Banzi

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY, DENIED AT LAGOS. THANKS

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I would say have her move to Nigeria if you two really want to be there but I could never make the recommendation if the children were forced to move two. this might be one of those tough situations where the mother have to suck it up and do what is best for her children and not necessarily what she wants.

making a child move cities is hard but move across the ocean to a country that does not speak thier language is too rough. and on top of that they will be young impressionable american woman who would be prime targets for people trying to get green cards.

I find it funny how people think its ok to lie and then say, "Don't you say you never lied!" Believe me, we all probably did a little lie for our own goods OUTSIDE the immigration process. Like to your boss, as I had to do until I had my K1 visa in hand so I could quit but at least have a job until moving. Then yes, I lied but I honestly find it very disturbing how you think because you lied to immigration, we probably all did tell a small lie or left out important details.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

It's considered because you are a liar.  

If someone lies to you, would you trust them again?

How will you prove that you now telling the truth?  How does the US Embassy determine when you are lying and when you are not?  

Do you think lying under penalty of perjury on a legal document should be forgiven so easily?  There should be no punishment for lying?

What do you think your punishment should be for lying on a legal application?

There was no lie on any legal document 

48 minutes ago, f f said:

I would say have her move to Nigeria if you two really want to be there but I could never make the recommendation if the children were forced to move two. this might be one of those tough situations where the mother have to suck it up and do what is best for her children and not necessarily what she wants.

making a child move cities is hard but move across the ocean to a country that does not speak thier language is too rough. and on top of that they will be young impressionable american woman who would be prime targets for people trying to get green cards.

I agree with this.

People keep saying move to Nigeria, but it's not him that has to move, it's his fiance and her two children. I don't think I could personally do it, because at the end of the day my child comes first. I would want to say "even if it was my husband" but I know my husband wouldn't lie on an application out of desperation, no matter the situation because he's understood the gravity of the consequences.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

2 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

You lied to an immigration officer.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

5 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

When you do those interviews, you swear that everything you say is truthful. You have lied to a federal agent. People get arrested for less than that.  They type in the reason why you say you want to go into their system, a reason you said while saying all of everything you are saying is true. If there was no documentation of it, they wouldn't have seen it and went "oh hey, he lied". USCIS and immigration is HEAVILY documented, they type in all of your answers, and they all have access to your past interviews. Even lying once, can hurt all interviews going forward because they can and will see that you are willing to lie when you are stating everything is correct and truthful.

With that said, you have all your answers. You can either chase another K-1 visa and most likely be denied again, You can have your fiance come to Nigeria and marry you then do a CR-1 and hope that the lie doesn't hurt you, or your fiance can move herself and her kids to Nigeria. Those are the options.

Edited by Ash.1101

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

I agree with this.

People keep saying move to Nigeria, but it's not him that has to move, it's his fiance and her two children. I don't think I could personally do it, because at the end of the day my child comes first. I would want to say "even if it was my husband" but I know my husband wouldn't lie on an application out of desperation, no matter the situation because he's understood the gravity of the consequences.

Before I applied for the tourist visa, I and my fiancé were looking online why people got denied and we saw that a lot of people who met online we denied straight because they believed there was no legitimacy because they haven't met face to face, then introduced my friend who lives in Atlanta to my fiancé and decided we should say we met through my friend who lives in Atlanta 

Just now, Mannyking said:

Before I applied for the tourist visa, I and my fiancé were looking online why people got denied and we saw that a lot of people who met online we denied straight because they believed there was no legitimacy because they haven't met face to face, then introduced my friend who lives in Atlanta to my fiancé and decided we should say we met through my friend who lives in Atlanta 

There is NEVER a reason to lie in the immigration process (and some would say in life in general). Nigeria likes to deny people on a normal basis for all visas, adding a lie into it, that's just sabotaging any future chance you may have had.

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

8 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

You lied to an immigration officer.

^^^This.

7 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

When you do those interviews, you swear that everything you say is truthful. By lying under oath, you have lied to a federal agent as they type in the reason why you say you want to go into their system, a reason you said while saying all of everything you are saying is true. 

