JANETandLYLE

AOS not started/WIfe wants to go back Home

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope you guys will work on your relationship, I mean try to apply for AOS so she can able to go home and spend time with the family then she can go back here again. I don't know but even I've been here in 3 years and have regular communication with my family I still feel homesick and miss them. Last year I was able to visit my family and I almost doesn't want to go back here but I love my husband that's why I'm here. Its definitely important for us to be with our family and I know you know that. Try to talk and hopefully she will understand you.

SgBcm5.png

K1 - FIANCE VISA                                                                                           ROC - I751

05.20.2013: Sent K1 Visa Application                                                              01.31.2017: Sent ROC application

05.24.2013: NOA1                                                                                           02.10.2017: NOA1 dated Feb. 3                                                                                 

09.24.2013: NOA2                                                                                           03.03.2017: Biometrics notice received  (Mar. 17)

10.23.2013: NVC letter received                                                                      01.26.2018: Received approval letter (Date of Decision: 01.22.2018)

11.04.2013: Medical done                                                                                02.07.2018: Status: New Card being produced

11.12.2013: Interview Approved                                                                      02.14.2018: Received GC but status still "New Card Being Produced"

11.19.2013: Visa in hand                                                                                 N400 - Natuzalization

12.26.2013: Hello America!                                                                              02.22.2018: Apply online  

AOS, EAD & AP                                                                                               02.24.2018: Online Status: Biometric was Scheduled"

04.19.2014: Sent Application                                                                            03.15.2018: Biometric Scheduled (early walkin (03.06.2018)

04.27.2014: Received text & email application was received                           12.21.2018: Email and text notice for scheduled interview

05.25.2014: Biometrics done                                                                             01.31.2019: Interview

07.12.2014: EAD & AP combo card received                                                    02.19.2019 : Oathtaking ceremony

08.04.2014: Received "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case"                     

04.21.2015: Status - "Carp produce - Approved - No interview

05.01.2015: Received GC

*************************** GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME *********************************

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm filipina. You can pm me if she just want to talk to a kabayan.. :)

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

Timeline

oh no! .. please tell her don't do that.. I know she missed her family .. but none of em can help her if she go back to Philippines.. but I was just wondering if she been here for while why she haven't done the AOS?.. I been here for almost 6 years and didn't have my green card too.. I go nuts knowing no green card on this country while her other friends has.. mine got denied way back due to lack of income.. but lesson learn now i have to do it again... tell her she is not alone.. please have her AOS done.. i bet she will be happy she might want to work, and teach her to be independent and trust her. my husband never did.. i wasn't able to work due too much controlling.. i know not all guys does but please teach her.. u will sacrifice too if u don't.. my husband and I in process of divorce because of that.. not able to grow.. i wanted to work and help him, while he wants to control me in everything I do...

Timeline
3 hours ago, caliliving said:

I agree with caliliving ... AOS is most important it should already be done is she came here K1 visa or whatever visa she has when she came here...

have her AOS i bet she will be happy.. time been waste for not able to grow and work....

She has been here for 7 years and u never applied for her aos? She probably feels ur holding her hostage and she will never get it so what's the point! You are unreal!!!!!

Does she realize once she leaves she will have a 10yr ban snd won't ba able to come back tonamerica?

Did you even have any intention on getting her Greencard or r u just holding her hostage???? If she had a job she would make friends and she would be able to go home and visit!! She could be a citizen by now!!!! You are unrral!

U just need to get a one way travel document from the usa embassay...I have done it...it will get you back to her home country so no need to worry about a passport 

Did you ever have any intention on filing her paperwork????? I r going to put her in immigration lingo if she leaves!!!!

