James&Edlie

Well its over now

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So after being here 2 months my wife has decided that not to tell me she no longer loved me but let me continue to carry on, taking care of her and her family, sending her home to bring her son, and then dropping the bomb on me on New Years Eve. So, she has her green card, but I have not done the AOS for him and won't. My question is this, how long is his K2 visa good for?

Edited by James&Edlie

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sadly not uncommon.

90 days

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

90 days from date of entry?, and if so what happens when it expires?

Edited by James&Edlie

26 Apr 2012---Engaged

6 minutes ago, James&Edlie said:

90 days from date of entry?, and if so what happens when it expires?

He becomes illegal.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

thank you for your response

26 Apr 2012---Engaged

Although minors accrue no overstay until they turn 18, though they are unlawfully present. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Although not explicitly in the question . . . this might be a 'classic' case of immigration fraud.  I would make sure early on that the Feds know that she has no intention to remain your wife.   It really sucks that this happened . . . good luck.

Mark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She has been here 12 months but not a lot he can do now, her immigration issues are hers and her sons.

She could send him back and petition him herself.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Almost a weekly occurrence heard hear on VJ.

Sadly in most cases I don't think they even care if they become illegal. For most the end goal is getting feet on US soil by any means necessary. There is a strong enough network here where an illegal can make a living.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, James&Edlie said:

So after being here 2 months my wife has decided that not to tell me she no longer loved me but let me continue to carry on, taking care of her and her family, sending her home to bring her son, and then dropping the bomb on me on New Years Eve. So, she has her green card, but I have not done the AOS for him and won't. My question is this, how long is his K2 visa good for?

K-2 visa was invalidated the moment the child cleared POE.   The child's legal status after entry is governed by the I-94, check that to see when it expires

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Boiler said:

Sadly not uncommon.

Almost to common it seems.  I wish once a K1 enters the USA and gets married they would issue work authorization only, and make the green card a 3 year wait until it is received.  

5 hours ago, MarkPerry said:

Almost to common it seems.  I wish once a K1 enters the USA and gets married they would issue work authorization only, and make the green card a 3 year wait until it is received.  

That would be really unfair. It's hell being in a limbo, without a real legal status, waiting for your life to begin.

the immigrant leaves everything behind and start over here, that's a big deal.

even though a lot of them around vj come from poor countries, don't have much, etc, still they give up a lot to be here and they need the means to live comfortably and legally here

2 minutes ago, p-ana said:

That would be really unfair. It's hell being in a limbo, without a real legal status, waiting for your life to begin.

the immigrant leaves everything behind and start over here, that's a big deal.

even though a lot of them around vj come from poor countries, don't have much, etc, still they give up a lot to be here and they need the means to live comfortably and legally here

I understand the limbo period. It wouldn't change under my plan.  Instead of getting a greencard you get a EAD/AP so you can work and travel and get bank accounts, etc.  It just you have to wait 3 years to apply for a GreenCard.

They offer something similar right now under DAPA for illegals who came to the country, they give them work authorization and free from deportation.

5 minutes ago, MarkPerry said:

I understand the limbo period. It wouldn't change under my plan.  Instead of getting a greencard you get a EAD/AP so you can work and travel and get bank accounts, etc.  It just you have to wait 3 years to apply for a GreenCard.

They offer something similar right now under DAPA for illegals who came to the country, they give them work authorization and free from deportation.

This makes sense for you because you're not the immigrant. Having an EAD only helps to be able to work and get a few documents here and there. It's the worst not being here rightfully legally and waiting for a decision, not knowing if you have to go back to a country where you have nothing else there, where you have to start all over again. 

People need to know each other better and build better relationships before deciding to take this huge of a step

4 minutes ago, p-ana said:

This makes sense for you because you're not the immigrant. Having an EAD only helps to be able to work and get a few documents here and there. It's the worst not being here rightfully legally and waiting for a decision, not knowing if you have to go back to a country where you have nothing else there, where you have to start all over again. 

People need to know each other better and build better relationships before deciding to take this huge of a step

I agree people need to build better relationship before doing a K1. You just see way too many people getting taken advantage of.

I wouldn't worry about your AOS, Once you made it to USA it is over.  They don't usually require a interview to be approved GreenCard, especially if are from Philippines. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.