Banzi

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY, DENIED AT LAGOS. THANKS

94 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

I and my fiancé wrote on our k1 visa story that we met on an online dating site, so that's true enough 

Yeah but you lied in the tourist visa application, so for all they know you're lying again. You have a history of lying to the US government. Other people have explained this and you're not understanding. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A petition would not be revoked just for Misrepresentation. I am not saying that was not a factor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, but you were not honest in a prior visa interview.  Therein lies the problem.  Just because you decided to come clean now does not mean the Embassy/USCIS will forgive and forget.  I am totally sure you realize that so going back and forth with semantics is a waste of time at this point.

Consult with a good immigration lawyer.  Re-evaluate your relationship and other possible living situations.  

Waiver filing alone is $930 + lawyer fees ($3,000 - $10,000) plus all the CR1 costs.  You and your fiance have alot to discuss.  

Edited by LionessDeon

5 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

I and my fiancé wrote on our k1 visa story that we met on an online dating site, so that's true enough 

You refuse to look at what you are saying.  You LIED on your tourist application and now you are TELLING THE TRUTH on you K-1?  How is it "Enough" that you are supposedly telling the truth now?  If I weren't so suspicious of Nigeria (80-90% of all worldwide email scams, check scams, etc, come out of Nigeria) If I were a CO I might think you are scamming this poor woman and perhaps you never intended on marrying her. Perhaps you are already married to someone else in Nigeria?  How the heck am I supposed to know what the truth is at this point?  Has anyone sent any money yet?  Is she supporting you and your family yet? I'm sorry but YOU are the very reason that Nigeria denies Visas all day long.  Liers, liers, liers.  No offense intended but it's the truth.  I hope the woman you "might be scamming" gets to read this but I doubt it.  Of course, I am not saying you are scamming anyone but you did attempt to scam the US Government when you lied and got your "fiancé" to conspire in the lie with you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

You refuse to look at what you are saying.  You LIED on your tourist application and now you are TELLING THE TRUTH on you K-1?  How is it "Enough" that you are supposedly telling the truth now?  If I weren't so suspicious of Nigeria (80-90% of all worldwide email scams, check scams, etc, come out of Nigeria) If I were a CO I might think you are scamming this poor woman and perhaps you never intended on marrying her. Perhaps you are already married to someone else in Nigeria?  How the heck am I supposed to know what the truth is at this point?  Has anyone sent any money yet?  Is she supporting you and your family yet? I'm sorry but YOU are the very reason that Nigeria denies Visas all day long.  Liers, liers, liers.  No offense intended but it's the truth.  I hope the woman you "might be scamming" gets to read this but I doubt it.  Of course, I am not saying you are scamming anyone but you did attempt to scam the US Government when you lied and got your "fiancé" to conspire in the lie with you.

No offence taken.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

First of all, I never scammed anyone, not even the US government. She was so worried that I might get denied for my tourist visa since she was unable to visit me due to her health, her doctor recommended that she should not travel at that time, I was disappointed, so we decided I rather visit her since it's was during the holiday, we started researching why people were denied and looking our chances of spending time together. She even suggested we say we met through a friend, we just never knew either way was going to get us killed, we had to wait for another 3 months after her doctor cleared her to travel before she had to travel to Nigeria. The road was never planned. You should hear people's story and understand them rather than judge them for their misfortune and mistakes 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

A petition would not be revoked just for Misrepresentation. I am not saying that was not a factor.

It shows on our status that it's going through administrative processing 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, kingjulian said:

Im sorry to say but you're being dump and refusing to accept that what you did was wrong...better luck in your journey 

I do accept full responsibility for what has happened. All I need is advices on how to go on the next step. It shows "Administrative processing" on our status 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I do not think he got a misrepresentation ban because he said they met thru a friend vs meeting online..

Nigeria is the hardest embassay! They just used your lie to deny you. They figured you are trying to scam her.

You should have more visits, longer visits and apply for a cr1

This "lie" was probably just a red flag in your application...no one else knows what else was in the application 

How old are you? How old is your spouse? How many visits have you had?

Edited by caliliving

Timeline
9 minutes ago, caliliving said:

I do not think he got a misrepresentation ban because he said they met thru a friend vs meeting online..

Nigeria is the hardest embassay! They just used your lie to deny you. They figured you are trying to scam her.

You should have more visits, longer visits and apply for a cr1

This "lie" was probably just a red flag in your application...no one else knows what else was in the application 

How old are you? How old is your spouse? How many visits have you had?

She's 2 years older and she visited twice

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ketsuban said:

Yeah but you lied in the tourist visa application, so for all they know you're lying again. You have a history of lying to the US government. Other people have explained this and you're not understanding. 

I have a history of a lie, not history of lying. I do understand this 

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Mannyking said:

Well thanks for your contributions. Any other suggestions?

I can see why you would not like the answers you are getting but, please do not ask members to find an answer for you that would try to find a way around your dilemma other than the ones already given. It is a violation of ToS. I suggest you find out first of all if there is a ban on you for the misrepresentation. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Just now, Mannyking said:

If we are so bad, we do you still want to come here and do business with us then rob, besides I'm not going to the US because of US, I'm going there to be with my fiancé 

Why not have your fiancee come to you?  What's wrong with Nigeria?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mannyking said:

If we are so bad, we do you still want to come here and do business with us then rob, besides I'm not going to the US because of US, I'm going there to be with my fiancé 

At this point it looks like you'd more likely have your fiancé come to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.