn't telling a fib to a friend...it's a serious immigration offense.

Back to the topic...what else do you need to know? I think you've been provided with the various options still available to you.

What is the better option to go with, since it's our case is still hanging there at the embassy and shows "Administrative processing" on their site for our case 

It will be send back soon to the USCIS, left to expire since they recommended revoke. You can try the CR-1 route but chances are small.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

What is the better option to go with, since it's our case is still hanging there at the embassy and shows "Administrative processing" on their site for our case 

Hard to say as all options to immigrate to the US are low risk for you right now. You can try another K-1 but it's unlikely to succeed. You can meet again and marry then go for the CR-1...get denied...then try for a waiver. IMHO it's not a high chance of success, but better than the K-1.

Or you can look at having your fiance immigrate to you.

I do not believe the K-1 has a waiver that you can use, but you're free to seek a legal professional to confirm this.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
41 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Why not have your fiancee come to you?  What's wrong with Nigeria?

If she wanted to come to me in Nigeria, we would never have applied then. She has kids who are still in school and depend on her for support, who will do that when she moves here?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Hard to say as all options to immigrate to the US are low risk for you right now. You can try another K-1 but it's unlikely to succeed. You can meet again and marry then go for the CR-1...get denied...then try for a waiver. IMHO it's not a high chance of success, but better than the K-1.

Or you can look at having your fiance immigrate to you.

I do not believe the K-1 has a waiver that you can use, but you're free to seek a legal professional to confirm this.

Thank you very much for your opinion 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Nigeria is a country with a LOT of problems..that is why you want to emigrate to the USA. A CR1

If she wanted to come to me in Nigeria, we would never have applied then. She has kids who are still in school and depend on her for support, who will do that when she moves here?

That is your option now it seems? With the $$ you will spend for attorney fees, travel etc, she should come to your country...

3 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

Wow, that is the craziest statement I HAVE EVER READ ON VJ!  Who will support her and her children in Nigeria?  HOW ABOUT YOU???!!!  OMG!!!  You have got to be joking!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Wow, that is the craziest statement I HAVE EVER READ ON VJ!  Who will support her and her children in Nigeria?  HOW ABOUT YOU???!!!  OMG!!!  You have got to be joking!!!

Exactly....I smell a scam here. LOL

One lie always covers another one. The Embassy did the right thing to refuse you.

7 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

I am pretty sure he meant who would support the children, he stated they are in school if the father would not allow them to immigrate or their mother did not feel them immigrating to Nigeria would be good for them and she had to leave them behind who would support them?  My husband is from Nigeria if he had been denied his visa immigrating there would not have been an option, I too have young children who I could not justify taking them from the US.  

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

Well, the guy who made me write left the topic and started talking about Nigeria. That's ignorance 

manny just go over your options and talk to your fiance , make posts when u have questions in the future this post went out of hand fast

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.