956 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, Dal120 said:

Hi everyone.23 July 2003 f4 India got interview as well.i ring to NVC today for my 31 July 2003 to ask my interview but lady said no visa number there.why she said that anybody have any idea? Thanks.

July 23 2003? In Vietnam everyone has this day had completed soon and had visa interview about 5,6 months ago. When do you complete?

Timeline
On 10/1/2017 at 9:14 AM, fuller said:

My PD is March 30, 2004. Case was completed September 27, 2016. The bulletin is now at Feb the 8th 2004 in that category.

Where re you from? My Pd 12 Feb 2004 and no information about visa interview for this March. :( I'm from VietNam

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 8:13 PM, msa_j said:

Is there any chances for moving the 2nd chart in the coming visa bulletin?? it's still frozen 

Yes there is a high chance that date will move in next month's visa bulletin.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Baongoc123 said:

My Pd 02/12/2004, Cp: 06/2016. I havent receive any information about visa interview for March. I'm from Viet Nam. Anybody has visa interview schedule for March?

I think you should call NVC to see if the visa interview is scheduled. Please share if anything.

Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 9:05 AM, Baongoc123 said:

Where re you from? My Pd 12 Feb 2004 and no information about visa interview for this March. :( I'm from VietNam

On 2/7/2017 at 2:02 PM, 2001 said:

I think you should call NVC to see if the visa interview is scheduled. Please share if anything.

Just got the news, folks from Vietnam with PD Feb 19, 2004 got their visa scheduled on March, 06, 2017. You should have the visa interview notice by now if your case has been completed.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, 2001 said:

Just got the news, folks from Vietnam with PD Feb 19, 2004 got their visa scheduled on March, 06, 2017. You should have the visa interview notice by now if your case has been completed.

Yes. I had just got an email from NVC at 13:45 pm VN. My interview time is March 16 2017

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Baongoc123 said:

Yes. I had just got an email from NVC at 13:45 pm VN. My interview time is March 16 2017

Good to hear. 2 weeks confirmed for ROW. Better than nothing.

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING! .ONLY 2 WEEKS MOVEMENT AND 2-3 WEEKS MOVEMENT EXPECTED FOR UPCOMING MONTHS. 2ND CHART STAYS THE SAME. LORD I CAN'T TAKE IT O MORE.!!

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-march-2017.html

Timeline

Came across some news about reducing visa quota. Not sure how legitimate these news are, but very worried. What do you guys think of this? Here is one of the examples, you can find more on Google:

http://www.hirunews.lk/154046/donald-trump-administration-to-ration-us-green-cards-cut-immigration-half

Timeline
37 minutes ago, 2001 said:

Came across some news about reducing visa quota. Not sure how legitimate these news are, but very worried. What do you guys think of this? Here is one of the examples, you can find more on Google:

http://www.hirunews.lk/154046/donald-trump-administration-to-ration-us-green-cards-cut-immigration-half

Here is more credible source: 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/07/gop-sens-cotton-perdue-unveil-bill-to-cut-legal-immigration-in-half.html

Edited by 2001

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, 2001 said:

This is not something new.

They have been saying this for almost a decade to get rid of F4 category.  Previous Immigration bills addressed this as well.  But bills like these will not stop the current processing of F4 and similar categories.  Key point in the last immigration bill was that all F4  Applicants currently in the system will be be honored.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi dear members. I need to know what is I-485 adjustment of status petition ? Who can apply this petition & when ? Pasting 2 paragraphs below but still dont know what does that mean. 

After filing petition I-130 under category F4 - Family-Based Visas for US citizen’s brothers and sisters; it used to take almost 10- 12 years earlier to get the final green card. Now, with the expedite process, no wonder if the process is completed within 3-5 years after the filing.

If you are looking forward to gaining permanent residence status through F4 – Family-sponsored Visa – if I-130 is already filed, you must wait for availability of slots under the F4 - Family-Sponsored Visa – to place an I-485 for Adjustment of Status.  And, the good news is that the process which was taking almost a decade to be completed, now may be completed in less than half time.

Edited by Assad219
Information

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Assad219 said:

Hi dear members. I need to know what is I-485 adjustment of status petition ? Who can apply this petition & when ? Pasting 2 paragraphs below but still dont know what does that mean. 

After filing petition I-130 under category F4 - Family-Based Visas for US citizen’s brothers and sisters; it used to take almost 10- 12 years earlier to get the final green card. Now, with the expedite process, no wonder if the process is completed within 3-5 years after the filing.

If you are looking forward to gaining permanent residence status through F4 – Family-sponsored Visa – if I-130 is already filed, you must wait for availability of slots under the F4 - Family-Sponsored Visa – to place an I-485 for Adjustment of Status.  And, the good news is that the process which was taking almost a decade to be completed, now may be completed in less than half time.

Same questions I have, with new administration and all cabinet picks including AG, probability of...

1 - Dates for filing to be continued or canceled?

2 - If to be continued, when any movement is expected and how many days or weeks if any movement?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Assad219 said:

Paste the link so can see in detail

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.