kaylaKo

F2A AOS Priority 2015

71 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello folks,

My PD is 10-2-2015 in F2A category . I was a student and did AOS in US. Now I see final action date is 22OCT15 for next month in VISA bulletin . 

Does that mean I will receive interview notice ? When I expect to receive that normally ?

Can I track it by case number ? Since I already moved this year and changed address in USCIS system, but afraid they will mail it to original address.

Thanks for any advice.

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, James777 said:

Hello folks,

My PD is 10-2-2015 in F2A category . I was a student and did AOS in US. Now I see final action date is 22OCT15 for next month in VISA bulletin . 

Does that mean I will receive interview notice ? When I expect to receive that normally ?

Can I track it by case number ? Since I already moved this year and changed address in USCIS system, but afraid they will mail it to original address.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey, did you maintain your status after you applied for AOS?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Glad to get AOS approved on spot after the interview .  We arrived 40 min early and waited about 30 min at the waiting area.  Then in the office, the kind IO went through basic questions with my wife and asked the new medical which was expired.  Other than that, she did not ask any additional questions and we were able to take off in 5 min. 

So, you do NOT need to maintain the legal status after applying for AOS unless you foresee any complicated issues.  She acknowledged a huge backlog in Houston area, but seems that they are working hard around the clock.  Make sure you prepare well from the beginning and bring medical if expired.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:49 PM, halo101 said:

Glad to get AOS approved on spot after the interview .  We arrived 40 min early and waited about 30 min at the waiting area.  Then in the office, the kind IO went through basic questions with my wife and asked the new medical which was expired.  Other than that, she did not ask any additional questions and we were able to take off in 5 min. 

So, you do NOT need to maintain the legal status after applying for AOS unless you foresee any complicated issues.  She acknowledged a huge backlog in Houston area, but seems that they are working hard around the clock.  Make sure you prepare well from the beginning and bring medical if expired.

Hi halo101,

I am glad everything went smooth in the interview. When is your priority date and when did you apply for AOS? I also applied through Houston. I am trying to figure out how much longer I need to wait. I sent my AOS application October 2016 and got my combo card but my case became current in June 2017.  I didn't hear anything yet about the interview.

Thank you

Timeline
19 hours ago, serrife said:

Hi halo101,

I am glad everything went smooth in the interview. When is your priority date and when did you apply for AOS? I also applied through Houston. I am trying to figure out how much longer I need to wait. I sent my AOS application October 2016 and got my combo card but my case became current in June 2017.  I didn't hear anything yet about the interview.

Thank you

I think you will receive the interview notification very soon.  Our priority date was the end of June 2015 and we applied for AOS in the very beginning of Oct 2016.  Don't forget to bring a new medical if expired.  We just got a renewed EAD with AP last week and approval notice of AOS by mail yesterday.  We have not received the actual card yet. 

40 minutes ago, halo101 said:

I think you will receive the interview notification very soon.  Our priority date was the end of June 2015 and we applied for AOS in the very beginning of Oct 2016.  Don't forget to bring a new medical if expired.  We just got a renewed EAD with AP last week and approval notice of AOS by mail yesterday.  We have not received the actual card yet. 

Thank you.   My priority date is the end of July 2015 and I applied for AOS around the same time as you. I should receive the letter soon then. Did they ask you bring a new medical to the interview ? Mine is expired too. I am just waiting  for the interview letter to renew it.

Timeline
On 11/29/2017 at 10:50 AM, serrife said:

Thank you.   My priority date is the end of July 2015 and I applied for AOS around the same time as you. I should receive the letter soon then. Did they ask you bring a new medical to the interview ? Mine is expired too. I am just waiting  for the interview letter to renew it.

They did not ask for the new medical in advance.  But when we met the IO, the first thing the IO said asked was the new medical.  You MUST bring the new medical for sure if it is expired.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.