^^^ And this.

OP, you still haven't taken my advice to own up to your actions and accept the consequences.

Edited to add: There are people who have used drugs in the past and know they will get a 1 year ban yet still make the decision to NOT lie. 

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

5 minutes ago, Mannyking said:

And there was your mistake. You decided to lie. You got caught and are now paying the consequences. I think you have all the info you need on the next options available to you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

when it comes to research your better off researching the current year of when your filing , and also a simple post asking about your certain concern would of been perfect because im sure noone on here would tell you to lie , if i had seen that post me and others would of just said to tell the truth.

the 3 options you have , are already been said 

Just now, Mannyking said:

It's still a lie.  Your excuse does not change that. People from your country who have tried to pull such tricks are the reason you are known as  a high fraud country! How do you think they got that reputation? 

And, you are wrong. Many many people on Visa journey have met online. That isn't unusual in this day and age. People don't get K1's denied because they 'haven't met face to face"! You have to have met face to face to file!  Those that haven't met in person in the last 2 years  are denied. The problem is your country is also seen as the worst place for scam artists in the world. So that is why the denial of tourist visas, and all the extra scrutiny. How you though under those circumstances a lie would be a good thing, I do not understand.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

4 hours ago, Mannyking said:

So in 2015 I applied for tourist visa to visit my girlfriend, we met on a dating site but  due to the fear of being denied because of the vast amount of people being denied at Lagos and Abuja embassy because they met online, we decided to lie about how we met, that we met through a friend and could not prove that, I was eventually denied the tourist visa, my fiancé decided to visit with her two daughters and we got engaged and filed for a k1 visa, so we now told the truth of how we met on our story, on the interview day we got denied saying that I originally said a different story on how we met while I applied for a tourist visa. Please I need help about this, is there anything that can be done, I know I lied but it was out of fear of being denied and I don't need to be crucified for that, just any thoughtful advice to help, it's not easy to be without your love one, everyone on this journey knows. Do you think we still have a chance for a second interview or something. Your help will be appreciated. 

I don't know whether it's still possible that, although your K1 gets revoked, the consulate determines that a waiver is available for your case (which there should be as the only misrep that doesn't allow a waiver is if you had pretended to be a US citizen). As your visa hasn't been fully denied, but 'only' revoked, there can't be a waiver filed for it right now because it has to be denied based on the misrep.

Even if they don't give you the chance to submit a waiver for the K1 you can get married, file for the CR1 visa, get denied at the interview due to your misrep charge and then file your waiver (and this time the CO should definitely determined you to be eligible to file a waiver). 

Look into 601 waivers based on misrepresentation. You have to prove hardship to your then wife (now fiancée). It should be pretty easy for you to prove all the hardships your spouse would have to endure if she had to move with her children to Lagos. The difficult part will be to prove why she needs you in the US to support her and be there with her. Misrep waivers from your country often get approved from what I've read so read into it and determined together whether you have enough hardships. 

Just now, cdneh said:

It's still a lie.  Your excuse does not change that. People from your country who have tried to pull such tricks are the reason you are known as  a high fraud country! How do you think they got that reputation? 

And, you are wrong. Many many people on Visa journey have met online. That isn't unusual in this day and age. People don't get K1's denied because they 'haven't met face to face"! You have to have met face to face to file!  Those that haven't met in person in the last 2 years  are denied. The problem is your country is also seen as the worst place for scam artists in the world. So that is why the denial of tourist visas, and all the extra scrutiny. How you though under those circumstances a lie would be a good thing, I do not understand.

Yeah, Tourist visas might get denied because they met online, but not K-1 with enough proof.

The OP met his fiance, she flew to him after he was denied his tourist visa. 

(Granted though, Nigeria likes to deny people on a normal basis). Either way, if the OP was ever planning on wanting to the come to the US, lying was kind of a good way for it to make it really really hard.

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

Spoiler

Spoiler

06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.