jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, amerisian said:

Hi Sassymama,

I am not approved yet.. I wished :) I just received the NOA1 stating that my case was accepted. It is now routed to Texas Service Center, that's where the approval has to be made.

And if approved, they will send the NOA2. After the petition is approved, they will forward the case to NVC. NVC will issue the case number. Then, other steps to follow.

We should put like a tracking table in here with the process, ladies. :P i'm going to see if i can find something. if you find anything, feel free to add it in the forum. that way, we can see how everyone's application is doing.

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, amerisian said:

Hi Sassymama,

I am not approved yet.. I wished :) I just received the NOA1 stating that my case was accepted. It is now routed to Texas Service Center, that's where the approval has to be made.

And if approved, they will send the NOA2 (Approval notice, hopefully and praying that there is no RFE), they will forward the case to NVC. NVC will issue the case number. Then, other steps to follow.

haha, ok. I was looking at sample timelines and inputted mine, (Linda & rebecca one). http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op3=20&op5=&op6=All

I see that the second notice takes few months, and some people have long wait for the interview as well...i heard that Hong kong embassy is very full and hard to schedule an interview so my friend waited months for the interview. HOpefully  your country will be less wait.

19 minutes ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

We should put like a tracking table in here with the process, ladies. :P i'm going to see if i can find something. if you find anything, feel free to add it in the forum. that way, we can see how everyone's application is doing.

ok :) I am using the timeline feature..but then i dont know who is who in this post. 

does any one know if a birth certificate is needed or is it optional for the beneficiary? my mom does not have one, and one lawyer i spoke to said i need it...if not i need an affidavit? or is passport sufficient?

2 hours ago, sassymama said:

ok :) I am using the timeline feature..but then i dont know who is who in this post. 

does any one know if a birth certificate is needed or is it optional for the beneficiary? my mom does not have one, and one lawyer i spoke to said i need it...if not i need an affidavit? or is passport sufficient?

Hi,

As far as I know, birth certificate of the petitioner and the parent is very important. Are you from Hong Kong?

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

1 hour ago, amerisian said:

Hi,

As far as I know, birth certificate of the petitioner and the parent is very important. Are you from Hong Kong?

yes, hong kong. My mom doesnt have birth certificate but i do.she has some school certificates proving her age. but not birthday....

Just now, sassymama said:

yes, hong kong. My mom doesnt have birth certificate but i do.she has some school certificates proving her age. but not birthday....

Cool. I missed HK. Yeah, birth certificate is needed to show that you have the same name/last name (when you are single), etc. 

Let's wait for the other ladies to give their input. 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

13 hours ago, amerisian said:

Cool. I missed HK. Yeah, birth certificate is needed to show that you have the same name/last name (when you are single), etc. 

Let's wait for the other ladies to give their input. 

Yeah, amerisian is correct. They have to have a proof that your parent is your real parent so they have to check for the name and other information on her birth certificate. 

28 minutes ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Yeah, amerisian is correct. They have to have a proof that your parent is your real parent so they have to check for the name and other information on her birth certificate. 

sorry if i was unclear..i have a birth certificate with her name, i meant my moms' birth certificate. since she was born in china i read she has to get a non availability certificate from china plus secondary evidences. if anyone has experience in this please let me know.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hello everyone.

i had my oath ceremony today and now I am USC

I am from India, and I am planning to file i130 for my parents.

how long does it take for them to get GC? where can i check the timeline for that?

i tried, but not getting correct information on the timelines.

please let me know.

Sent AOS package to Chicago locker box 12/28/2012 (Day 0)
AOS package received by USCIS 12/30/2012 (Day 2)
I-130 USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
I-131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT Confirmation Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION Confirmation Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
Both check cashed 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
Got 4 NOAs mail on Saturday 01/12/2013 (Day 15)
Got Bio Appointment for 02-08-2012 on Saturday for Pico/Fairfax Los Angeles USCIS Office 01/18/2013 (Day 21)
Early Walk-In Biometrics appointment done on Fairfax/Pico Los Angeles ASC Office 01/22/2013 (Day 25)
Changed status for Interview Date notice on 02/13/2013 -- Interview Date 03/19/2013 (Day 47)
Interview Notice Received on 02/15/2013 for 03/19/2013 Office - 300 N Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Day 49)
I-765 and I-131 Status changed online to Approval and Card/Document Production respectively 03/01/2013 (Day 63)
EAD Card Received (Still no I-131 approval yet) 03/08/2013 (Day 70)
Approved on the spot 03/19/2013 (Day 81)
Received Green card in mail 03/27/2013 (Day 89)

Sent I-751 Packet to California (To remove condition on Green Card) 12/23/2014 (Day 636)

My check got encashed today! What's weird is, I haven't received any texts or emails from them regarding the receipt of the petition. I did include a G-1145 so I don't know what the hold up's about. BUt hopefully they notify me today. :):):) 

19 hours ago, sassymama said:

sorry if i was unclear..i have a birth certificate with her name, i meant my moms' birth certificate. since she was born in china i read she has to get a non availability certificate from china plus secondary evidences. if anyone has experience in this please let me know.

You may want to open up another forum regarding this, maybe there are other members who has the same situation like your mom that can help you out. :) 

4 hours ago, coolmind1414 said:

hello everyone.

i had my oath ceremony today and now I am USC

I am from India, and I am planning to file i130 for my parents.

how long does it take for them to get GC? where can i check the timeline for that?

i tried, but not getting correct information on the timelines.

please let me know.

Congratulations! :) Are your parents here in the US or not? There are different processes in filing for their green card depending on where they are. You can read more about it on this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Congratulations! :) Are your parents here in the US or not? There are different processes in filing for their green card depending on where they are. You can read more about it on this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

they are here right now.

but they are leaving in 1 week to India.

if they are here, i need i130 and i485 both need to be filed right?

if they leave for India, and then i file, it's just i130. am i understanding it correctly?

which is easier? i can file it i130 and i485 but they may not be here by the time i get the first response from USCIS

also, if they are in India, how long will it take for them to get their permanent resident interview? is there any uscis link where we can check the timeline for the processing time?

so many questions..sorry about that.

Sent AOS package to Chicago locker box 12/28/2012 (Day 0)
AOS package received by USCIS 12/30/2012 (Day 2)
I-130 USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
I-131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT Confirmation Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION Confirmation Email 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
Both check cashed 01/07/2013 (Day 10)
Got 4 NOAs mail on Saturday 01/12/2013 (Day 15)
Got Bio Appointment for 02-08-2012 on Saturday for Pico/Fairfax Los Angeles USCIS Office 01/18/2013 (Day 21)
Early Walk-In Biometrics appointment done on Fairfax/Pico Los Angeles ASC Office 01/22/2013 (Day 25)
Changed status for Interview Date notice on 02/13/2013 -- Interview Date 03/19/2013 (Day 47)
Interview Notice Received on 02/15/2013 for 03/19/2013 Office - 300 N Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Day 49)
I-765 and I-131 Status changed online to Approval and Card/Document Production respectively 03/01/2013 (Day 63)
EAD Card Received (Still no I-131 approval yet) 03/08/2013 (Day 70)
Approved on the spot 03/19/2013 (Day 81)
Received Green card in mail 03/27/2013 (Day 89)

Sent I-751 Packet to California (To remove condition on Green Card) 12/23/2014 (Day 636)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Got my NOA 1 today. Actually there are 2 of them. 1 for my dad and 1 for my mom. Yay!! So they sent me the acceptance confirmation through mobile text and email. I should get the official receipt notice by standard mail in a few days. Good luck everyone!! 

IMG_8325.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.