956 posts in this topic

Hi ,

I had a question regarding traveling after receiving an Immigrant Visa through the F4 category India.

Supposing, I receive my Visa after my interview and I travel to the USA, will it be a problem if I travel back to India within a week of immigrating?

I.E.: I am the principal applicant for F4 India category. I plan to travel to USA with my spouse and 2 kids. My spouse and kids need to come to India to complete their academic year in school? So, I need them to travel back to India after 8 days. They will return to USA once the school term ends.  Will there be any hurdles when the travel back to the USA after completing their school term in India?

My interview is in Jan 2018. If all goes well, I am planning to migrate in Jan, but my wife and kids need to come back to india in 1 week because of term end examinations in school. They plan to return to the USA in April 2018. 

Please let me know if this is a good idea? Will there be an difficulties?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
49 minutes ago, akash.shah said:

Hi ,

I had a question regarding traveling after receiving an Immigrant Visa through the F4 category India.

Supposing, I receive my Visa after my interview and I travel to the USA, will it be a problem if I travel back to India within a week of immigrating?

I.E.: I am the principal applicant for F4 India category. I plan to travel to USA with my spouse and 2 kids. My spouse and kids need to come to India to complete their academic year in school? So, I need them to travel back to India after 8 days. They will return to USA once the school term ends.  Will there be any hurdles when the travel back to the USA after completing their school term in India?

My interview is in Jan 2018. If all goes well, I am planning to migrate in Jan, but my wife and kids need to come back to india in 1 week because of term end examinations in school. They plan to return to the USA in April 2018. 

Think  the visa  stamp  in your passport will be only  valid  for 1 time entry.  So if you leave  usa without  having  your greencard in your hands  you will not be able  to enter  back into usa. BTW  there  is an additional  fee  $120 per person  that you must  pay or you will not get your greencard. This  happened  to one of your family who came  on f4 visa they were didn't  get instructions  to pay this fee so they didn't  get greencard  so after  calling the immigration  office  they were told  they  have  to pay $120 one of the family  members  even  had to get their  fingers  prints  done  again. So it took  over  2 months  for  them  to have their  green  card. 

How old are your kids? They will have  to take  placement  test  here  to continue  their  education so i don't  know if there point  of them  finishing  up the year  in India. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, akash.shah said:

Hi ,

So when is there exam? After visa , you can be india upto 6 months.i would first suggest dont come here until everything done there

If that doesnt suits u...after coming here you can go back but you need to take take paper from USICS instead of green card ( which is not very hard to get).but when u come back 2nd time in US , border officer may ask you question why u went there n all that. Legally it says u need to "prove" that u have intention to live in US . It depends on border officer

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I guess this forum is dead, i will stop visiting this forum.

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

February 2018 VB is out:

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F1 15MAR11 15MAR11 15MAR11 01JUL96 01AUG05
F2A 01MAR16 01MAR16 01MAR16 01FEB16 01MAR16
F2B 15JAN11 15JAN11 15JAN11 08SEP96 22JUL06
F3 15NOV05 15NOV05 15NOV05 22JUN95  15MAR95
F4 22JUL04 22JUL04 08JAN04 08NOV97 01OCT94
Edited by Mutahir

Filed: Timeline

Interviewed almost 4 months ago. Some of our docs was missing so AP given to complete and bring them later

BTW: i m from one of the banned countries

Received email that visa can not be given according to new PO 😢😢 no waiver will be accepted and no appeal.

Edited by img2015

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, bebin said:

Good news for F4 Row. 4wks movement confirmed so far.

Two people with Pd Aug 16&18 2004 have interviews on 1 March 2018.

That is good. My priority date is 30 DEC 2004 and I haven't received welcome letter yet while people with priority dates of October 2004 got their cases completed. I want to know when our case is going to get open? Thanks 

3 hours ago, rafay13 said:

That is good. My priority date is 30 DEC 2004 and I haven't received welcome letter yet while people with priority dates of October 2004 got their cases completed. I want to know when our case is going to get open? Thanks 

Very soon. Maybe March bulletin. (Fingers crossed).

Timeline
On 1/20/2018 at 12:43 PM, Madihaha said:

Finally got case complete email 🙂now waiting for IL .

My cousin got her case  completed  as well. F3 Pd nov. 20, 2005 india. 

Edited by ILUVINDIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.