Guys, please don't attack.  The AOS is filed by the beneficiary not the petitioner.  The petitioner has do the I-130 (if needed) and the I-864 but we have no idea if his wife has even made any effort herself to AOS in the last 7 years.  Maybe she never brought it up or said she didn't want to or it didn't matter.  Yes he should have done it regardless, but we don't know the whole story here and attacking isn't helping him with his marriage or getting immigration straightened out.  Maybe she did want to AOS and he didn't do it, well now she want to leave him which I'm sure hurts a great deal and would be deserved in that case.  Either way, we can word our responses appropriately and tactfully, while still being honest and candid. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

File for AOS with EAD and AP and explain to her that the EAD and AP onlyntakes about 90 days, just 3 more months of waiting.. 

If she wants to talk to a kabayan, PM me. Maybe she just really want to talk to a filipina.. :)

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

I have to agree with the other posters on here as well. What did you think your wife would do after being here for that many years and still not doing AOS for her? My wife was kinda like that as well being homesick until she got her greencard and DL, now she misses it but understands she can help herself and her family more by being here. Before you do anything about sending her back I would have a LONG conversation with her about the ramifications of this and seek marriage counseling. She probably feels like you are keeping her a slave or something which is sad. So get her out and about, file for AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Past posts are often educative.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
8 hours ago, NikLR said:

Guys, please don't attack.  The AOS is filed by the beneficiary not the petitioner.  The petitioner has do the I-130 (if needed) and the I-864 but we have no idea if his wife has even made any effort herself to AOS in the last 7 years.  Maybe she never brought it up or said she didn't want to or it didn't matter.  Yes he should have done it regardless, but we don't know the whole story here and attacking isn't helping him with his marriage or getting immigration straightened out.  Maybe she did want to AOS and he didn't do it, well now she want to leave him which I'm sure hurts a great deal and would be deserved in that case.  Either way, we can word our responses appropriately and tactfully, while still being honest and candid. 

I agree with you. we should hear something from OP and wait for his response.

SgBcm5.png

K1 - FIANCE VISA                                                                                           ROC - I751

05.20.2013: Sent K1 Visa Application                                                              01.31.2017: Sent ROC application

05.24.2013: NOA1                                                                                           02.10.2017: NOA1 dated Feb. 3                                                                                 

09.24.2013: NOA2                                                                                           03.03.2017: Biometrics notice received  (Mar. 17)

10.23.2013: NVC letter received                                                                      01.26.2018: Received approval letter (Date of Decision: 01.22.2018)

11.04.2013: Medical done                                                                                02.07.2018: Status: New Card being produced

11.12.2013: Interview Approved                                                                      02.14.2018: Received GC but status still "New Card Being Produced"

11.19.2013: Visa in hand                                                                                 N400 - Natuzalization

12.26.2013: Hello America!                                                                              02.22.2018: Apply online  

AOS, EAD & AP                                                                                               02.24.2018: Online Status: Biometric was Scheduled"

04.19.2014: Sent Application                                                                            03.15.2018: Biometric Scheduled (early walkin (03.06.2018)

04.27.2014: Received text & email application was received                           12.21.2018: Email and text notice for scheduled interview

05.25.2014: Biometrics done                                                                             01.31.2019: Interview

07.12.2014: EAD & AP combo card received                                                    02.19.2019 : Oathtaking ceremony

08.04.2014: Received "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case"                     

04.21.2015: Status - "Carp produce - Approved - No interview

05.01.2015: Received GC

*************************** GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME *********************************

@caliliving

I'll be honest I didnt read his past posts. But I still dont believe attacking someone helps.  It's an emotional response to the situation.  As I also stated, if it is his fault, then he deserves the heartbreak and all that entails.  She deserves to be happy too.  

Again though, the adjustment of status petition is the beneficiary's petition.  I would have gathered everything, put the I-864 in front of my spouse and said sign this, thanks.  Never would I have waited 7 years for someone else to control a vital part of my life.  He does not deserve all the blame unless his wife was truly hostage, locked up inside the house. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, the OP has made his bed and is lying in it.  He's been chastised in other threads.  Please avoid further judgmental posts.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.