arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone! Quick question. Is it possible to get an interview for I-485 before getting the approval for I-130? 

Our I-130 was submitted last year November 28th. I just recently submitted an inquiry on it a few days ago. But today in the mail we got “Initial Interview” for I-485 for November 21st. What should we expect to happen if we don’t get the approval for I-130 prior to this interview? Thank you for your time!

Also, how strict are they on the couple being married 2 years or longer to get the 10 year green card? The reason I ask is because we will be legally married for 2 Years in December 28th, having the interview a month shy of it, just curious if they would still give him only the two year conditional residency? Side note: we have been together for over 11 years, living together about 6 maybe even more, don’t know if that helps or changes anything? Thanks again! Sorry such a long post! 😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Prgfrg said:

Гей, там, наш ПД - це грудень / 19, так що вірте мені, я відчуваю твою збентеженість!

you called them or wrote to them after they had an update on their site on October 14? on August 31 they had a date on January 9. Or there is no sense to call?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Nebraska handles the bulk of CR1 cases. Naturally, that center will appear to take longer for that particular process.

The other centers handle other aspects of immigration such as naturalization, adjustment of status, petitions from nonimmigrant workers, applications to extend or change nonimmigrant status, applications for employment authorizations, etc.

There are different types of petitions where millions of people are also waiting for responses. It's not just petitions to enter a spouse that USCIS deals with.

3 minutes ago, Alenka27 said:

you called them or wrote to them after they had an update on their site on October 14? on August 31 they had a date on January 9. Or there is no sense to call?

Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the Oct/14 update. We’re using a lawyer and he submitted formal inquiry on our behalf. Supposedly, USCIS has 60 days to respond. Honestly, I did not even think of calling.

5 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Nebraska handles the bulk of CR1 cases. Naturally, that center will appear to take longer for that particular process.

The other centers handle other aspects of immigration such as naturalization, adjustment of status, petitions from nonimmigrant workers, applications to extend or change nonimmigrant status, applications for employment authorizations, etc.

There are different types of petitions where millions of people are also waiting for responses. It's not just petitions to enter a spouse that USCIS deals with.

Very true. They do post updates for particular paperwork though, so when the update for I-130 petitions says we’re (were, really) processing Jan 2017, us being Dec 2016 is only leaving us with question marks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Prgfrg said:

Дуже правильно. Хоча вони публікують оновлення для конкретних документів, тому, коли в оновленні для петицій I-130 сказано, що ми обробляємо (дійсно) обробку в січні 2017 року, нас в 2016 році закінчили, залишає нас лише знаками питання. 

please write when you receive a response from USCIS

5 hours ago, jakelake said:

But it doesn't just ''appear'' to take longer, it is taking 3-5 months longer than other centers as well. That's a fact. They haven't cleared the November backlog, which means some people are almost at the 1-year mark for an approval. 

I'm a February filer, almost 9 months in. When I first filed, my timeline showed August as the probable month for an approval. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

But it doesn't just ''appear'' to take longer, it is taking 3-5 months longer than other centers as well. That's a fact. They haven't cleared the November backlog, which means some people are almost at the 1-year mark for an approval. 

I'm a February filer, almost 9 months in. When I first filed, my timeline showed August as the probable month for an approval. 

Nebraska handles the bulk of the CR1 visa cases.

7 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Nebraska handles the bulk of the CR1 visa cases.

That I know, it's the biggest center and they handle many immigration-related applications. But it does mean we get to wait longer than other centers, it's not a perception. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Timeline
Just now, Dianalorena said:

That I know, it's the biggest center and they handle many immigration-related applications. But it does mean we get to wait longer than other centers, it's not a perception. 

How do you know that the other centers are not taking as long in dealing with their applications?

13 minutes ago, jakelake said:

How do you know that the other centers are not taking as long in dealing with their applications?

Nebraska was processing January 9th as of August 30th. It's Almost November. 

Potomac was processing April 1sth as of August 30th.  

Texas said it was processing January 24th as of August 30th (but they're moving slightly faster than that) 

They've almost totally covered February and March already. 

As per USCIS website, without taking into account the cases I follow on apps and online every day. Not based on VJ only. 

and the 9374957394 posts by people complaining and asking why Nebraska is taking longer? 

Edited by Dianalorena

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

Nebraska was processing January 9th as of August 30th. It's Almost November. 

Potomac was processing April 1sth as of August 30th.  

Texas said it was processing January 24th as of August 30th (but they're moving slightly faster than that) 

They've almost totally covered February and March already. 

As per USCIS website, without taking into account the cases I follow on apps and online every day. Not based on VJ only. 

and the 9374957394 posts by people complaining and asking why Nebraska is taking longer? 

They have much less CR1 cases.

Just now, jakelake said:

They have much less CR1 cases.

Yeah no, I get that, Jake. :D

It's certainly not our fault that they don't distribute the caseload more evenly, is it? The fact is we wait 9-11 months for an approval as opposed to 6-7 months. The reasons why don't make the extra waiting obsolete or just a mere perception of time. Which is the actual point of me replying to you.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.